No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam: Finally there's enough of me to go around for all the ship that's written about me
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

lolol

appropriate, so very appropriate.

think we got a sam for every pairing now??
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        lolol

appropriate, so very appropriate.

think we got a sam for every pairing now??
        And a couple spare for AD!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          yeah. i personally am not a fan of, let's say american pie type of humor (which is all sexual, innuende, crass jokes, penis jokes, etc)

a little is ok, but to be deluged with it, i just roll my eyes and wonder if the people that wrote it ever grew out of puberty

at times it seems that daniel is trying to out quip cam and vice versa.
          Oh yeah, nothing wrong with a little of that humour... we all act a bit immature at times. But 2/10 lines is a bit much.

Speaking of Daniel and Cam trying to out quip each other, I see Daniel's humour as that tiny bit more Jack-like. It's good, but doesn't really work for Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            And a couple spare for AD!
            Hmm? Which one's for Janet
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Coffee Carter would certainly keep Janet's hands full.

Bagsie I get Geek!Sam!!!! I loved the explanation in True Science as to
              Spoiler:
              how we got Geek!Sam in Ripple Effect

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Hmm? Which one's for Janet
                The one standing next to the door when Landry walked in,

The one who was on maternity leave,

...and the Green one who commanded the Prometheus, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  You know, I'm not sure. I seem to recall something about the Goa'uld physiology being poisonous to the Human bloodstream, but I don't recall how that works. I think you could probably get away with saying that the blood is a kind of toxin if you were writing about it. I think that might be the case.
                  This is how Teal'c's dad died. His symbiote having been killed by Cronos
                  sigpic
                  There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                  If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                  If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                  If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

I'm sure I've never posted on page 1335 of a discussion thread.

But what better reason than to praise the character of Samantha Carter and her animator, Amanda Tapping.

Sam is really the perfect human being: Intelligent, strong, emotional but in control of her emotions, intuitive but in command of the analytical details, a risk taker, explorer, maternal, persevering.

And I haven't even touched on the physical aspects.

I love the way Sam handles come-ons, exploding suns, starship tactics, continuing to love someone when it seems impossible, managing upward, seeing intelligence in "Homer", respecting the chain of command while continuing to influence for the good, loyal to a fault, tough as nails, compassionate without letting her compassion control her sense of duty.

She is the best of Daniel, Jack and T'ealc rolled up into the best character in Science Fiction since Jean Luc.

Comment

But I want Alpha!Coffee!Carter!!! [whine]

I think Janet would be happier with Gum!Chewing!GI-Carter!

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Coffee Carter would certainly keep Janet's hands full.

Bagsie I get Geek!Sam!!!! I loved the explanation in True Science as to
                      Spoiler:
                      how we got Geek!Sam in Ripple Effect
                      sigpic

Comment

..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                          The one standing next to the door when Landry walked in,

The one who was on maternity leave,

...and the Green one who commanded the Prometheus, of course.
                          Sorry I can only agree to the first one,
                          not the rest
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                            But I want Alpha!Coffee!Carter!!! [whine]

I think Janet would be happier with Gum!Chewing!GI-Carter!

Ok. You can have Alpha!Coffee Carter, I'll have Geek!Sam and Janet can have vest top Sam. I'm not sure I can see Janet with the gum chewing Sam somehow.

Comment

Hi, im back, iv been away for about a month if any one has noticed

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
                                Hi, im back, iv been away for about a month if any one has noticed
                                Yeah, welcome back!!! I was missing your interactions with Qasim.

Comment

Working...
                                X