• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GABIT HOTEL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE G4

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/GAB...NCE/message/30
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Ok. Oooober and I had another Magical Msn Chat (Patent Pending). We had the following idea (spoilers for Ripple Effect)

Spoiler:
      Tracy says: What I reckon... they should do what they did with the mirror and do the reverse effect. You know how we had There but For the Grace of God and Point of View.... one in each reality?
      ÜberSG-1Fan says: yup
      Tracy says: We should have Ripple Effect and Aftershocks. They have to go to Janet/Martouf's universe for help next year
      ÜberSG-1Fan says: oh sweet
      Tracy says: And Sam can meet "her" baby as well
      ÜberSG-1Fan says: but something goes horribly wrong in that reality and janet has to leave with our team back to our reality
      Tracy says: And you never know, now they've (lamely) got rid of ECF, they can bring her back
      ÜberSG-1Fan says: lol
      Tracy says: Same Wavelength again.... this is scary
      ÜberSG-1Fan says: i mean it's scifi fcol
      Tracy says: Another one for Samanda, I reckon. Oh yeah, it's scifi
      ÜberSG-1Fan says: if they can justify vala as a full time cast member, they can justify anything
      Tracy says: Agreed. And a lot of fans are saying Lam won't last much longer anyway.
      ÜberSG-1Fan says: and i like vala...but i would have preferred her as a recurring
      ÜberSG-1Fan says: lam has to go

So there you have it. A perfect plot for season ten, courtesy of the two soon to be new Stargate writers. Btw... we're still looking for a replacement director. PDL seems to have *ahem* mysteriously vanished following the Scam incident. Any takers?
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Ok. Oooober and I had another Magical Msn Chat (Patent Pending). We had the following idea (spoilers for Ripple Effect)

Spoiler:
        Tracy says: What I reckon... they should do what they did with the mirror and do the reverse effect. You know how we had There but For the Grace of God and Point of View.... one in each reality?
        Tracy says: We should have Ripple Effect and Aftershocks. They have to go to Janet/Martouf's universe for help next year
        ÜberSG-1Fan says: but something goes horribly wrong in that reality and janet has to leave with our team back to our reality
        Tracy says: And you never know, now they've (lamely) got rid of ECF, they can bring her back
        ÜberSG-1Fan says: if they can justify vala as a full time cast member, they can justify anything
        Tracy says: Agreed. And a lot of fans are saying Lam won't last much longer anyway.
        ÜberSG-1Fan says: and i like vala...but i would have preferred her as a recurring

So there you have it. A perfect plot for season ten, courtesy of the two soon to be new Stargate writers. Btw... we're still looking for a replacement director. PDL seems to have *ahem* mysteriously vanished following the Scam incident. Any takers?
        Oh me, me! I'll do it! I'm gettin' rusty over here! lol

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Spoiler:
          It's odd, I did not like how the scenes with Martouf played out in Ripple Effect; however, that does not mean I didn't enjoy him being a part of the episode. I can totally understand why Amanda may have wanted him there. From what I have read Martouf had been Amanda's personal ship choice for Sam. So I guess in that case, it was nice that they explored it a bit. Unfortunately for me, it was just too little too late. Had they explored their relationship more five years ago, I may have jumped on the bandwagon, but the way it was written it just felt odd. It's obvious that AU Martouf didn't share the same fate as ours, so he may not have understood the guilt that our Sam had gone through all these years, and a since of loss of never having been able to explore a relationship with him (if that were the case). AU Martouf, on the other hand, had the chance to reconcile his feelings for his Sam. It's the fact that he told her that his Sam had not been his Sam for quite some time and Sam suddenly says "I've missed you" as if he were actually her Martouf. It's like she wasn't really seeing him for who he was and suddenly realized it as she started to kiss him.

I think it would have had a better reaction to the scene if it had gone more like this ...

Sam: And I have a feeling that your Samantha Carter is back home working on the problem.

Martouf: She stopped being my Samantha a long time ago.

Sam: I've miss you. *shakes head* I mean him. Maybe if I had been more capable of differentiating Jolinar's feelings from my own...maybe...things would have been different.

