• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../SamHathor.jpg

Let's STOP what we're doing along the way
    And wish Royal Accountant a jolly good day
    She and other Samandans are January born
    So let's hip hip hooray and toot the horn!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLEY!!

Comment

Kat and Ooober and bink et al, I share many of your opinions re: Stronghold and GUP. I was fearful of how the "sexy Sam" scenes would play in GUP but it was just a delight to watch AT once again on her mark and delivering such a fun performance with DH as her foil. The real performance worked! Score one for the PTB!

As to the continued downward spiral for the character of Cam, vis a vis his actions in Stronghold, I have the same concerns. Let me tell you when it became uncomfortable for me to even watch what they're doing to this guy:
      Spoiler:
      last week's Ripple Effect when black Cam was slapping around khaki Cam ... BB had to take some pratfalls which made him look like a clown and I felt sorry for the actor ... later, when he dropped his pants ... yes, chick eye candy ... but to me it was an embarrassment and added more to this buffoon persona that's developing. What purpose did seeing him in his underwear serve the storyline?! The writers are floundering more and more; each week I lose more interest and respect for this character. And I get angrier at the cowardly lack of naming the true leader of SG1, Sam!

Okay, 'nuff said ... you guys have had some intelligent and weighty exchanges the past day or two about some really serious stuff and it's good to see the thread engaging well on topics like that and everyone's reviews of the eppies. Working out some medical problems of my own right now so not too energized to step into the dialogues.

Peace, CG
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 29 January 2006, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Remember the good old days, when they said "who says an SG team had to be made of four people?" They had a 3 person team Maybe it's time to throw Cam to wayside, like they did in S6 when trying to find a replacement for Daniel and went throgh ? (a large number) of tryouts before Jonas was finally added. Yes lets throw Cam to the wayside, maybe the marines can make a good soldier out of him
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

nudge from the bottom
          sigpic

Comment

Time to bump from bottom of page
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I think it's time to open the royal bar and break out the cake and snacks for a Royal Birthday Greeting.

Happy Birthday
              Coley

Have a drink on us

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Remember the good old days, when they said "who says an SG team had to be made of four people?" They had a 3 person team Maybe it's time to throw Cam to wayside, like they did in S6 when trying to find a replacement for Daniel and went throgh ? (a large number) of tryouts before Jonas was finally added. Yes lets throw Cam to the wayside, maybe the marines can make a good soldier out of him
                I'm with you on throwing Mitchell to the wayside - I am hoping that as they continue to write him stupid (and getting beaten up and frat boy one-liners and Mr. let me get in trouble so Sam, Daniel and Teal'c have to digress from their other job of saving the world so they can save my sorry a$$) that so many people get sick of him TPTB get rid of him. He is a detriment to the team (so far away from the stuff that SG1 is made of and nowhere near mature or capable enough of co-leading this team and it gets WORSE every week instead of better - he is learning nothing!!) and if I were on his team I would be scared for my own safety he has such a predisposition for getting beaten up, captured and into trouble I would want him as far away from me as possible. The fact that Daniel and Sam had to run off to save his sorry hide is despicable and then Carter let's him go off to save Teal'c - unnatural and forced and contrived and so bad it hurts to watch this show anymore.

Someone else made a very appropriate point earlier, it is hard to believe that 14 epsiodes into this we are still trying to figure out why he is on this team - what the heck does he bring to the team? I still do not know. On top of that he is not progressing he is moving backwards as many have pointed out. The Mitchell in Avalon is loooong gone and we are stuck with an immature, inexperienced hot-head who cannot control his emotions and endangers missions, his team and the SGC in general (letting that alien guy out of that pod and I already forget the name of that ep because it was soo forgetable, like most of S9). I can tell you this if I was Carter I would have either shot him myself at the rings or I would have kicked his a$$ from here to kingdom come and then I would have sent him back to the Gate to either wait or go home.

Mitchell is a distraction and he is keeping the team (the real team - Sam, Daniel and Teal'c) apart and distant because TPTB are trying so hard to fit a round peg into a square hole - IT IS NOT WORKING and he is hurting the credibility of the show and the other characters (TPTB have no credibility left with me so he can't hurt them anymore than they already are). Just as an FYI the reaction at you know where (as well as at several other forums I have scanned) to this little rambo-stunt, the sick friend waste of time and Mitchell in general is almost universally the same as here. Once again TPTB have managed to get fandom into almost complete agreement because of their immense stupidity and the direction they are taking this show - what a shame for the fans and the show.

Comment

binkpmmc, I was wondering what you thought about GUP
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    I think it's time to open the royal bar and break out the cake and snacks for a Royal Birthday Greeting.

Happy Birthday
                    Coley
                    Happy Birthday!!!!

Stay away from the ledgers
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

Happy Birthday
                      Coley

Have a drink on us

Happy Birthday Coley
                      And Tracy I'll take a rum with Diet Coke of course
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ohh Happy birthday!!!

You know it would be interesting to see the team of 3 without Jack there at all. Mitchell hasn't done anything for me so far... and exploring the team dynamic with the SGC having changed with just the three of them would be interesting.

