Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani76
    OMG, this should have been a 2-parter, or 3-parter, or heck, a "the-whole-season" parter!!! I am crying and laughing at the same time.

Spoiler:
    There is not much to say about the story itself, other that they were looking for a solution to get the AU SG-1's back.
    But this episode was hilarious, it was funny, it had neat little twists.
    It should have been at least a 2-parter, because then we could have seen more of our "old friends" and maybe some other "old friends" or at least get some more hints, well you probably know what I am getting at. But I loved the new Asgard, too, funny (and annoying) little guy.
    But this was a GREAT Carter episode. She was funny, and she found the solution.

Amanda was simply B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T !!!!!!
    Yes I agree AT was great in this episode!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      I'd say it's mainly scientist Sam,
      Spoiler:
      but also there's some good Sam/Martouf moments and near kisses, but not nearly enough Sam and Janet scenes. And Sam is in full technobabble mode, which I happen to love. She's not just standing around in this one, she's actually working to solve the problem. (actually all 15 or so of the Sam's are working to solve the problem.)

NC
      Yes I thought that was funny!
      Spoiler:
      geek Sam eating blue jello and General Landry comes in looking for our Sam Carter and they all turn around. Could you imagine that many Carters trying to find solution. I liked Mitchell's comment when Sam said she was talking to her other self and Mitchell said something like ... so finally someone that can keep up with you.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        I loved some of the in jokes like
        Spoiler:
        in Janet and Martouf's reality, Sam is on maternity leave. They didn't say who the father was, of course. One of the alternate reality Sams was eating blue jello, and another one was dressed in the same type of fatigues and wearing glasses like geek Sam in Moebius. The new Asgard was funny, and I loved Amanda's reactions to his grumpiness. The humor from everyone in the episode felt right, not forced.

NC
        Yeah me too.
        Spoiler:
        I also loved geek sam, that was hilarious. All in all Amanda tried to give each of the 15 Carters (OMG!!!!) a different personality, believe me, I just studied the "15 Carter scene" very thoroughly. Like the one who offered the coffee. OMG, I was ROFLMAO.
        Too bad Amanda didn't have more scenes with Teryl, that would have been nice.
        But you are right, Amanda's reactions to everyone in this episode and some of the faces she made and the looks she gave, were just priceless.

One thing is for sure, this is the first time this season that I am looking forward to the re-run in a couple of hours.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
          Yeah me too.
          Spoiler:
          I also loved geek sam, that was hilarious. All in all Amanda tried to give each of the 15 Carters (OMG!!!!) a different personality, believe me, I just studied the "15 Carter scene" very thoroughly. Like the one who offered the coffee. OMG, I was ROFLMAO.
          Too bad Amanda didn't have more scenes with Teryl, that would have been nice.
          But you are right, Amanda's reactions to everyone in this episode and some of the faces she made and the looks she gave, were just priceless.

One thing is for sure, this is the first time this season that I am looking forward to the re-run in a couple of hours.
          I'm sure this took a long time to film. It was great!! I too am looking forward to the rerun in a couple of hours for the first time this season.

Also I like your sig Dani76!

Comment

Overall I enjoyed this episode. I thought Amanda and the guys were great. However, I do have a major rant here...

*rant on*

Spoiler:
            I'm quite perturbed that so much emphasize was put on Sam's relation with Martouf and who she was with in other AU's and so little was shown with Sam and Janet. Here I have been waiting for this episode all year to see Janet return and all we got was one little hug between Sam and Janet at the end. I know Sam cared for Martouf, but Janet was Sam's best friend. Why weren't we allowed to see their reunion? And why did they make a huge assumption in this episode that alot more was going on between our Sam and Martouf than we ever saw in previous episodes? It's much like with Orlin. Why are the writers making Sam's relationships so much a part of her onscreen time anymore? And was it just me or at the end of this episode didn't Sam seem more upset about Martouf leaving than Janet? Maybe I'm misreading all this, but ...arg... if I were standing in front of JM right now I'd kick him in the shins.

*end rant*

In my opinion, this could have been an absolutely fantastic episode, but those issues above drop my overall enjoyment of the episode.

Edit: My apologies for anyone who saw events about tonights episodes due to my typo. Unfortuantely my server isn't working well tonight and I've tried to enter my opinion three times and I keep losing my link. I didn't realize that this last time it had actually gone through with a typo until I reconnected. Again my apologizes.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 20 January 2006, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Overall I enjoyed this episode. I thought Amanda and the guys were great. However, I do have a major rant here...

