Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qasim
    Trivia:
    # Is the only "Stargate SG-1" regular who did not meet and/or work with Richard Dean Anderson before the series began.
    # Two of the television series in which she appeared, 'The X-Files' and 'Stargate SG-1,' had episodes entitled 'Avatar.'
    Gee...those are kinda tough...but I'll try...

I'm gonna say for the first one...Amanda Tapping
    For the second...my gut tells me...Amanda Tapping.

*wonders if she got them right.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      I think I have to agree here. For me, Kirking is Character of the Week romances, however far they tend to go, so yeah, for me Sam has kirked quite a bit. But I think, to the credit of the writers (for once), they turned this into one of Sam's many facets, that she had men and they died, not allowing her to pursue the relationship. They managed to turn the farce into something credible for Sam, that they acknowledged in Chimera.
      see, the whole 'all my boyfriends die' is a big joke to me. if just a guy being an admirer of yours makes him your boyfriend, i've got quite a lot of x-boyfriends adding up!

jonas hanson - x-boyfriend/fiance. that was a *real* relationship sam had with a man.

narim - fancied sam. she fancied him back to sorts. their kiss was influenced by his 'feelings' machine that sam had tried. but did they enter into a romantic relationship? nope.

martouf - the whole jolinar/lantesh thing confused any real feelings between them. they never kissed and never made overtures into having a romantic relationship.

orlin - he fancied sam and gave up his ascension to be with her. they shared a 'soul-to-soul' mind meldy thing, but that 'wasn't' a sexual relationship. they weren't 'involved'.

joe faxon - sam and joe were married in an alternate universe. okay, real romantic relationship. in our present universe, though, he fancied her and ended up stranded with the aschen before we ever knew if sam would have fancied him back this time. (that makes him 1/2 a boyfriend )

mckay - lusted after sam. she 'endured' him. no romantic relationship.

barrett - wanted sam. she didn't reciprocate. no romantic relationship.

corso (forsaken) - wanted sam. no reciprocation. no romantic relationship.

jarlath (space race) - lusted after sam. no reciprocation. no romantic relationship.

felger - crush on sam. not reciprocated. no romantic relationship.

fifth - crush on sam. not reciprocated. no romantic relationship.

pete - real boyfriend. had a romantic relationship with sam.

jack - co 'love ya baby'ing going on, but they did NOT have a romantic relationship together. though they're meant to be together and will eventually get married

k, so adding this up, just how many were 'real' boyfriends for sam? even with the sam/jack thing that's been going on since the beginning, he was never sam's boyfriend. until now, maybe

so, again, for the folks that are saying all of sam's boyfriends have died... *stares pointedly*

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        it's redemption. right before mckay's plan gets sam shocked

you know what i think would be good, what if we all, as in as many of us that want to, get together and all send in our own letters of support for AT in a few weeks.

each person can do whatever they want, letter, note, post card, jello

just take a few, send in your notes of support, and if we all get together and mail them roughly the 17th of feb or so, then they should arrive jsut when she does

we can welcome her back to the set with a 'flood' of good vibes

Sounds good, Skydiver! I'm in.

Comment

after all that, I stand corrected on Carter being the Kirk behind SG-1. All you have to do is have lots of people admire you through out the universe. Doesn't neccesarily mean you need to do it with them. And yes she has also had the most relationships to. So she wins all the way round.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The line "getting the band back together." really irks me

If they were really "getting the band back together" it would include Jack, or at least not Cam. And it sounds so phoney coming out of Gen. Hammonds mouth.
            i know. i'm surprised hammond didn't walk up to mitchell and hug and kiss him, for bringing the BAND back together.

i remember cringing when hammond said that (and thinking he 'wouldn't' use a word like that), but at the same time knowing that if he'd actually said 'sg1'... then we'd know how much it *wasn't* sg1 without jack being there. that's my guess at least.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
              after all that, I stand corrected on Carter being the Kirk behind SG-1. All you have to do is have lots of people admire you through out the universe. Doesn't neccesarily mean you need to do it with them. And yes she has also had the most relationships to. So she wins all the way round.
              i have to disagree. she's more like the spock of sg1. lots of admirers, but she doesn't encourage or return it in the same way. kirk would pretty much jump on any member of the opposite sex as long as they had a heartbeat. spock only had sex every 7 years.
              i rest the case.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                i have to disagree. she's more like the spock of sg1. lots of admirers, but she doesn't encourage or return it in the same way. kirk would pretty much jump on any member of the opposite sex as long as they had a heartbeat. spock only had sex every 7 years.
                i rest the case.
                come to think of it, i think teal'c is the kirk of sg1! all those alien ladies, the torn shirts, the lack of hair! it all makes sense now.

