Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golfbooy, I'm with you on
    Spoiler:
    begrudging Martouf all the time that could have gone to Janet & Sam. I could see Sam talking about how she's been trying to deal with Cassie & always thinking "what would Janet do?" Janet could reassure her that she's doing fine. Janet should have asked Sam too to stop the plan to close the AU conduit. She should know if anyone could give a case for it , it would be Sam. Imagine the scene they could have had if Sam was resistant & Janet had to try to persuade her. Could have been a great scene for 2 talented actresses. Much better than bogus Martouf ship.
    As much as the episode was the best so far, IMHO, it still had many wasted opportunities.
    Bink--I also choose to believe that
    Spoiler:
    Sam and Janet had talked before the hug. How could they not have?

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
      Perhaps they will reference back to this scene as
      Spoiler:
      a "reawakening" so-to-speak of Jolinar's memories and feelings so that they can creat a relationship between Carter and vala at that level in S10.
      If they do this I say Bravo - if they do not I say grow up from the childish, immature, fanboys who have to push the sexual innuendo and the shippy behaviour crap.
      What gets me is
      Spoiler:
      I'm afraid they are going to take every aspect of Sam having been a host, her ability to sense the Goa'uld, her ability to use their weapons and healing device, her battles with the memories; and give them to Vala, leaving Sam in the back ground scratching her head saying "Hey wait a minute I've been able to do those things for years, why haven't I used it more?"

One thing I find odd is, when the Tok'ra free a host, don't they take the Goa'uld out of the host, therefore taking away their ability to use the Goa'uld item? Just something to think about.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Just chiming in to say I thought RE was great... funny and silly in some parts, but overall a great ep.

Spoiler:
        With the whole Martouf deal, I saw that as closure too. Even the kiss... sounds like I'm the only one it made sense to... but to me it was a chance to take the step not taken and close the book on it. I also think that moment was quite possibly the first time Carter has ever wanted to play football with an Asgaard's head... lol.

Also... surely Carter must know never to trust herself with the computers unless her agenda is the same... I mean really... hehe. Although I did enjoy the fact that this is probably the first time AU Sam's have sat down and had a decent conversation.

I guess the bitter sweet thing for me though is how much better would the ep have been with RDA in the mix. Guess I just can't get past that giant hold he left. Jack walks into the room with 16 Carters completely unaware of what's going on.... the look on his face alone.. [drifting into the happy dream place]

But best Carter line ever.... "So you finally have someone who can keep up with you?"

"YEP!"

HEEE!!!

sigpic

Comment

When I watched Ripple Effect last night, it occurred to me that Sam appears much more relaxed in the SGC lately.
          Spoiler:
          The “Yup” line, the “I got nothing --- yet” line, the comeback to the Asgard when he(it) wanted to get the machine back,
          all seem to me to be lines that she wouldn’t have said before, at least not in the presence of the general. I’ve noticed it in a couple of episodes this season. In the past she was always very careful about showing respect to almost everyone, which IMO, was one of the reasons why her interactions with Rodney were so much fun at the time. It was one of the few times she got to be snarky at someone.

I’m not saying that she’s being disrespectful or unmilitary, but she just seems to be loosening up a little. Maybe it’s because she feels free to joke with Cam since he’s not her superior officer, or maybe she’s seen that Jack and now Cam get away with being smart a**es during briefings, so she should be able to as well.

Whatever the reason, I like it. As we’ve all said here before, it’s great to see Amanda show her comedic talents. Her timing in RE was wonderful. She waited just a beat before reacting to Cam’s line about
          Spoiler:
          the possibility that he’d made it to or first base with some girl in another reality.
          The physical comedy when she and Cam stood up at the end of a briefing and turned into each other instead of the opposite direction was just right too. Here’s hoping we’ll get to see more Sam humor in the rest of season 9 and in season 10.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            When I watched Ripple Effect last night, it occurred to me that Sam appears much more relaxed in the SGC lately.
            Spoiler:
            The “Yup” line, the “I got nothing --- yet” line, the comeback to the Asgard when he(it) wanted to get the machine back,
            all seem to me to be lines that she wouldn’t have said before, at least not in the presence of the general. I’ve noticed it in a couple of episodes this season. In the past she was always very careful about showing respect to almost everyone, which IMO, was one of the reasons why her interactions with Rodney were so much fun at the time. It was one of the few times she got to be snarky at someone.

I’m not saying that she’s being disrespectful or unmilitary, but she just seems to be loosening up a little. Maybe it’s because she feels free to joke with Cam since he’s not her superior officer, or maybe she’s seen that Jack and now Cam get away with being smart a**es during briefings, so she should be able to as well.

Whatever the reason, I like it. As we’ve all said here before, it’s great to see Amanda show her comedic talents. Her timing in RE was wonderful. She waited just a beat before reacting to Cam’s line about
            Spoiler:
            the possibility that he’d made it to or first base with some girl in another reality.
            The physical comedy when she and Cam stood up at the end of a briefing and turned into each other instead of the opposite direction was just right too. Here’s hoping we’ll get to see more Sam humor in the rest of season 9 and in season 10.

