Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    i chose to ignore the pimp part. the image of sam in platform shoes, a purple suit and hat with a feather in it just doesn't sit well with me.
    LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
      Just look at all of those names you just listed to debate. Now go through the eps. and grab the names we an debate for the other characters and you will notice that sam has alot more and alot more relationships. I have debated this with my friends and I was not on the Sam kirking side, I was on the Daniel side and we lost. However you want to look at Kirking she wins. And yes, all eps. count, in time, our time, passed time, alternate reality. It all counts because that is whats on the sceen. And yes the writers are the ones that did it.

I love that hole send a letter thing, I'm in!!!!
      sam has one disavantage over the boys....she's outnumbered 3:1. which means, whever there's a male guest star to develop a relationship with, its sam

if they had given janet a more active role, maybe she coulda gotten some of the boys too
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i don't think that sam is one to just jump into bed with someone.
        I agree. I think she takes it seriously.
        i would say she slept with hanson. in fact i would speculate that he may have asked her to marry him so that she would sleep with him. (i swear to god, i know someone who did this!, not to me though.) i would guess that she hasn't slept with all that many guys though. i'd say like maybe 2 or 3. she always seemed uncomfortable with inviting pete in to her house in chimera, like she wasn't ready to sleep with him, but she felt pressured into it almost. she didn't want to fail at her attempt at a normal relationship, and there's more to my opinion on this, but it kinda goes off into a shippy area so i'll leave it at that.
        I thought in Chimera it was sort of like she was uncertain of herself--what if he said no when she invited him in? Was she really ready to take that step with him? Definitely not casual.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
          How can you rest your case with Carter being such a big Pimp. I just counted four people that the writers hooked Sam up. And yes the alternate reality and in time thing counts to. Everything that we can see on TV counts. Sam gets down withsomeone more like once every two seasons with alot of admirers in between. The only way you can win the debate is counting how many times one of the other SG members got down.

SAMY the PIMP
          You've totally lost me. Who exactly did Sam get down with? Other than Pete? and what exactly are you referring to when you say get down? I'm assuming sexual intercourse?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            sam has one disavantage over the boys....she's outnumbered 3:1. which means, whever there's a male guest star to develop a relationship with, its sam

if they had given janet a more active role, maybe she coulda gotten some of the boys too
            That would have been fun. Who should have fallen for her? A wounded Jaffa? An alien diplomat?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              I do know. *grumble, grumble, grumble* But I still feel that she was too idealistic. I can't imagine Sam sleeping around for stress relief.

Maybe I'm looking at things too much from the angle of myself and my friends. I wouldn't sleep around for stress relief and most of my engaged friends haven't slept with their partners. And we're nowhere near as idealistic as Sam Carter.
              i think sam had 'you're a general's daughter, your behavior reflects on me' pretty much 'beat' into her as a kid.

females are held to a higher level of behavior than males, especially in the relationship aspect. she sleeps around, she's a slut. he does it, he's a stud

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                That would have been fun. Who should have fallen for her? A wounded Jaffa? An alien diplomat?
                Jacob!!
                Bra'tec!!
                Major Davis!!
                uh, Samuels
                Maybourn
                Oh wait, That News guy did fall for her...so 1 for Janet!!!
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

i chose to ignore the pimp part. the image of sam in platform shoes, a purple suit and hat with a feather in it just doesn't sit well with me.

Does this image help any Barbie
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/about/gallery/various/amanda30.jpg
                    Does anyone have the photographer/name of this shoot handy?

Comment

no. there's no feather in that hat. and the suit is only partially purple. and there aren't any platform shoes. and even if they were, they wouldn't make her a pimp unless there were goldfish in them. and maybe some glitter. and a ton of sequins!

hey, am i thinking of a pimp or disco stu?

(notice though, i'm once again obsessing on stereotypes)

(and also, i couldn't green ya, but thats a great pic. haven't seen it for a while)

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                        See, I just saw that as more of what S9 has been to me (thats too me, I understand others love it). It seemed like they threw that line in because they thought it was "cool" and "clever" not because it actually made any sense or was something that was in the characters, er character.

I feel that scene with Hammond could have been so much more, but I have been saying that about a lot of the shows scenes this year. Whether they involve Carter, Daniel, Mitchell and most especially Teal'c, Bra'tec, Hammond and Jack.
                        I gotta agree with you there. And a quick disclaimer up front, it is not my intention to spread any negativity or anything like that, I just gotta get it out of my system before Friday.

Contrary to how my previous posts might have sounded like, I have very, very mixed feelings about this season and I am not happy at all. I guess, I am just trying to stay positive and trying really, really hard to find good things in each episode.

There are just too many issues for me this season. First of all, RDA left, so a big part of the show is gone. I thought I would be able to handle it better since they reduced his role in the prior seasons, but it just isn't working for me. When I watch old episodes, I realize how much I really miss Jack. It is just not the same without him.

Next I had to "survive" the first 5 episodes without Sam, so that meant two of the main players were missing. I knew she would be back and I tried to get into the new storylines and what not, but alas, it didn't work me. I liked bits here and there, but the whole concept/picture just didn't do it for me.

When Sam came back, I was totally psyched and enjoyed the eps simply because she was there again. But looking back, I really am disappointed with the stories and scenes they came up with for Sam. IMHO, giving Amanda a chance to ease back into filming and adjusting her schedule (which I am grateful for they did, btw) is no excuse for what they did to her character. Even with less screen time, they could have come up with better stories and better use of Sam.

Finally, reinventing a show that has been successful for 8 years, is always tricky and hardly ever works. Trying to do this by introducing 4 new (main) characters all at the same time, is not a good idea at all. It is too much in too short a time. "Our stargate world" had been established and was obviously working for us. For me it was like coming home after a long trip and finding that everything has changed. Nothing seems familiar anymore, the guys you knew or thought you knew are different and have changed, there are new players who suddenly seem to "handle" everything, and you just don't fit in anymore. And on top of all that, everybody is acting as if it's been like that forever, nobody acknowledges the changes and missing players, as if I ended up in an evil AU version of my world. That's how I feel right now.

I also don't like the whole "band" theme. I might have been able to deal with it coming out of Mitchell once in the beginning. But I do not like that every character has to use it now and I especially didn't like it coming out of Hammond's mouth; it just didn't belong there. I liked seeing him with Sam and Daniel, I liked what I saw in their eyes for a few moments (and it gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling for a second) but there could have been so much more...
                        I also cringed at the "What's with the backup singer" that was given to Sam. Considering what had happened and how I think Sam must have felt being back, I just can't see Sam saying it. It's just not her, IMHO. I know they are trying to connect the old and the new, but it's just making it worse for me.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. I will keep watching because it's the only way for me to see Amanda's current/new work, and I just can't get enough of it.
                        I guess, Friday's ep will decide a lot for me. The ep sounds to have lots of potential for the show itself and hopefully, for Sam, too. And there are more eps coming up that sound promising, so I will be there, looking REALLY hard for the good stuff!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Thank god we have Vala next season... now the writers can make Vala the new male guest star interest and Sam can go back to saving the universe.

Comment

i think sam had 'you're a general's daughter, your behavior reflects on me' pretty much 'beat' into her as a kid.

females are held to a higher level of behavior than males, especially in the relationship aspect. she sleeps around, she's a slut. he does it, he's a stud

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Thank god we have Vala next season... now the writers can make Vala the new male guest star interest and Sam can go back to saving the universe.
                              snark hat one:

cool, that'll be one good thing about valagate. and it'll fit right in with her character

sigpic

Comment

Okay I've seen it a few times, but I still have no idea what "green ya" means
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X