*rant on*

Spoiler:
              I'm quite perturbed that so much emphasize was put on Sam's relation with Martouf and who she was with in other AU's and so little was shown with Sam and Janet. Here I have been waiting for this episode all year to see Janet return and all we got was one little hug between Sam and Janet at the end. I know Sam cared for Martouf, but Janet was Sam's best friend. Why weren't we allowed to see their reunion? And why did they make a huge assumption in this episode that alot more was going on between our Sam and Martouf than we ever saw in previous episodes? It's much like with Orlin. Why are the writers making Sam's relationships so much a part of her onscreen time anymore? And was it just me or at the end of this episode didn't Sam seem more upset about Martouf leaving than Janet? Maybe I'm misreading all this, but ...arg... if I were standing in front of JM right now I'd kick him in the shins.

*end rant*

In my opinion, this could have been an absolutely fantastic episode, but those issues above drop my overall enjoyment of the episode.
              Yes I agree
              Spoiler:
              Sam never had a relationship with Martouf. They were always friends. She said this on a number of occasions. I think TPTB are trying to stir people away from the Sam/JAck angle. it's irritating. I kept say no no no don't kiss him. I did like the little asgard when he stepped in there. TPTB haven't kept to the last 8 years of development this season so that doesn't really surprise me. If I was standing with you in front of JM I would kick him in his other shin.

Comment

ok having read joes notes on the episode on GW, i think its more to do with the directors influence than the writers.

Comment

Ok, guys. For cut scenes, including mentions of certain previous guest stars, there is a fabulous article on the GW homepage. I thouroughly recommend it. Any non S/J shippers may want to protect PDL from his immenant lynching, however.

Just a question.
                  Spoiler:
                  how did they get round the Entropic Cascade FAilure probelem?
                  I'm incredibly curious.

Lastly, my favourite Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream made me laugh. The tub said something I didn't expect it to. "Ripple Effect Ice Cream" then underneath it said Raspberry Flavour.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                    Yes I agree
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam never had a relationship with Martouf. They were always friends. She said this on a number of occasions. I think TPTB are trying to stir people away from the Sam/JAck angle. it's irritating. I kept say no no no don't kiss him. I did like the little asgard when he stepped in there. TPTB haven't kept to the last 8 years of development this season so that doesn't really surprise me. If I was standing with you in front of JM I would kick him in his other shin.
                    However, referring back....
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam always confessed she had feelings for Martouf. She just wasn't sure if they were hers or Jolinar's. She saw him, after not seeing him for ages, and all these feelings would have come flooding back. It was an immediate reaction
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Ok, guys. For cut scenes, including mentions of certain previous guest stars, there is a fabulous article on the GW homepage. I thouroughly recommend it. Any non S/J shippers may want to protect PDL from his immenant lynching, however.

Just a question.
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm incredibly curious.

Lastly, my favourite Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream made me laugh. The tub said something I didn't expect it to. "Ripple Effect Ice Cream" then underneath it said Raspberry Flavour.
                      Spoiler:
                      I kept expecting this to be how they discovered which team was the real one, but they never discussed it. The just forgot it existed just like the fact that the Prometheus could fly so close to the balck hole and not get sucked in. I remember an episode where only an Asgard ship was powerful enough to do that becuse the Prometheus couldn't. another instance where TPTB just ignored certain facts.

Comment

Just a question.
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm incredibly curious.

Spoiler:

They simply chose to ignore it from what I can see... that or we have to assume the entire episode took place in less than 48hrs.

Edit: Seems i missed part of the episode...
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 20 January 2006, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Spoiler:

They simply chose to ignore it from what I can see... that or we have to assume the entire episode took place in less than 48hrs.
                          Spoiler:
                          They didn't ignore it. I recall the phrase being mentioned, but I was busy with something else.

Comment

ForeverSG1 - I LOVE your new sig! Just had to share since I can't green ya.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Just a question.
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm incredibly curious.

Quoting from Dr. Lee,
                              Spoiler:
                              " I'm thinking that the proximity of these realities in relation to each other may account for the absence of the entropic cascade failure."

NC

Comment

However, referring back....
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam always confessed she had feelings for Martouf. She just wasn't sure if they were hers or Jolinar's. She saw him, after not seeing him for ages, and all these feelings would have come flooding back. It was an immediate reaction
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam did say this in S2 when she first met him. SHe couldn't tell if they were her own feelings or jolinar's. I was thinking in Last Stand when Lantash (sp?) the symbiote said he loved her. Sam didn't respond by saying she loved him too. I was thinking this is where we discovered it was more a jolinar's memories she was responding too. that martouf was just a friend to sam. I could be wrong though. It has been a while since I have seen the episode and it could have been my own interpretation. I was hoping this episode Sam would deal with her having shot and killed him more then having any feeling for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X