NC
            I have to agree with you about the comedy and how well AT pulled it off. It did seem to come naturally to her and I do hope to see more of it in the future. One of my favourite comedic moments from S8
            Spoiler:
            was when Sam and Daniel were standing at the end of the ramp finding out about Ryac's upcoming wedding being held on the base and wondering if Jack knew. It's not what they said, but the way they reacted to each other and looks on thier faces was priceless.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Well, so I watched the rerun last night and enjoyed it as much as the first time.
              I also watched RE a couple of times today (well maybe 2 or 3 times more ) and I paid close attention to AT's performance. She was hilarious, I loved it.

Spoiler:
              The 15 (or more?) Carter Scene is brilliant. If you pay real close attention, Amanda actually tried to give each Sam a slightly different personality, whether it was her looks, or the way she was walking or sitting down, or the way she talked. Of course, there was Geek!Sam, which I enjoyed as much as the rest of you. Then there was the one walking around, offering coffee. Her voice - OMG, I was ROFLMAO! It was simply hilarious.
              That must have been a ton of work to shoot and perform. But it was worth it. Kudos to everybody involved with this one.

I also liked how AT made "our" Sam and "black" AU Sam almost identical and yet still very different. The looks they exchanged (or AT exhanged with herself, LOL) on the ship when we found out about the true intentions of the black SG-1, brilliant. Or the first scene where "our" Sam talked with "black" Sam. It was too funny when they started finishing each other's thoughts/sentences.

I also enjoyed "our" Sam a lot this time.
              Spoiler:
              Like the "I got nothin' -- yet" at the very beginning. I loved how everybody turned around to Sam and the way she was squirming and the look on her face. Or my all-time favorite "YUP!" in response to Cam's question - priceless!!! She was just so happy, and self-confident, and herself(s).
              I also liked the scene when the Asgard was there the first time in the briefing room, the looks Sam and Mitchell exchanged were great fun. And Sam's responses and faces to the little annoying (and yet somehow funny) Asgard - I loved it.

I guess, what I liked the most about this ep was how much AT seemed to enjoy it herself. She seemed just so, I don't know, cheerful, which totally translated onto the screen. If nothing else, I thank JM for giving AT an opportunity to show off her comedic talents, and OMG, this woman is funny. She has perfect timing and it just seemed so natural! I really hope that AT gets to use her comedic talent more in upcoming episodes. Not that I don't like her serious and thoughtful performances like in Grace. But AT has so much talent, it'd be a shame not to use every bit of it.

Anyways, for those of you who haven't seen RE, I think you are in for a real treat, even considering some of the episode's shortcomings as pointed out by others, because it is just such a joy to watch AT perform.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Me too on all of that Dani....

Spoiler:
                And coffee Carter was defenitley an Alpha-Carter. Amanda did an absolutely brilliant job finding nuances for each Carter.... she's just so damn good at this. Which answers the question as to why it's always a multi-carter!verse.

Am I the only one who got the impression that when our Sam said no to the coffee, Alpha!Coffee!Sam had a, ok screw you then kinda attitude?.... Hee I love her!

Originally posted by Dani76
                Well, so I watched the rerun last night and enjoyed it as much as the first time.
                I also watched RE a couple of times today (well maybe 2 or 3 times more ) and I paid close attention to AT's performance. She was hilarious, I loved it.

Spoiler:
                The 15 (or more?) Carter Scene is brilliant. If you pay real close attention, Amanda actually tried to give each Sam a slightly different personality, whether it was her looks, or the way she was walking or sitting down, or the way she talked. Of course, there was Geek!Sam, which I enjoyed as much as the rest of you. Then there was the one walking around, offering coffee. Her voice - OMG, I was ROFLMAO! It was simply hilarious.
                That must have been a ton of work to shoot and perform. But it was worth it. Kudos to everybody involved with this one.

I also liked how AT made "our" Sam and "black" AU Sam almost identical and yet still very different. The looks they exchanged (or AT exhanged with herself, LOL) on the ship when we found out about the true intentions of the black SG-1, brilliant. Or the first scene where "our" Sam talked with "black" Sam. It was too funny when they started finishing each other's thoughts/sentences.

I also enjoyed "our" Sam a lot this time.
                Spoiler:
                Like the "I got nothin' -- yet" at the very beginning. I loved how everybody turned around to Sam and the way she was squirming and the look on her face. Or my all-time favorite "YUP!" in response to Cam's question - priceless!!! She was just so happy, and self-confident, and herself(s).
                I also liked the scene when the Asgard was there the first time in the briefing room, the looks Sam and Mitchell exchanged were great fun. And Sam's responses and faces to the little annoying (and yet somehow funny) Asgard - I loved it.

