Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Yup, that's right. She's gonna show that nasty Pete Shanahan how the job should be done.
    Laf, I'm not too sure about that... from what I recall of Amanda's description, she plays a bumbling detective.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Laf, I'm not too sure about that... from what I recall of Amanda's description, she plays a bumbling detective.
      Well... can't be much worse than Spud.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tracy Jane]There's a new thread guys, to show Joe our appreciation. It's called, funnily enough, the Joe Mallozzi Appreciation Thread and can be found by clicking on this link or going to the General Discussion subforum.

Please leave wishes and happy memories there, and show him how much we've appreciated having him with us at Gateworld this past 7 years.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the heads up Tracy Jane. Many of us seem to enjoy "trashing" tptb, without having the responsibility for producing and writing 2 TV shows for TV. If it were "easy"......we'd all be doing it, but we aren't, are we? Maybe we don't always agree with the scripts or the direction the characters are being taken, but this forum is here just for that purpose, to express our reservations.....but we must do so with respect and civility.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
          ooooh and she is playing opposite Joe Lando. He's very cute IMHO!!! Lucky lucky AT playing opposite so many cute male co-stars! THis is the one that she plays a detective in isn't it? I'm looking forward to it!
          We are all assuming that AT plays the lead character, Abby Lord.

But I'm a bit concerned now that I saw the credits as there is another actress, Maria somebody or other, whose name comes first ... could that be Abby Lord? And, Amanda is playing a non-lead?! Won't know until the telemovie comes out, I guess.

Comment

Tara, Congrats on your First Grandbaby!! You're in for a wonderful adventure! Let the journey begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Hmm? With all this talk of Ben liking to be so close and then wondering if he can ride a motorcycle. I just hope they don't come up with a scene where Sam's teaching Cam to ride...a motorcycle
              I just wonder where he would be putting his hands
              I would have rather seen Sam and Jonas motorcycle riding. You know he's a brother figure. We may be saved from Cam cyle stuff for the same insurance reasons we can't see Sam riding.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Yeah, I know it sounds terrible. But you have to remember that the actors aren't promoting a commodity, they are the commodity. The product they're selling is - themselves (as cringe-worthy as that might sound). So the studios and the producers have a great deal of money invested in timely production. Major changes which could occur to an actor's body would delay or even cancel production which would mean losing a great deal of money, hence the clauses. It's not like other professions in that there's a personal line that doesn't get crossed (with respect to professional ethics), because the actors are, in fact, "the product" being marketed (just as much as the final show is), the studio does have that right. As dirty as it might sound, in the industry actors often (jokingly) refer to their plight as a form of "legal" prostitution, in the sense that it's their physicality which is (in large part) up for sale. The actor's body is their tool; is their product.

<snip>
                In the end, it's not really much different than (say) a woman agreeing to be part of the crew of an isolated research station, or any other kind of gig where (even if their spouse is with them), getting pregnant wouldn't be particularily advisable, given professional considerations.

In the end, it's the woman's choice. Entirely. Whether to sign/agree to it, or not.

mini
                Okay I'm going to add my 2cents worth on this subject. Contracts in any performing art can have some well just just say interesting clauses in them. I have played professional in the music world with three different touring groups/acts and know I play for things locally when they fit in my schedule. (In fact one of the reasons I have not been around much lately I have one more performance of "Mamma Mia" to play and then I start rehearsals for "42nd street" and a new recording with my jazz band.) I had two different contracts that had no dating clauses in them while on the road touring becuase they did not want personal relationships to get in the way of shows. I also had to stop participating in Taekwondo Tournaments because they were afraid I would get hurt and be able to play. The best group I ever played for I left because the road manager and contract was so restrictive, but I knew that going into the gig it was one of those gigs you take becuase when you say I played with _________ it opens other doors. Actors are the same they have some interesting things as part of their contracts sometimes and they have to decided what is more important their indpendance to do anything they want or the job. If the job has enough perks to give something up then they take it if not well then you look for employment elsewere. But then again don't we all do that to one degree or another with our jobs.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Spoiler:
                  [QUOTE=ChillinTheMost.]

One other thing: In the scene that y'all are talking about where Mitchell stands up real close to Sam and she seems to jump back, I think they both stood up at the same time and didn't expect to find themselves that close to each other. I think it surprised both of them, didn't they both jump back a little? Amanda/Sam more, but I think Ben/Mitchell also reacted in a way that showed he was a little surprised that they ended up so close to each other. Anyway, he was supposed to stage-whisper to her, so he was aiming for close, but maybe not that close. Amanda/Sam, for her part, maybe was emphasizing her reaction because they were close and Sam didn't realize that Mitchell wanted to whisper something to her. Did that make sense? I think it was a combination of both of them standing at the same time and being surprised that their individual paths brought them so close together and the fact that Mitchell was trying to get close to whisper.

that was basically my interpretation as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    We are all assuming that AT plays the lead character, Abby Lord.

But I'm a bit concerned now that I saw the credits as there is another actress, Maria somebody or other, whose name comes first ... could that be Abby Lord? And, Amanda is playing a non-lead?! Won't know until the telemovie comes out, I guess.
                    Amanda has said that her role is relatively small, as I remember. A detective.

Comment

I'll take any role. A bumbling detective sounds like a fun change of pace for AT. I know I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        I'll take any role. A bumbling detective sounds like a fun change of pace for AT. I know I'll be keeping an eye out for it.
                        Yupp. AT in any shape, shize or form is all good news.

Comment

bump

Comment

Actually, a bumbling detective sounds like great fun. From the little I know about Amanda, I think she would relish a part like that. She seems to have a wonderful silly streak. Also, after playing the highly competent Sam Carter for so long, a silly role would be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                              Actually, a bumbling detective sounds like great fun. From the little I know about Amanda, I think she would relish a part like that. She seems to have a wonderful silly streak. Also, after playing the highly competent Sam Carter for so long, a silly role would be fun!
                              yeah, she is a bit of a goon. In a lovely way, of course. I can see her loving it too. I'm surprised that Sam Carter doesn't drive her insane at times. Amanda must be dying to make some silly retorts etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                                your probably right, we never see her silly side on SG but if she played a role like that who knows

Comment

Working...
                                X