Martouf: Possibly...or they may have remained the same.

Sam: ...but at least then I would have known.

At least in this case, I would have seen the attempted kiss more as a closure for Sam.

Oh well, what's done is done. I still think overall it was a very good episode.

Kat
          I like your version Kat ...
          Spoiler:
          If for whatever reason they really felt the almost kiss just had to be in there, then I like the way you set it up I think I would also add the deleted scene where Sam tells AU Martouf that she was the one that killed him.
          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 22 January 2006, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
            Yes I agree
            Spoiler:
            I saw co leadership and Sam also taking charge on the prometheus like you mentioned.
            Me three. Indeed,
            Spoiler:
            I simply can't understand any contention that Mitchell was solely in charge. Frankly, if that was Mitchell leading, that would be pretty sad.

Comment

Ok, sorry I haven't posted yet - I've been away from the computer most of the weekend, but I did get to see Ripple Effect and I definitely have comments!

Most of them I'll put into spoilers, but first of all...

I LOVED IT!

Incredibly well written, well acted, well directed (it totally was, no matter what did or didn't make it into the final cuts, it was soo well put together, technically and artistically).

But.. on to the spoilery discussion of "stuff".

Spoiler:

I think the neatest part for me was really diving into the multiverse theory, which I think Joe (or whomever did the research for this plot) really researched well. The idea of a singularity diverting space-time, twisting it, if you will, is one I've always loved to theorize about myself (in my own inept, non scientific way, I suppose). I've spoken to other people about it before too, in the context of Stargate, and I love that I finally saw some more of it in actual canon [/geek mode off] lol

Having 16 different Carters in the same room was very neat; from a visual effects point of view, I was sitting on the edge of my couch going, that is soooo cool! Before any of that could be finished in post, the way it was originally blocked for direction would have had to be so meticulously measured and shot; my hat's waaay off to the production team on this one. Major Kudos.

Beyond the technical though, I think the actors did a fabulous job, each in their own right, of coming across as "different" entities of the same persona. I'm sure most of us got a laugh out of a couple of the Sam Carters wearing glasses (a la Moebius) in that one scene. Very cute.

And the multiverse idea that: everything that can happen, will happen (somewhere) ... really gave this episode what I feel was an intellectual boost on any of the others I've seen this season so far.

I've gone and read a lot of the previous comments regarding Martouf's scenes and those with Janet, and while I agree I'd have loved to see more of them (especially Janet), I think that was my only minor disappointment - and it wasn't even a viable one, more of a wistful "ah, if only there were more time...".

I know Sam/Jack shippers were upset over the "almost kiss" between Marty and Sam, too, but I look at it this way. Sam still has those remnant memories from Jolinar inside of her, and she was just beginning to try and reconcile those feelings when Martouf originally died. When she saw him alive again, the part of her that was still connected to Jolinar would probably have nearly wept for joy - those two were lovers for hundreds of years; she'd have been out of her head with happiness and that would definitely impact Sam. Include the fact that Sam really was attracted to Martouf, albeit in a burgeoning way, and she definitely might have kissed him. I didn't have a problem with that at all. Though I believe now (more than EVER) that OUR Sam and OUR Jack are together - in THIS reality.

In Joe's RE: Deleted Scenes expose, there was a part that said:
              Originally posted by Joe's RE Deleted Scenes
              in the case of "Ripple Effect," I made of point of touching not only "the paths not taken," but "the paths taken" and "the paths to be taken."
              I think Joe was trying pretty hard to infer Carter was with Jack in all of the "innuendo" scenes, too. Her leaving Martouf, being with someone else in that other reality - Joe mentioned in his blog that he'd tried to include hints in the script at not only what might have happened in the past, but what might still happen, and what was currently happening. I saw huge hints in this script that lead THIS shipper heart of mine to believe the reason TPTB have been so cloak and dagger with any overt mention of the Sam/Jack ship (in this reality) is because... THEY'RE ALREADY MARRIED.

I know non shippers won't have seen it that way, but I certainly do. Even moreso when I read that Joe made Peter take that hand-holding scene between Cam and Sam out of the final cut, because he meant to infer a relationship, but "not that" one.

