Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Errr.... did you not see the Red Sky explanation of the worm through the apple?
    actually, it was matter of time that i was referring to
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      I know, I was just kidding
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ok. I'm not Qasim... I'm the better looking model

You start off with one box, then ever hundred reputation points, a new one appears. To check how many you have, click on "my controls" at the top of the screen.

And Qasim's taken to lurking in the members helping members thread. He reckons it's his vocation to cause as many problems and confuse as many people as possible. And that's the perfect thread for it.
        Hmm, I'm sure if that's exactly true. It may be the case for the first five green squares, but the amount of points needed seems to go up with each additional square. I have 11 green squares and something like 3470 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          Sorry.... my bad. I got mixed up again. I haven't had time to rewatch in ages. But... I just handed in my final essay of the semester today, so I can play until saturday (I'm going to France on Saturday. Not sure when I'll be back. Last time 1 week turned into 3 months)
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Sorry.... my bad. I got mixed up again. I haven't had time to rewatch in ages. But... I just handed in my final essay of the semester today, so I can play until saturday (I'm going to France on Saturday. Not sure when I'll be back. Last time 1 week turned into 3 months)
            Wow, have a good trip! And I hope you know enough French to get by
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Wow, have a good trip! And I hope you know enough French to get by
              Errr...... not quite sure how to take that. The second bit, I mean. Was it a joke?? Not meaning to sound cocky, but after 14 years of learning French, I would hope I could get by. I won't make too many comments on the standard of my French though, Lys is probably the best person to pass judgement.

Thanks for wishing me a good trip, though.

Comment

Errr...... not quite sure how to take that. The second bit, I mean. Was it a joke?? Not meaning to sound cocky, but after 14 years of learning French, I would hope I could get by. I won't make too many comments on the standard of my French though, Lys is probably the best person to pass judgement.

Thanks for wishing me a good trip, though.
                Sorry Tracy, yes it was a joke, becaues I know you know a lot of french.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Sorry Tracy, yes it was a joke, becaues I know you know a lot of french.
                  Sorry. I was having one of those divvy moments where I couldn't work out whether it was or it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Where's Qasim when you need him? He can usually answer questions like this.
                    I was watching the latest Atlantis episode 'Inferno' at that time
                    Ok. I'm not Qasim... I'm the better looking model

You start off with one box, then ever hundred reputation points, a new one appears. To check how many you have, click on "my controls" at the top of the screen.

And Qasim's taken to lurking in the members helping members thread. He reckons it's his vocation to cause as many problems and confuse as many people as possible. And that's the perfect thread for it.
                    Hmmm...have you had a gender change?

Its a 100 for the green ones then 200 for the glowy ones

It seems the maximum is 11 blocks and then rep only affects the message that is displayed when you mouseover someones rep - it seems <username> reigns as system lord is the end product there

Is that your way of saying my answers are better than yours
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                      I was watching the latest Atlantis episode 'Inferno' at that timeHmmm...have you had a gender change?

Its a 100 for the green ones then 200 for the glowy ones

It seems the maximum is 11 blocks and then rep only affects the message that is displayed when you mouseover someones rep - it seems <username> reigns as system lord is the end product there

Is that your way of saying my answers are better than yours
                      Nope. Just my way of saying that I'm friendly, polite and I don't threaten people with a ban button

Comment

Originally posted by gatenv
                        One day when there's a problem and everyone's looking at Carter for a solution I want the scene to be:

The boys: Carter, do you have a solution?
                        Carter: Yep
                        The boys: Care to share?
                        Carter: Nope - she turns and leaves
                        The boys give stupid looks to each other
                        Now that would be funny!

Comment

Nope. Just my way of saying that I'm friendly, polite and I don't threaten people with a ban button
                          Hmmm...and that makes me.....

*goes off to flame n00bs*
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I found this one to be quite amusing. JR really is a extremely charming man, I can totally understand why Amanda liked Martouf so much if she got to hang around him.

In another con interview, JR Bourne comes out on stage to join Amanda and gives her a hug and hands her some flowers.

JR: Do we even have flowers on our planet, I don't even know. I'm not even sure...

Amanda: Pretty desertish.

JR: I'm not even quite sure what planet I'm on anymore, now that I'm dead. So...

Amanda (in an english accent): Ah that's lovely, thank you.

JR: You're very welcome.

Amanda: Is my hair still like the sands of Abydos and my eyes like the oceans of Marloon(sp)? *lots of laughter from audience and JR* I don't know how. That came out of nowhere.

JR: Wow. Wow. Yes, they most definitely are. Wow, she remembered. I'm flattered.

Amanda: Course I remember.

JR: What else?

Amanda: Things we can't say...you know.

JR: That was...that was...that was the first time we met. That scene, on the desert, was like a six page scene for us walking along and remembering what Jolinar looked like and the comparision and similarities. That was the very first time...that literally met.

Amanda: met. We met at like 6:00 or
                            JR: Yeah.
                            Amanda: 7:00 o'clock that morning.
                            JR: Walked on set and Hi this is Amanda Tapping and here's your six page scene. You know. Pretend you're in love. *laughter from audience and JR* It wasn't hard.