I guess, what I liked the most about this ep was how much AT seemed to enjoy it herself. She seemed just so, I don't know, cheerful, which totally translated onto the screen. If nothing else, I thank JM for giving AT an opportunity to show off her comedic talents, and OMG, this woman is funny. She has perfect timing and it just seemed so natural! I really hope that AT gets to use her comedic talent more in upcoming episodes. Not that I don't like her serious and thoughtful performances like in Grace. But AT has so much talent, it'd be a shame not to use every bit of it.

Anyways, for those of you who haven't seen RE, I think you are in for a real treat, even considering some of the episode's shortcomings as pointed out by others, because it is just such a joy to watch AT perform.
                sigpic

Comment

Ok I've now watched RE like five times now... maybe six but who's counting right? Although I still do have some serious issues with it, that doesn't mean that I do not like the episode. I really do think it's the best team episode we've seen this season.

A couple of scenes and quotes I've enjoyed...

Spoiler:

Totally loved seeing AU Sam chew gum and pop bubbles. She seemed so much more relaxed than our Sam.

Photo1

Mitchell: So you're saying somewhere in an alternate universe, I got to second base with Amy Pandenburger?
                  Photo2
                  Sam: Theoretically.
                  Photo3
                  Sam: Yy...Yeees.
                  Mitchell: Boggles the mind, don't it?

Daniel: Ok, say for an example we accept the possiblity that this is an alternate SG1 from a parrallel universe. How did they get here?
                  What happened to Daniel when he decended the last time? I think he bumped his head on the way down because he just hasn't been acting the same lately. This does not sound like Daniel.
                  Sam: I've got nuthin'.
                  Photo5
                  Sam: Yet!
                  Photo6

Sam: As we discussed the situation we realized we could pinpoint the source of the phenomena to precise window. Specifically the interim journey between the two gates.
                  Mitchell: Did you just say we?
                  Sam: Pardon me?
                  Daniel: She said we. You said we?
                  Sam: Ah... me and myself, I suppose. The ah the other Samantha Carter.
                  Mitchell: Right, finally someone who can keep up with ya, huh?
                  Sam: Yep
                  Photo4

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 21 January 2006, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                    Me too on all of that Dani....

Spoiler:
                    And coffee Carter was defenitley an Alpha-Carter. Amanda did an absolutely brilliant job finding nuances for each Carter.... she's just so damn good at this. Which answers the question as to why it's always a multi-carter!verse.

Am I the only one who got the impression that when our Sam said no to the coffee, Alpha!Coffee!Sam had a, ok screw you then kinda attitude?.... Hee I love her!

I am totally with you there, Myrth, OMG. It was just such a tiny part of the whole show, but I was laughing tears. Somehow,
                    Spoiler:
                    the appearance of an Alpha!Sam!, as you put it so perfectly, totally caught me by surprise.
                    I can't help it, but a lot of times when I rewatch a show, I try to imagine what must have been going on behind the scenes, like in Moebius for example, and when I saw this scene I just imagined AT coming up with Alpha!Carter! and I was literally ROFL.
                    And, yeah, I totally got that "well, screw you then" vibe from Alpha!Coffee!Sam!, too.

Really, I always thought AT was talented and I always heard and read how funny she is and that she's a real comedian, but last night totally blew me away in that respect. LOL

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

You know the actual funniest part about that Dani? It only took one word to portray that whole little story.

The genius of Amanda
                      sigpic

Comment

Or more correctly said... one word and five steps... lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                          I am totally with you there, Myrth, OMG. It was just such a tiny part of the whole show, but I was laughing tears. Somehow,
                          Spoiler:
                          the appearance of an Alpha!Sam!, as you put it so perfectly, totally caught me by surprise.
                          I can't help it, but a lot of times when I rewatch a show, I try to imagine what must have been going on behind the scenes, like in Moebius for example, and when I saw this scene I just imagined AT coming up with Alpha!Carter! and I was literally ROFL.
                          And, yeah, I totally got that "well, screw you then" vibe from Alpha!Coffee!Sam!, too.

Really, I always thought AT was talented and I always heard and read how funny she is and that she's a real comedian, but last night totally blew me away in that respect. LOL
                          I would just hope Amanda has a chance to read all the great reviews she's getting here Just to let her know that she did pull it off, all the nuances of the different Sam's. As I've said before Job well done Amanda
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

You know the actual funniest part about that Dani? It only took one word to portray that whole little story.

The genius of Amanda
                            Or more correctly said... one word and five steps... lol
                            "Yup!"

I am glad somebody else caught and enjoyed that part as much as I did. I would so love to hear AT's comments on this episode.

On Edit:
                            Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            I would just hope Amanda has a chance to read all the great reviews she's getting here Just to let her know that she did pull it off, all the nuances of the different Sam's. As I've said before Job well done Amanda
                            I wish there was a way to let her know, too, or at least her agent. But we can always tell her when we get to meet her at the respective cons that are coming up.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Argghhh? What's Samanda doing on page 2????

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                                Argghhh? What's Samanda doing on page 2????

Nice save, Simhavaktra.

Just sayin', probably our fellow Samandans are expressing themselves in the Ripple Effect thread, or Sam/Jack Ship thread.
                                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                                sigpic
                                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
                                X