It just seemed like the great spirit of inference and innuendo was working on the Sam/Jack side for this episode. But enough of the Sam/Jack for a minute.

Sam taking command of the team when they escaped their confines on board the prometheus was amazing as well. I loved that Joe gave her some actual orders to give. I love the way she was spouting the science again, but with an understated air of confidence that I think (FINALLY) they've begun to write in for her character in season nine. Her lines were funny, her delivery (as always) was sharp and witty. Good material to work with an she shines so brightly. Just... wow. Great stuff.

That one particular (now infamous) line she sent to General Landry: "I got nothing... yet!" - I think came off really well. IMHO, it was cute and it was well delivered; and it wasn't OOC at all.

Also, the way Daniel delivered his (following line) about all the other SG-1 teams, saying: "How did they get HERE?" - was done with that cute little mystified expression he used to always get when he was confused - the Daniel Jackson I always adored was back for this episode, and it just all... WORKED.

Really, I cannot say enough great stuff about this episode. We sort of had a bit of crazy John Crighton in the Prometheus when he was talking'/eating with himself there for a bit - but oh, well. I didn't even mind that at the end of it all.

There was just soo much about this episode to love. Really great work from everyone involved. And definitely, positively, absolutely, a kick-arse Sam Carter ep.

Way to freakin' go, Joe! Credit where it's due. And for this particular episode, it is undeniably due.

mini(the happy)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Now, press a few buttons here and all trace of Cam/Sam ship is gone!
                Nice one jckfan55. Threads and Moebius closed Sam's love life for good. One man. They better not bring a Sam/Cam ship, except for a really good FRIENDship.

The guys had love interests, which were more attraction and tender feelings for specific women than love. But with Sam, they always write it as to appear more deeper feelings. I'm starting to get a bit tired of this.
                Spoiler:
                With Martouf in RE, it was something else. Feelings were there for a long time. And guilt for killing him. But like you, I think that near kiss was a bit to much. And there was a scene deleted where Sam tells Martouf she had to kill him

On edit : a bit too much the way it was written. A kiss between the two of them might have been possible, but not the way the scene was directed. Might have happen like Sam taking Martouf in her arms in a friendly hug, and then, feeling like doing more, but not the way it ended up on the screen
                Last edited by Historian; 22 January 2006, 04:12 PM.
                sigpic
                There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Any one know of any more RE pics?
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Ok, sorry I haven't posted yet - I've been away from the computer most of the weekend, but I did get to see Ripple Effect and I definitely have comments!

Most of them I'll put into spoilers, but first of all...

I LOVED IT!

Incredibly well written, well acted, well directed (it totally was, no matter what did or didn't make it into the final cuts, it was soo well put together, technically and artistically).

But.. on to the spoilery discussion of "stuff".

Spoiler:

I think the neatest part for me was really diving into the multiverse theory, which I think Joe (or whomever did the research for this plot) really researched well. The idea of a singularity diverting space-time, twisting it, if you will, is one I've always loved to theorize about myself (in my own inept, non scientific way, I suppose). I've spoken to other people about it before too, in the context of Stargate, and I love that I finally saw some more of it in actual canon [/geek mode off] lol

Having 16 different Carters in the same room was very neat; from a visual effects point of view, I was sitting on the edge of my couch going, that is soooo cool! Before any of that could be finished in post, the way it was originally blocked for direction would have had to be so meticulously measured and shot; my hat's waaay off to the production team on this one. Major Kudos.

Beyond the technical though, I think the actors did a fabulous job, each in their own right, of coming across as "different" entities of the same persona. I'm sure most of us got a laugh out of a couple of the Sam Carters wearing glasses (a la Moebius) in that one scene. Very cute.

And the multiverse idea that: everything that can happen, will happen (somewhere) ... really gave this episode what I feel was an intellectual boost on any of the others I've seen this season so far.

I've gone and read a lot of the previous comments regarding Martouf's scenes and those with Janet, and while I agree I'd have loved to see more of them (especially Janet), I think that was my only minor disappointment - and it wasn't even a viable one, more of a wistful "ah, if only there were more time...".

