Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Fly-by post! Got home late, and can't stay on line, but I had some info I wanted to share....
    .. and she did, and we did! And the whole issue of personal space and privacy drew forth some very good and prudent remarks.

In a nutshell, AT and RDA were seen about the slopes of Banff and participating in some type of celebrity winter games. Olivia happened to be caught on camera. Out of respect to AT, most of us have removed any of the links we were quoting. It seems that RDA himself told reporters not to photograph the baby and they respected his wishes. In meantime, it looks like RDA and AT had "teamed up" together for an event! Aha ... if they could only do that once again on Stargate!!!

And I'm still LOL 'cause my daughter and her hubby and little ones just had their picture taken in the Banff Gondola ride where this all took place! So near and yet so far away! Missed AT by a week or two. At least they got to meet at GABIT.
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 19 January 2006, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      well, rda tries to keep wylie out of the lime light....then when he's on the wayne brady show she gets scared adn comes up on stage to get to daddy

i would think that, well this was a public event and she had to know that folks would be taking photos so if she didn't want pics of olivia taken, she wouldn't have been there

to me, there's a difference from taking the child to a place where there is to be papparazi and, say playing in the front yard and getting photographed
      I'm not saying that the pictures are wrong, or linking to the pictures is wrong. But think about it. If she has gone out of her way to keep pictures of Olivia out of the public, how would she react to seeing us link to them in a very public place? We're supposed to be her respectful fans, and respectfully, while I don't think she'd freak out to know we were linking to these pics, I still don't think it would be her choice that we do so.

As a member of the Royal Security Guard, I'd ask that we remove the link to these pics from this thread.

As Strix, I know I sound like a stuffy party-pooper, and I know I have no authority on the matter whatsoever.

My LJ

Comment

Oh my gawd, she's so ADORABLE! Just the cutest little cherub cheeks!

::: TICK :::

LOL,
        mini(never thought I'd hear THAT clock start up. )geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by AT&me
          Awww yeah great pic's!!!! she's adorable.

And so is your sig, AT&me. Welcome to Samanda!

Just sayin', and whoo-hoo, your first post is with us!
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            I'm not saying that the pictures are wrong, or linking to the pictures is wrong. But think about it. If she has gone out of her way to keep pictures of Olivia out of the public, how would she react to seeing us link to them in a very public place? We're supposed to be her respectful fans, and respectfully, while I don't think she'd freak out to know we were linking to these pics, I still don't think it would be her choice that we do so.

As a member of the Royal Security Guard, I'd ask that we remove the link to these pics from this thread.

As Strix, I know I sound like a stuffy party-pooper, and I know I have no authority on the matter whatsoever.
            Funnily enough, Strix, as a fellow member of the Royal Security Guard, that was my first reaction too. Yes it was a public event, but then you get into the argument as to whether any pictures taken are intended for personal use only, and not for public dissemination, or whatever the official term is.

If the pics were posted on AT's official site, that would be different, as presumably she'd have OK'd their release.

JMHO. And of course, I'm also being a tad hypocritical here, as I have already been to look at them...

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
              Funnily enough, Strix, as a fellow member of the Royal Security Guard, that was my first reaction too. Yes it was a public event, but then you get into the argument as to whether any pictures taken are intended for personal use only, and not for public dissemination, or whatever the official term is.

If the pics were posted on AT's official site, that would be different, as presumably she'd have OK'd their release.

JMHO. And of course, I'm also being a tad hypocritical here, as I have already been to look at them...
              Me too, 1 speed.

I'm serious, though. All it takes is a few people to follow the links in this thread, saving the pics, posting them to their own websites, and BAM, suddenly pics of Olivia are all over the web. Plus, not everyone who visits this thread are fans of Amanda. Some of them are actively NOT friends of Amanda, as evidenced by posts on Joe's blog.

Maybe I'm blowing this way out of proportion, but I feel very strongly that this just isn't a good thing. Maybe it's not a bad thing, but it's not good, either. We're supposed to be Amanda's fans, but somehow I just don't think she'd appreciate this. Maybe she'd shrug it off as inevitable and no harm done... but shouldn't we be more considerate than that?

Tara, CG, parsifal, please go back and edit your posts to remove the link.

Now I'll shut up about it, and not bother you any more.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                Tara, CG, parsifal, please go back and edit your posts to remove the link.
                Done reluctantly, for all the good it will do.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                  Done reluctantly, for all the good it will do.
                  Thanks... I know it's probably stupid, but...

Thanks.

