No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Strix in that regard, and others. Banning the fan photographs isn't the point. This is a much smaller, more personal issue for each individual person who finds access to those photos. Do you forward the link to all your lists and forums, or do you hold off?
    I suppose it comes down to personal choice. I would not have posted the link, rather have given it to a couple of friends. But that's just me.

Anyway.... Tara.... guess where I live?? Yupp, Hampshire, Uk! (Southampton, actually).
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      lol, that is a way to put it.

kirking is, well it requires full participation on both parties.
      coll damaga and epiphany spoilers
      Spoiler:
      for example, both cam and shep got some kirking done last friday. they were shagging the natives. jack kirked laira, teal'c certainly kirked sho'nac...sam, well sam's only kirked pete on screen and jonas H by presumption
      Not sure if Sam has ever "kirked" actually. To me "kirking", while both parties have to be involved, tends to lend itself to relationships that have no potential or expectations beyond the short term. Since Sam was in both instances, in a relationship that led to engagement, then she's not really "kirking" at all. Is she?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
        Ok Strix i've removed the whole post and i do fully understand where you are coming from, i'm afraid that when i linked to the pics of Amanda, Olivia was the last person i expected to see and i was so suprised that, well i posted here without any thought of Amanda's wishes, anyway sorry.
        ((((Tara))))

Now if Jester would just check her darned email.... You'd think she had a life or something.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          I wouldn't expect you to, Sky. And as I said earlier, I have no authority in the matter whatsoever.

I'm just asking as a fellow fan... and I sincerely apologize if I'm out of line.

But I believe Amanda has visited this thread (just a hunch, nothing concrete at all, so don't ask why), and I think she'd think better of all of us (and the thread) if we voluntarily self moderated this. And that is not to say that I believe anyone has done anything wrong.

Now let me grovel a moment for potentially creating an issue where none may have existed...

grovel, grovel, grovel

grovel

grovel

I'm totally with you Strix on everything you have said.

I'm a fan of Amanda and Sam Carter. As such I too think we should respect her private life and follow what I am sure are her wishes to keep Olivia out of the limelight. Thanks to Parsifal for editing the post - and I think it is AD who could edit his????

We should be a place where Amanda can be confident we would respect her wishes on any matter regarding her private life

just my 2 cents

Comment

right I shall be absent for a while living it up on the outer hebrides - Lewis to be exact. You don't have to worry I'm taking Asst Security Guard 1speed to keep me out of trouble - well that's the theory!!

Happy posting and keep the Sam Carter end up on the thread!!

Comment

We're sort of locking the barn door after the horse has bolted, but I agree with the idea that *we,* her top respectful fans, don't want to perpetuate anything that would make her uncomfortable.
              For adults in the public eye like RDA and AT, it's a mixed bag--they want some privacy, but people wanting to take their pictures is a good thing. Imagine if no one was interested. There were tons of cameras there beside the person who posted pics. I'm sure there will be others in circulation.
              I have to say AT looks great "in real life." And RDA (sigh).

Comment

Since we know that AT, BB, and RDA were there, there's one thing I want
                to know about. What did they talk about? This season, next season, problems
                with storylines?

Maybe a palace coup?

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                  Not sure if Sam has ever "kirked" actually. To me "kirking", while both parties have to be involved, tends to lend itself to relationships that have no potential or expectations beyond the short term. Since Sam was in both instances, in a relationship that led to engagement, then she's not really "kirking" at all. Is she?
                  not when you defne it that way

to me, kirking is a consensual relationship that exists just to move along/complicate the plot. it's a 'one episode stand' if you will.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                    Since we know that AT, BB, and RDA were there, there's one thing I want to know about. What did they talk about? This season, next season, problems with storylines?

Maybe a palace coup?
                    Well, since they all weren't on a golf course, methinks none of the above!!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      Since we know that AT, BB, and RDA were there, there's one thing I want
                      to know about. What did they talk about? This season, next season, problems
                      with storylines?

Maybe a palace coup?
                      i thought it was flannigan that was there?
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                        Edited upon request.

thank you for EDITING..

Rant ON!! I didn't give anyone permission to HOT-Link my Photobucket..
                        You have NO Right to do that!!
                        No Respect for Amanda or Olivia..

/Rant off!!
                        Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                        sigpic
                        Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s

thank you for EDITING..

/Rant off!!
                          Thanks for locking it up, OneillTwo"LL"s.

My LJ

Comment

ok, i agree that no-one has the right to post pics of amanda's daughter without her permission, and even though i know a lot of you guys agree i'm thinkin' i'm the only one who hasn't seen the pics, BUT...

does anyone have pics of amanda at the banff event (without her daughter)? cos i haven't seen any. (if we find out that she doesn't mind the pics of her with the baby being shown to her fans here, then i might ask to check out those, but i just wanna find out and see more about the sg guys at this event)

sounds like RDA is still on pretty good terms with the SG guys, so much for some of the rumours going around.

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s

thank you for EDITING..

/Rant off!!
                              Hi, this was the one thing that really upset me. Not so much Amanda and Olivia (sorry guys, but that's cos we DON'T know Amanda's views) but because I KNEW that you'd specifically asked noone to hotlink. Good on you for clearing it up.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Oh, maybe it's time for Amanda to get her own show! After all SciFi seems to use her to get ratings for other shows. It should just be a show on another network. Have you seen the Original SciFi movies? Talk about lousy. I think everything that network does is aimed at the teenage boy audience. To say most of the movies have been mindless is putting it lightly. It only does good with shows it gets from other networks that have already been cancelled. Don't forget Stargate was originally on Showtime.

I know it's terrible but if the writing continues to go down hill, I am afraid the ratings will to. I guess I will have to be happy with all the old reruns that are always on somewhere.
                                Check out the results just posted for last week's Collateral Damage and also SA's Epiphany.

Comment

Working...
                                X