I know Sam/Jack shippers were upset over the "almost kiss" between Marty and Sam, too, but I look at it this way. Sam still has those remnant memories from Jolinar inside of her, and she was just beginning to try and reconcile those feelings when Martouf originally died. When she saw him alive again, the part of her that was still connected to Jolinar would probably have nearly wept for joy - those two were lovers for hundreds of years; she'd have been out of her head with happiness and that would definitely impact Sam. Include the fact that Sam really was attracted to Martouf, albeit in a burgeoning way, and she definitely might have kissed him. I didn't have a problem with that at all. Though I believe now (more than EVER) that OUR Sam and OUR Jack are together - in THIS reality.

In Joe's RE: Deleted Scenes expose, there was a part that said:

I think Joe was trying pretty hard to infer Carter was with Jack in all of the "innuendo" scenes, too. Her leaving Martouf, being with someone else in that other reality - Joe mentioned in his blog that he'd tried to include hints in the script at not only what might have happened in the past, but what might still happen, and what was currently happening. I saw huge hints in this script that lead THIS shipper heart of mine to believe the reason TPTB have been so cloak and dagger with any overt mention of the Sam/Jack ship (in this reality) is because... THEY'RE ALREADY MARRIED.

I know non shippers won't have seen it that way, but I certainly do. Even moreso when I read that Joe made Peter take that hand-holding scene between Cam and Sam out of the final cut, because he meant to infer a relationship, but "not that" one.

It just seemed like the great spirit of inference and innuendo was working on the Sam/Jack side for this episode. But enough of the Sam/Jack for a minute.

Sam taking command of the team when they escaped their confines on board the prometheus was amazing as well. I loved that Joe gave her some actual orders to give. I love the way she was spouting the science again, but with an understated air of confidence that I think (FINALLY) they've begun to write in for her character in season nine. Her lines were funny, her delivery (as always) was sharp and witty. Good material to work with an she shines so brightly. Just... wow. Great stuff.

That one particular (now infamous) line she sent to General Landry: "I got nothing... yet!" - I think came off really well. IMHO, it was cute and it was well delivered; and it wasn't OOC at all.

Also, the way Daniel delivered his (following line) about all the other SG-1 teams, saying: "How did they get HERE?" - was done with that cute little mystified expression he used to always get when he was confused - the Daniel Jackson I always adored was back for this episode, and it just all... WORKED.

Really, I cannot say enough great stuff about this episode. We sort of had a bit of crazy John Crighton in the Prometheus when he was talking'/eating with himself there for a bit - but oh, well. I didn't even mind that at the end of it all.

There was just soo much about this episode to love. Really great work from everyone involved. And definitely, positively, absolutely, a kick-arse Sam Carter ep.

Way to freakin' go, Joe! Credit where it's due. And for this particular episode, it is undeniably due.

mini(the happy)geek
                    I agree with you on nearly every point you made, except for the one about Daniel. I have to say I felt completely the opposite regarding Daniel. In my opinion, there is still something about Daniel that's different now and it may be due to the fact that writers are intend to explore Daniel's
                    Spoiler:
                    darker side. I didn't see him looking as if he were confused, I saw it as he didn't really believe how it could happen. I totally expected Mitchell and Landry's responses. They have only read about alternate realties, but Daniel has stepped through not one alternate reality, but two. He has also gone back in time two times, even if he may only remember one instance. He knows it has happened; therefore, he should have been one of the few people who believed Sam inexplicitedly.

I also didn't like the fact that when Sam was explaining how they would send everyone back to their original realities, Daniel appeared to roll his eyes at Landry as if to say..."Don't even bother trying to understand her". Daniel may not grasp every thing little that Sam says regarding astrophysics, but he has always been the one who seems to understand Sam the best. They were like two peas in a pod. He was the one who grasped on to the concept of the planets shifting in the very first episode. The Daniel I see now is not the same Daniel I've adored for nearly a decade. I know people change with time, and that they can't possibly remain the same person for ever. He was very young and naive when we first met him and his life experiences havel ultimately altered his views on things just as they have with Sam and Teal'c; however, I really feel that each time Daniel accends and decends a part of his soul is lost, which is much the same way I felt about Jack each time he stuck his head into the Ancient's depository. A part of me wonders if perhaps it has something to do with the Ancients themselves. I know we see them as good and the Ori as evil, but maybe the Ancients and Ori are not as black and white as we perceive, but merely different shades of grey.

