Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    Spoiler:
    who said that sam was still in the military? or ever in the military for that matter?

sally
    exactly.

given the deliberate ambiguity there are very few conclusions that can be drawn
    Spoiler:

i've heard speculation about au sam's pregnancy ranging from it being jack's, teal'c's, cam's or even a donor with Janet as the 'daddy' ie: sam's partner

so people can make of it what they will, just like they're having fun speculating who was next in sam's life after marty
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, I just rewatched RE, to try and see what was all that with Daniel rolling his eyes, I it wasn't the impression that I got. What I saw was a Daniel, in the briefing room, very discouraged at yet another alternate reality, which confused him just a little, but with which he could have go without. And in the control room, I saw a Landry asking if Daniel understood something and might explain things simpler, and a Daniel who was saying "no, forget it, I'm barely understanding it myself, please don't even ask me to try and translate it for you, I'm really not in the mood". Or something like that.

But you're all right. Friendships between Sam, Daniel and Teal'c is barely mentioned, completely superficious, while they try and show us a big friendship and camaradery between them and Cam. TPTB is trying to push the new guy into the gang.

As for Sam and Landry. With Hammond, she had known him for years and had respected him for a long time. With O'Neill, he was the hero of the first Stargate mission which she had read many times, and she was younger, so more respectful of authority, and in time, had come to respect him. Now, she's older, a colonel, and has been around O'Neill too much. So this new guy, Landry, ok, he's her boss, show respect, but he is a complete stranger to her who hasn't earned her respect yet. And she doesn't have to prove herself anymore either. They all know, by now, what she's worth.

Yes, he was being rude to her, telling her, indirectly to shut up. At least, with Jack, it was "Don't waste your time and brain and saliva trying to explain things to me, it's not worth it, I won't understand, and I'm not sure I want to. I trust you, you're the expert, do what you have to do".
      sigpic
      There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
      If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
      If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
      If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
        The charged, rotating black hole variety? Multiple event horizons, with directionality and temporality alternately determinate and free, cool relativistic and gravitic effects, possible passage through the singularity to alternate universes/locations via conjectural wormhole? That kind of wormhole physics?

Thor, you got aspirin ?
        sigpic
        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          Spoiler:
          who said that sam was still in the military? or ever in the military for that matter?

sally
          Or that Jack is still in the military, or still in her chain of command or...

Time I went to sleep I think ;-)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            true. and they've never been clear on it, but there are also differences between jaffa and hosts.

jaffa can have pregnancies while being hosts (seeing as how we have female jaffa with primtas) while hosts can't have babies without the symbiote being dormant.

hosts can survive without their snake, if the snake consciously separates while the same isn't true of jaffa - or teal'c wouldn't have almost died several times

with jaffa it seems to be an exchange, healing powers, greater strength and longer life for being an incubator with little to no contact with the snake but with hosts they also get the healing powers, greater strength and longer life but also they have a symbiotic 'melding of the minds' that jaffa don't have

the difference between serving as an incubator vs a host means that what applies to one race doesn't apply to another
            Honestly, I try not to dig too much in all that stuff, because I'm sure we would find lots and lots of inconsistensies. I try to stay at the surface and enjoy the show. And frankly, I'm not sure my brain is capable of analyzing all that stuff. So I leave it to all of you talented fanfic writers who give me so much pleasure with your stories. You have my admiration.

Goodnight everyone
            Last edited by Historian; 24 January 2006, 08:28 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
              Honestly, I try not to dig too much in all that stuff, because I'm sure we would find lots and lots of inconsistensies. I try to stay at the surface and enjoy the show. And frankly, I'm not sure my brain is capable of analyzing all that stuff. So I leave it to all of you talentuous fanfic writers who give me so much pleasure with your stories. You have my admiration.

Goodnight everyone
              Sorry for giving you a headache, but it's my fault. I asked a question for the fanfic I'm writing, and I got a lot of answers. But I do thank everyone for their input.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Sorry for giving you a headache, but it's my fault. I asked a question for the fanfic I'm writing, and I got a lot of answers. But I do thank everyone for their input.
                Nah, no headache. And I hope all the answers you got will help you with your story. I'll be sure to read it. And I'll have to read your other ones too. Good luck.