My LJ

Comment

I would say that it's a person's choice whether they keep the links or not. I respect the desire to protect amanda and I know that i personally won't be posting the pics far and wide (they're not mine to post anyway) however i'm also not going to mod any posts and take the links out.

Just like we wouldn't delete the threads discussing claudia's pregnancy unless the actress or her rep asked us to. (which they never did)

I'm well aware that amanda has chosen to keep olivia out of the spotlight, which is very much her right as a parent to do so, however I also know that the very nature of her job means that she will be in the limelight and, with all frankness, if she didn't want a pic of olivia to be out there, she would have left her daughter in the lodge.

It's up to each individual person to make their own choice. I think it's very nice that folks wish to honor their interpretation of at's wishes (we really don't know that she wants to keep olivia out of the press, we can just infer so since she's never released a picture of her) but i can also understand folks' curiosity and interest in seeing Olivia.

SO, the abridged version of this post is, folks can do whatever they want and we, as in the forum, won't do anything unless we hear from an official source that she doesn't want those pics linked here (we are also assuming that that child IS olivia. it may not be. just because AT was holding her doesnt' mean that it is her child)
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

For anyone who is interested... this is what the poster whose Photobucket album you all are linking to had to say about why she was *not* going to post the AT pix on GateWorld (she posted it in the RDA thunk thread about 12 hours ago):

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=59366

It seemed to me that she didn't want the pix posted out of respect to AT. She posted RDA's pix in thunk, but didn't come here or anywhere else to the best of my knowledge to post AT's. (I'm not sure if she realizes her PB album is wide open for everyone to look through or not.... that's more the issue at this point.)
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Hey, I know this is like only my second post on the site so I really dont want to get stuck in this little debate but...
                        I totally see where Skydiver is coming from and the fact that there is like no other pics on the net of Olivia kinda means she is right but...
                        Amanda knew that there was going to be loads of press there and she also had to know that her fan's and fans of the show, RDA and others would have brought their own camera's and would be snapping away at her and any family moments they could get.

Im not saying what or who is right or wrong {im totally staying on the fence with this one SORRY!} this is just my thoughts.
                        But I am glad I have finnally seen her, that lil voice you hear on the latest interview now has a very beautiful face.

Keep smilling all
                        #Schrodinger# ie Me, aka or was ~ AT&me

"Major Sam Fan"

SAM TOTALLY ROCKS!!!

Comment

Oh and thanks "Traveler Enroute1" for the nice welcome, i hope the name change wont confuse things, i just fancied a change.
                          Im also soooo happy my first post is in this thread.

Hail Samanda!!!!!
                          #Schrodinger# ie Me, aka or was ~ AT&me

"Major Sam Fan"

SAM TOTALLY ROCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                            For anyone who is interested... this is what the poster whose Photobucket album you all are linking to had to say about why she was *not* going to post the AT pix on GateWorld (she posted it in the RDA thunk thread about 12 hours ago):

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=59366
                            According to that post, RDA asked the press to hold the pictures and had the core surrounded while they were with Olivia; that means there's a huge chance Amanda does not want a lot of shots of Olivia up and available. The press will (generally) respect those sorts of wishes involving children, even at public events like this. I think it's a safe bet Amanda would prefer fewer shots ended up posted.

But Sky is right, since we really don't know for sure either way in this instance, there is no "right" or "wrong". It would just be a (personal) choice that each of us would deside whether or not to make on our own recognisance.

My personal choice is going to be not to assist in publication until we know more, no different than it would be for me if Amanda was a personal aquiantence and I wasn't certain how she felt on the matter.

minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              I would say that it's a person's choice whether they keep the links or not. I respect the desire to protect amanda and I know that i personally won't be posting the pics far and wide (they're not mine to post anyway) however i'm also not going to mod any posts and take the links out.
                              I wouldn't expect you to, Sky. And as I said earlier, I have no authority in the matter whatsoever.

I'm just asking as a fellow fan... and I sincerely apologize if I'm out of line.

But I believe Amanda has visited this thread (just a hunch, nothing concrete at all, so don't ask why), and I think she'd think better of all of us (and the thread) if we voluntarily self moderated this. And that is not to say that I believe anyone has done anything wrong.

Now let me grovel a moment for potentially creating an issue where none may have existed...

grovel, grovel, grovel

grovel

grovel

My LJ

Comment

Just putting my 2 cents in on the pics of Olivia. Olivia was all bundled up and at this age babies change a lot, that in a group of babies we wouldn't be able to pick out Olivia, so I don't think Amanda would have much to worry about
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X