Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Ah, that was a cool moment of the episode.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
      Anyone see Joe's latest blog entry - he is stopping the blogging and the visits to the forums after seven years of visiting - wonder why? HHHmmm I have my guesses but maybe overall they are just trying to reign in spoilers and rhetoric on how bad things are getting, or trying to stop all the bad-mouthing that has been goign on related to actors, characters, and PTB - hard to tell. It will be interesting to see if they reign in everyone especially how they act at cons and what articles and interviews may say in the future (I kind of thought that AT may have been told to avoid discussing the show and S10 after I saw the transcript of the chat she recently did). It may be the suits/PTB at Sony/MGM/NEW OWNERS trying to stem the tide.
      I'd be thinking its more to do with JM not having the time anymore

Comment

Anyone see Joe's latest blog entry - he is stopping the blogging and the visits to the forums after seven years of visiting - wonder why? HHHmmm I have my guesses but maybe overall they are just trying to reign in spoilers and rhetoric on how bad things are getting, or trying to stop all the bad-mouthing that has been goign on related to actors, characters, and PTB - hard to tell. It will be interesting to see if they reign in everyone especially how they act at cons and what articles and interviews may say in the future (I kind of thought that AT may have been told to avoid discussing the show and S10 after I saw the transcript of the chat she recently did). It may be the suits/PTB at Sony/MGM/NEW OWNERS trying to stem the tide.
        it makes me *very* sad that he's leaving. i know how bad that blog can get (i read 'and' play there a lot), but... he could just turn off the comments section.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi Samandans, i have some really fantastic news to share with you all!
          I'm a Grandmother this morning
          My Son gave us the news just before midnight last night (uk time)
          We have a little Grandaughter named Isabelle Amy and Mum and Daughter are doing well, my Son is over the moon and when we asked who she looked like he replied "i don't know she's all scrunced up!" bless him.
          Anyway sorry for being ot but i'm so pleased about the news that i had to share with you, take all of you
          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
            We have a little Grandaughter named Isabelle Amy and Mum and Daughter are doing well, my Son is over the moon and when we asked who she looked like he replied "i don't know she's all scrunced up!" bless him.
            Anyway sorry for being ot but i'm so pleased about the news that i had to share with you, take all of you
            That is good news!

Comment

Congratulations!!!

sigpic

Comment

I do beleive you just joined me in the nether regions of the gutter Mini.... well welcome.. pull up a chair.. the view is always fun from down here

Originally posted by minigeek
                No way, it'd be fun. It'd just take longer and cost more than I think they'd have budgeted for one episode. Then again I guess
                Spoiler:
                it depends what the "Carters" were doing - all 15 of them together at the same time, that is...
                sigpic

Comment

I had to fight the urge to jump in and bite back based soley on the title of that thread. It'd be a little less confronting if it were something like "Dissapointment with the writing for Sam Carter".

Sadly no matter how much you know something, it's tough to get that message through to your emotive side. Amanda is very in touch with that side of herself from what I've seen, so I personally cringed when I read it, knowing she'll probably see that.

I truly believe that there is no need for the negativity being thrown about at the moment, aside from people's selfish desire to whine about not getting exactly what they want. I know, I've done it, but I call a spade a spade and when I'm just whining for the sake of it, I'll be the first to admit it. At the end of the day, although it's not the same as it was, this is still a great show.

And I don't mean to be confronting with that, I just have a tough time swallowing the needless negativity (and by that I mean the non-constructive criticism).. so I guess that means I'll just stay here and not venture out of our nice little thread.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  it's never fun to read something negative about yourself. I've had the dubious honor of finding out that i'm being flamed and 'critiqued' behind my back. so i can understand how she feels.

and yes, sam has been on the receiving end of some very nasty comments, that have spilled over onto the actress. such as making comments about her hair, if she's fat or looks pale or any other set of derogatory comments.

however, from what i've read in this one thread, the comments are about sam and her storylines. it's more of a way for folks to express thier opinions about what the writers are doing for and to the character. and many of those comments echo what folks are saying in here
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello everybody I wanted to share a vid I made with you. I finished it in Nov or Dec last year, but due to circumstances outside of my control it didn't get hosted until last week. But I didn't forget my promise to share it with you all, (even though you've all probably long forgotten) I'd like to thank everyone who offered suggestions when I asked for Sam/Gate scenes. I actually didn't end up using any of them due to some changes I made and I think the vids the better for it. But I do thank you most sincerely for coming to my aid when I asked

The vid is Sam/Dad. The song is the very beautiful 'Quizas' by Enrique Iglesias, and you can find the vid here http://www.stargate-intel.net/member.../samjacob.html

And here is a link to the english translation I used to make the vid (My spanish is, I'm afraid, quite pathetic) Just follow the link and go to 'Quizas' http://www.enriqueiglesias.org.uk/1lounge2_quizas.htm

I hope you enjoy this tribute and reviews are always welcome. Thanks

Comment

I was in a red kinda mood tonight, so here's Shades of Sam Red

sigpic

Comment

it is very possible that scifi et al wants to keep him, and others, confined to only posting on their site and thier blog so that they can get the traffic and revenue as opposed to fan sites, which are admittedly, far, far better and more accurate than the 'official' ones. (doesn't the scifi site STILL have mitch as a major???)

i have absolutely no idea how or why. it might be nothing big, it might jsut be that joe's tired of it all. he's done this before. s7 he pulled back and 'left the fandom' and it lasted about a year or so before he came back

also, well i'm sure it's not quite as much fun as it used to be. more and more folks are criticizing teh show than ever before and that's not fun to watch/read.

so teh real reason could be wide and varied and i doubt we'll ever know the truth
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Me thinks ... there are games afoot.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          it is very possible that scifi et al wants to keep him, and others, confined to only posting on their site and thier blog so that they can get the traffic and revenue as opposed to fan sites, which are admittedly, far, far better and more accurate than the 'official' ones. (doesn't the scifi site STILL have mitch as a major???)

i have absolutely no idea how or why. it might be nothing big, it might jsut be that joe's tired of it all. he's done this before. s7 he pulled back and 'left the fandom' and it lasted about a year or so before he came back

also, well i'm sure it's not quite as much fun as it used to be. more and more folks are criticizing teh show than ever before and that's not fun to watch/read.

so teh real reason could be wide and varied and i doubt we'll ever know the truth

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

SGC PictureArchive has added some new photos from "Off the Grid".

http://sg.emedian.net/

Comment

Congratulations tara and just remember it's the grandma's job to spoil the baby before giving her back to the parents
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

im back to talk about sam

Comment

Working...
                                X