Historian out
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy

To keep this post somewhat on topic, I'll just comment that the main thing I've been missing this season, humor-wise, is the cynicism that Richard Dean Anderson brought to the show. I liked Ripple Effect so much because I thought there was a bit of a similar underlying cynicism and exasperation with others that Amanda Tapping exhibited here. Sam's been through so many of these types of situations that her comfort in dealing with them seems to be bleeding into a cynical weariness when it comes to dealing with others. She's not being mean per se, but she is behaving as if she knows she's better qualified to deal with it all. And eight years in, that is exactly where the character should be. It's where Jack was when the show started. For me, that's character growth.
                  interesting take. and one i like. i'm going to think about this one some more, but i definitely like where you're going with this.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Hey mate, welcome to the thread. I like your descriptions of Sam Stick around and join in on the Sam fun
                    Errrrr... that's so weird. For the first time, I just heard you "speaking" with an Aussie accent, AD...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Edit: Just curious but is anyone here going to the Vancouver Con in March?
                      I'm going
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Errrrr... that's so weird. For the first time, I just heard you "speaking" with an Aussie accent, AD...
                        hehe... thats sooo cute!!!!!
                        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                          Martouf has always been a troubled character in my mind. It all started when they introduced him opposite Jacob/Selmak. Initially I think he was supposed to provide a stable, recurring link to the Tok'ra, but was shuffled off to the side after seeing how well the Jacob and Sam dynamic worked. His best scene came when Lantash heatedly took over in Serpent's Song, although TPTB never really went off in that vein again. He simply became a rather bland addition, always playing second fiddle to either Jacob (Jolinar's Memories/Devil You Know) or the plot (Divide and Conquer). I've always bristled at the notion that he was killed because of Sam/Jack ship. He was actually killed in favor of Jacob, and it was a good decision.

great observation!

i never thought, myself, that martouf was killed for 'ship' , but i see what you mean about jacob taking over the tok'ra end of things.

Spoiler:
                          His return in Ripple Effect was given far more prominence than the character warranted. He's played here as if he was more important to the storyline than he actually was. Imagine if Teryl was the only guest character in Ripple Effect, if all of Sam's scenes with Martouf had been with Janet. It would have made for a far more powerful and meaningful reunion, and given the episode more of a bittersweet flavor. At least to me, that is.
                          i couldn't agree more. besides the bitter taste the
                          Spoiler:
                          sam/martouf ship left (and i wish it would have been FRIENDship), the sam-janet relationship was far more interesting to me. i really don't know why they literally ignored this great opportunity to explore the 'i miss you my friend' and 'cassie is doing great. now' scenarios.

sam and janet were best friends, for cryin out loud!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            it may not be as much mocking as it is eye rolls and 'yeah yeah we know it's boring, but it's rude to shut her up, so just keep your mouth shut and let her finish' facial gestures and tones

daniel and cam especially have this little thing going a couple of times in RE.

which, in a grumpy mood, they want and expect sam to find the answers, but don't want her to explain the answers
                            One day when there's a problem and everyone's looking at Carter for a solution I want the scene to be:

The boys: Carter, do you have a solution?
                            Carter: Yep
                            The boys: Care to share?
                            Carter: Nope - she turns and leaves
                            The boys give stupid looks to each other

Comment

Okay I have some BIG news here Joe from 2001 is alive and well. I just saw him talking to James Caan on Vegas
                              Just saw him and thought it was nice to see him doing more than Home Depot commercials.

Nice to see the Aschen left him in Las Vegas, maybe they got lost going to area 51. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

Sam: Finally there's enough of me to go around for all the ship that's written about me
                                That's a great caption

Can we add 'which one do YOU want Dr. Lee?'

Would't want anyone to miss out on Sam ship

Comment

Working...
                                X