It looks like they're gearing up for a Landry/Carter showdown at some point, so that aspect would be far more fascinating were SG-1 purely on her shoulders.

Very interesting thought.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                          I'm with you on throwing Mitchell to the wayside - I am hoping that as they continue to write him stupid (and getting beaten up and frat boy one-liners and Mr. let me get in trouble so Sam, Daniel and Teal'c have to digress from their other job of saving the world so they can save my sorry a$$) that so many people get sick of him TPTB get rid of him. He is a detriment to the team (so far away from the stuff that SG1 is made of and nowhere near mature or capable enough of co-leading this team and it gets WORSE every week instead of better - he is learning nothing!!) and if I were on his team I would be scared for my own safety he has such a predisposition for getting beaten up, captured and into trouble I would want him as far away from me as possible. The fact that Daniel and Sam had to run off to save his sorry hide is despicable and then Carter let's him go off to save Teal'c - unnatural and forced and contrived and so bad it hurts to watch this show anymore.

Someone else made a very appropriate point earlier, it is hard to believe that 14 epsiodes into this we are still trying to figure out why he is on this team - what the heck does he bring to the team? I still do not know. On top of that he is not progressing he is moving backwards as many have pointed out. The Mitchell in Avalon is loooong gone and we are stuck with an immature, inexperienced hot-head who cannot control his emotions and endangers missions, his team and the SGC in general (letting that alien guy out of that pod and I already forget the name of that ep because it was soo forgetable, like most of S9). I can tell you this if I was Carter I would have either shot him myself at the rings or I would have kicked his a$$ from here to kingdom come and then I would have sent him back to the Gate to either wait or go home.

Mitchell is a distraction and he is keeping the team (the real team - Sam, Daniel and Teal'c) apart and distant because TPTB are trying so hard to fit a round peg into a square hole - IT IS NOT WORKING and he is hurting the credibility of the show and the other characters (TPTB have no credibility left with me so he can't hurt them anymore than they already are). Just as an FYI the reaction at you know where (as well as at several other forums I have scanned) to this little rambo-stunt, the sick friend waste of time and Mitchell in general is almost universally the same as here. Once again TPTB have managed to get fandom into almost complete agreement because of their immense stupidity and the direction they are taking this show - what a shame for the fans and the show.

I'm really begining to think that their writing him that way until "you know who comes back" and with those last two episodes everything will be right as rain with the writers. I almost feel sorry for BB and hope that he has an escape clause in his contract.

But that's neither here nor there. On another note:

Spoiler:

I was going to post this in the Anti S9 thread, but I change my mind.

I am to understand that PDL directed this episode? Yes.
                          I am to understand that Alan McCullough wrote this episode? Yes.

How can someone who directed almost the same kind of episode back in season 5 forget what happened in Threshold?

Wasn't that episode (Threshold) a way to force Teal'c to see Apophis wasn't the god he thought he was. And if I remember correctly, there wasn't any choice/free will about it. At least in my opinion, just another plot hole/re-writing another story line to suit the episode.

But, YMMV.

I also think that someone needed to sit AMCC down to watch Threshold.

Comment

You know, I don't really want them to get rid of Mitchell. Despite a brief desire last night to see
                            Spoiler:
                            the Jaffa blow him away to teach him a lesson about abandoning one's team,
                            I just want him to be written as a consistently competent military officer.

I don't want him to be written as SuperMitchell, or frat-boy Mitchell... I want him to be written as someone I might have a little respect for. We've been given glimpses of that person. But they aren't writing him in a consistent fashion at all. Except, maybe, consistently bad. (Is he supposed to be the hero or is he the comedic relief? In most programs, you can usually tell who is who. He just seems to flop around from one extreme to the other, switching personalities between scenes. )

Really, it's like the writers are trying too hard.

There were a lot of redeeming things about Stronghold... Sam in command being one of them. I really don't understand why people argue she can't hold her own in a command position. I thought her scenes were very believable and well played. She sure as heck came across as a better, more responsible leader than Cam did in the battle scene. I truly thought she rocked.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              binkpmmc, I was wondering what you thought about GUP

Hi MandgySG1 -- I do not watch Atlantis and even AT's presence would not make me watch it. To be honest I despised the spoilers and the descriptions I read after those in Canada saw it. I know it is a figment of Rodney's immature high school mind but for me it is something I did not want to see them do with Carter especially with how I think they have treated the character since S7. I'm glad many of you liked it and I always admire and respect AT for her work but I won't watch GUP - a lot of the same reasons I would not watch Threads and still won't.

I am torn since I do not watch Atlantis -- if they do have Carter in several eps next season I may have to watch those eps (as long as they stay away from childish nonsense between her and Rodney - Snarky relationship great - anything else blech!) but SGA does not interest me in the least otherwise and I will truly resent it if TPTB start to make the shows so you have to watch both in order to understand. I am thisclose to dropping out of SG1 altogether and if they go that route well . . .

Comment

Happy Birthday Coley!!!!

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X