Amanda: Nor for me. *more laughter* Yeah, that was amazing and one of those situations as an actor you go 'hey how are you...hey...you wanna run this? Ok, how do you feel about me...blblblblbblblahblahblah and instant, we had an instant connection.

JR: Yeah, yeah we did.

Amanda: So it worked. I still really am sorry *grabs JR's hand* that I killed you.

JR: Yeah. That one's taken a little bit to get to get over, I gotta admit. When she walked up with that gun. When I was saying 'Samantha'... I was really saying 'Come on Samantha'...

Amanda: Easy.

JR: Yeah just relax. I'm still in here. *more laughter from JR & AT* But you pulled the trigger anyway, didn't ya?

Amanda: I did. Got a little nervous. A little twitch. Whoops.
                            JR: Yeah, damn those directors, huh, when they tell you what to do?
                            Amanda: Oh man. Any questions you would like to ask us collectively before I leave you with JR?

Fan Question: Did you two expect to get together when you first came onto the show? And where you sorry you didn't? And I want to say that she did catch you when she shot you before you hit the ground.

Amanda: I did, didn't I? Did we expect to get together...

Fan Question: yeah the characters to get together to have a proper relationship.

Amanda: It was pretty much written into that first episode in a lot of ways...there was an instant connection between the two characters so it was sorta written in, but we didn't realize how far they were going to take it. And as a testament to JR, his character wasn't written as a recurring character. It was written for Tok'rah I&II episodes and he was so good, is so good, um...that you know. *looks at JR and grabs his knee* Really, that they said we're going to make him a recurring character to which everyone said 'Yeah'. You know, cus we love him. So...um so that's just a testament to him. We had no idea they were going to carry it further.

JR: I had hoped of course. You know, one of those, well this has some potential. If something goes on. You know, but then again...uh I had no expectations that it would continue the way it did. So everytime I got a phone call and they'd say...you know...you're back on for another episode, I would expect that it would the one that I would be killed on. Finally it happened.

Amanda: Well then he got really comfortable and got the script and went 'They're killing me?' *laughter* We all did. I went running up to...umm...Brad Wright again and said 'Whatyawhatyawhatya Martouf. And he said it's good, it's a good moment. Dadadadadah...series bible. The arc, the drama and I went 'bbabbababut Martouf'.

JR: (laughing) and I was doing the same thing at home. Wwwwhat?
                            Amanda: We need him. Kill Anise. *extreme laughter* I meant that in the nicest way. Vanessa Angel as a person is lovely. I personally was not found of her character, but as a person Vanessa is wonderful.

JR: Yes, I kept trying to slip things in her drink while we shooting that last episode, but she kept passing them on to somebody else. Damn *laughter*

Amanda: We lost half or crew that day.

JR: Anymore questions for the two of us?

Fan: Did Sam ever tell Martouf about Narim?

JR: Who the hell is Narim?

Fan: Narim of Tollan.

Amanda: Um...no she didn't. Thanks.

JR: I would love to hear now though.

Amanda: He's just some guy I met. I gave him my cat and he's living somewhere else.

JR: (jesting) Well he's dead when I get back to Canada.

Amanda: We kissed, once small, short kiss.

JR: Huh, after I died or while I was still alive?

Amanda (embarrassed grin) and much laughter from the audience.
                            JR has a shocked looked on his face.

JR: While I was alive? *Amanda is now bending over with laughter* I'm taking care of your father. I'm helping fight Apophis. What? And you're schmoozing with like...had I known.

Amanda: He did ask me to um to become more serious with him and I said I couldn't, because of...um...you.

JR: Did he ever bring you flowers?

Amanda: No, never brought me flowers and took my cat. So...

JR:...and he took your cat? *hands Amanda the flowers he brought her*

Amanda: Yeah, clear winner. Folks...huh. Thanks for bringing that up. I'll have hell to pay when I get home. Honey.

A fan shouts something about Narim and Sam kissing and JR makes a comment about two kisses from Narim and none for him and then someone shouts something about kissing now which they proceed to do for the audience.

Anywho... I thought the little banter back and forth was quite entertaining. The entire conversation between AT and JR was very tongue in cheek and filled with laughter from both parties, so I wouldn't necessarily say this gives any clear indication as to how Sam felt about Martouf other than their feelings for one another when they first met was suppose to be pretty intense, but we know that had a lot to do with Jolinars memories and feelings for Martouf. I just know some people were unhappy to see Martouf in RE and while I don't really agree with how the writers wrote the scenes between Sam/Martouf... I do believe it was probably a very enjoyable experience for her and the other members of the cast to have him back, just as it was with Teryl.

Thanks for posting this Kat!!! I think AT gets along so well with all the characters/actors on the show. JR and Amanda are so funny at this con!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                              Hmmm...and that makes me.....

*goes off to flame n00bs*
                              Careful, or the others will start thinking we're an old married couple.

Comment

Careful, or the others will start thinking we're an old married couple.
                                Aaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!

*runs*
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X