Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    see, here i was thinking that, since teal'c was gone, he was on paternity leave with sam
    That's what I said to AD, Myrth and Oooober last night. I said you'd be happy.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

time to bump
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I agree with all who said AT was at the top of her game & showed great comedic timing in RE.
        Spoiler:
        I was nervous about an AU episode, but I thought they did a good job with the various teams. Re: who's the father of desert team Sam's baby--it could be ambassador Joe if he didn't die in 2001. (ducks rotten tomatoes of J/S shippers) just saying. I noticed AU coffee Sam seemed to have a "tougher" personality, but after all your comments, I'll have to go back and look again. Also both Black team Sam and regular Sam seemed pretty in charge in this episode to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Agent Dark Land. It's a fantasy world only he inhabits. Although it seems the population has increased to two.
          The last time I heard it was four - AD, two Sam clones and one Janet clone. And it was apparently an international center for the development of applications for naquadah power generation, too.
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
            The last time I heard it was four - AD, two Sam clones and one Janet clone. And it was apparently an international center for the development of applications for naquadah power generation, too.
            Thanks for correcting my completely idiotic mistake. Of course it is!

Comment

Thanks for correcting my completely idiotic mistake. Of course it is!
              Hey, hardly that! I claim no expertise on AD's World - I just like to tease him about his Naquadah-Powered Toaster Oven, Waffle Iron, Blender, Gale Force 5 Leaf Blower, Refridgerator (converts easily to an Ancient-style dormata with the shelves and racks removed), Roombah (never needs emptying - the dirt goes directly into the black hole that creates the little vacuum cleaner's powerful suction to start with ), etc., that his Sam Clones have made for him. It seems to be a lively household.

In fact I seem to remember some discussion that there might be a third Sam Clone either at, or headed for, AD's house??? But, of course, he's been much too, reticent, busy, or gentlemanly to confirm or deny the rumor...

Comment

Hey, hardly that! I claim no expertise on AD's World - I just like to tease him about his Naquadah-Powered Toaster Oven, Waffle Iron, Blender, Gale Force 5 Leaf Blower, Refridgerator (converts easily to an Ancient-style dormata with the shelves and racks removed), Roombah (never needs emptying - the dirt goes directly into the black hole that creates the little vacuum cleaner's powerful suction to start with ), etc., that his Sam Clones have made for him. It seems to be a lively household.

In fact I seem to remember some discussion that there might be a third Sam Clone either at, or headed for, AD's house??? But, of course, he's been much too, reticent, busy, or gentlemanly to confirm or deny the rumor...
                No, no, no ! Not a third Sam clone but a Vala clone. AD has claimed her as part of his world. Of course, in AD's world, it's Vala without any archeologist toy in tow.
                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Yes, that's right. Somehow my Sam clone mysteriously got way laid. We still think it got to AD's house. THough that's quite a detour from the Uk.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    No, no, no ! Not a third Sam clone but a Vala clone. AD has claimed her as part of his world. Of course, in AD's world, it's Vala without any archeologist toy in tow.
                    Of course! Silly me! ::shakes head:: That'd be a 'D'uh' and a 'Mea Culpa' here.

I just hope all AD's nifty naquadah gizmos don't disappear to finance some shady back-alley deals before somebody - the Janet Clone - can lay down the law to the Vala Clone and convince her who's in charge - which would also be the Janet Clone!

Comment

Sam: Gee it's nice to have some one I can talk to.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yes, that's right. Somehow my Sam clone mysteriously got way laid. We still think it got to AD's house. THough that's quite a detour from the Uk.
                        Eek!

Given the number of people across various universes who apparently want Sam Carter for various reasons, I don't envy the employee at the transport company who has to track down that wayward shipment! Though, somehow, I wouldn't recommend calling in Detective Shanahan to help them out, either...

Comment

Yup... she said that

That's what I said to AD, Myrth and Oooober last night. I said you'd be happy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                            Maybe they have different rules . But I agree that seems like evidence against.

Spoiler:
                            I like Skydivers Teal'c idea .
                            Hey did anyone else get the impression that Janet was in charge of her team, or was that just me?