I'm still really missing the closeness of the team. I think they are all beginning to mesh together better in terms of a working unit, but they still lack the emotional attachment they used to have with one another. One can only hope this will change in the near future.

And to get back on topic...

In what episode did Sam say,
                    Sam talking about Daniel: SG-11 insisted he seemed perfectly normal. Did you notice anything peculiar about him, sir?

Kat

Comment

I agree with you on nearly every point you made, except for the one about Daniel. I have to say I felt completely the opposite regarding Daniel. In my opinion, there is still something about Daniel that's different now and it may be due to the fact that writers are intend to explore Daniel's
                      Spoiler:
                      darker side. I didn't see him looking as if he were confused, I saw it as he didn't really believe how it could happen. I totally expected Mitchell and Landry's responses. They have only read about alternate realties, but Daniel has stepped through not one alternate reality, but two. He has also gone back in time two times, even if he may only remember one instance. He knows it has happened; therefore, he should have been one of the few people who believed Sam inexplicitedly.

I also didn't like the fact that when Sam was explaining how they would send everyone back to their original realities, Daniel appeared to roll his eyes at Landry as if to say..."Don't even bother trying to understand her". Daniel may not grasp every thing little that Sam says regarding astrophysics, but he has always been the one who seems to understand Sam the best. They were like two peas in a pod. He was the one who grasped on to the concept of the planets shifting in the very first episode. The Daniel I see now is not the same Daniel I've adored for nearly a decade. I know people change with time, and that they can't possibly remain the same person for ever. He was very young and naive when we first met him and his life experiences havel ultimately altered his views on things just as they have with Sam and Teal'c; however, I really feel that each time Daniel accends and decends a part of his soul is lost, which is much the same way I felt about Jack each time he stuck his head into the Ancient's depository. A part of me wonders if perhaps it has something to do with the Ancients themselves. I know we see them as good and the Ori as evil, but maybe the Ancients and Ori are not as black and white as we perceive, but merely different shades of grey.

I'm still really missing the closeness of the team. I think they are all beginning to mesh together better in terms of a working unit, but they still lack the emotional attachment they used to have with one another. One can only hope this will change in the near future.

And to get back on topic...

In what episode did Sam say,
                      Sam talking about Daniel: SG-11 insisted he seemed perfectly normal. Did you notice anything peculiar about him, sir?

Kat
                      The Light.

EDIT: and I am completely with you on the Daniel thing. He was always interested in science or at the very least was respectful and tried to understand what was going on even if he didn’t understand. Now its like he cant really be bothered. Wonder what peoples reactions would be if Sam acted the same way whenever Daniel started off on some big archeological spiel.... I wouldn't like it. I would think it is out of character and I think the same thing here.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

Spoiler:

OOH OOH! ME ME! PICK ME!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          OOH OOH! ME ME! PICK ME!
                          ok, here's my theory on the daniel thing. you may notice that he was a little off with sam in moebius too. my thoughts on this then, and now are this;

relicarter! daniel was
                          Spoiler:

taken and tortured by replicarter, and while consciously he knows that it wasn't his sam, subconsciously he holds resentment, fear and other bad feelings. look at how coldly he reacts to the other alt sam in moebius. look at how alt. daniel reacts to alt. sam. its a totally different reaction. and i think to a small extent it may still be there.

well thats my reasoning behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                            The Light.
                            Nope. Guess again

Comment

Nope. Guess again
                              is it need? i don't think so, but at the mo' thats all that comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                is it need? i don't think so, but at the mo' thats all that comes to mind
                                hmmm. Holiday? But I dont think any other SG teams were mentioned in that one. Frasier just sent him home, but someone did drive him.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X