Also did anyone else notice Carter giving black (faking green) Mitchell orders on the Promie.. Did black Mitchell just assume that Green Mitchell took orders from Carter? Because there was nothing about science in that situation so Mitchell should have been the one deciding the strategic plan of attack and giving the oders in that situation if he was fully in charge, shouldn't he?

Just sayin.
                            Yes, I noticed this too. I think there actually is evidence of co-leading:
                            Spoiler:
                            It was very clear that our universe Carter ordered Mitchell, Teal'c and Daniel in one of the last scenes right after they escaped, and all three accepted her orders readily. And yes you're right--this was a strategic plan, not something to do with science. It seems that Carter was the mission leader on this one in terms of both science and strategy (at least when looking at this scene). Maybe JM isn't kidding---the writers are really looking at it as co-leading.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              I've been busy this weekend but skimming all the posts re: RE and, yes Dani, you seem to sum it up quite nicely: this was AT at the top of her game! How wonderful and refreshing to see that again! She was in such fine form: delivery of lines, gestures, nailing all the multiple Sams with just the right touch at the right moment, and, for once, she didn't have to overplay the angst or play backup ... classic Sam Carter! Bring it on! Hope there's more in the writer's bag from where this came from.

I, too, thought the editing wasn't the best. I don't know where you guys found the "deleted scenes" (haven't found them myself) but I can't believe that the initial moment of Sam seeing Janet again was left on the cutting-room floor or never even written/shot! And the continual ambiguous use of Sam's shippy choices (was it Jack?! was it Pete?!) also was a letdown. The writers should be willing and brave enough to just write the logical conclusion that many are expecting without this protracted teasing.

The cast interaction was mostly good and fun to watch as many of you have already written. Teal'c extending the "come back" to Janet at the very end was moving and hopeful. Making Martouf a part of Janet's AU SG team seemed to leave room for him to return also. The "almost kiss" still puzzles me ... and seemed extraneous. More unneeded ambiguity. Sam addressing her regret at having to kill him - yes, that would have been powerful. They addressed Janet's death. This could have been a two-parter ...

I'm happy because I saw a Sam who was both relaxed and self-confident, using her skills well, enjoying the camaraderie of her team and ready to deliver when needed! See Sammy run!!

Great post, ChopinGal! I saw Sam this way too---relaxed and self-confident. It is actually noticable to me in this episode when I compare Sam in the previous episodes. More classic Sam here as you say, using her skills, being funny at times, and looking relaxed with her teammates. Let's hope for much much more of the same as we continue in season 9.

Comment

I don't think that we need to bow down to the writers just because they might see our posts and we shouldn't say anything bad about their "babies". I've seen throughout this whole thread "this was the best ep. this season" but that's not saying much. I've seen the beginning of this season. I'm not saying this this ep. was bad mind you, I'm just disappointed that after all of this time, after 7 1/2 seasons of great episodes (not a big fan of some of S8) this is the best they can do. Watching past episodes for me is really disheartening now after seeing what they've done to the fans S9. And I'm not just talking about them completely getting rid of S/J. I'm talking about the lack of really thrilling storylines. I'm talking about the lack of closeness in the new SG-1- even between Teal'c, Sam, and Daniel.They're not THEM. It's like a whole new writing team has taken over since Jack left. They're missing something. And I don't care if Joseph Mallozzi will see this and I have to edit it because God forbid he should see something negative about his baby.
                                Yes, 14 Sam's was awesome, I'm not arguing with that. But to have ONE good episode out of 17 when we've received, season after season, of awesome episodes- that's what I'm arguing. That's what I'm upset about. I care too much about this show to sit back and wade through crummy episodes till I get to that one "good" one.
                                And I know I'm a newbie, and I probably don't have the right yet to speak my mind this brazenly, but I had to sit around while The Lost World- my favorite show- was screwed over by TPTB and I can't do it for SG-1. They've been on too many seasons and have had too many extraordinary episodes for me to just sit back and not complain about their lack of- je ne sais qua.
                                That's it. I'm done ranting. If I've offended anyone- so be it.

Comment

Working...
                                X