Comment

This isn't to knock this post at all... I had just wasted a few hours looking this stuff up and figured I'd post it on here.

Daniel
                  Sha’re – CoTG (Kiss/More)
                  Melosa – Broca Divide (Kiss)
                  Hathor – Hathor (Kiss/More)
                  Shyla – Need (Kiss)
                  Kira – Past & Present (Kiss)
                  Osiris/Sarah - Curse
                  Leda - Icon
                  Vala - PU(Kiss)

Jack
                  Sara - Cold Lazarus
                  Kynthia – Brief Candle (Kiss/More)
                  Dr. Carter – POV (Kiss)
                  Sam – WoO (Kiss)
                  Laira – 100 Days (Kiss/More)
                  Kerry – Threads (Kiss/More)

Teal’c
                  Drey’auc – Bloodlines (Kiss)
                  Ishta – Sacrifices (Kiss/More)
                  Krista – Affinity (Kiss/More)
                  Shau’nac – Crossroads (Kiss/More)

Sam
                  Hanson - First Commandment
                  Narim - Enigma(Kiss)
                  Orlin – Ascension (Glow)
                  Joe Faxon – 2001
                  Barrett - Smoke and Mirrors
                  McKay – Redemption II (Kiss on cheek)
                  Felger – Other Guys
                  Martouf/Lantash – Tokra
                  Fifth – Unnatural Selection
                  Corso - Forsaken
                  Pete - Affinity(Kiss/More)
                  Creepy Guy- Emancipation (Forced Kiss) Suggested.

Jonah
                  Ayiana – Frozen
                  Zenna – Cure
                  Nirrti – Metamorphosis
                  Reynard – Forsaken (Kiss)
                  Kianna – Fallout (Kiss)

Mitchell
                  Reya – Collateral Damage (Kiss)

Do you see a pattern here? The guys seem to do a lot more smoochin’ with the female guest star of the week than Sam does and yet Sam is the one who gets the reputation of kirk’ing. She’s only kissed three guys in nine years (and that’s if you consider that kiss on the cheek with McKay as a real kiss).

Granted if you really wanted to get technical, you could say that…

Sam and Jack kissed in Sam’s Hallucination.
                  AU Sam kissed AU Jack in Moebius II
                  Future Sam kissed Joe Faxom in 2010
                  Fantasy Sam kissed Felger in Other Guys
                  Spoiler:
                  Hallucination Sam kissed McKay in Grace under Pressure

…but I don’t think Sam should be held accountable for what happens inside someone’s head or in another reality.

I’ve had way too much time on my hands tonight. You’ll have to forgive me if I’ve
                  forgotten what some people would consider to be kirkin’ episodes.

But I suppose it's all about what you consider to be kirking. Maybe there will be a new coined phrase just for Sam. So in the future if female leads on a show is smothered by adoration from male guest stars that said person will now be considered to be Samin'.

Kat
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 18 January 2006, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i know. i'm surprised hammond didn't walk up to mitchell and hug and kiss him, for bringing the BAND back together.

i remember cringing when hammond said that (and thinking he 'wouldn't' use a word like that), but at the same time knowing that if he'd actually said 'sg1'... then we'd know how much it *wasn't* sg1 without jack being there. that's my guess at least.

sally
                    See, I just saw that as more of what S9 has been to me (thats too me, I understand others love it). It seemed like they threw that line in because they thought it was "cool" and "clever" not because it actually made any sense or was something that was in the characters, er character.

I feel that scene with Hammond could have been so much more, but I have been saying that about a lot of the shows scenes this year. Whether they involve Carter, Daniel, Mitchell and most especially Teal'c, Bra'tec, Hammond and Jack.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The line "getting the band back together." really irks me

If they were really "getting the band back together" it would include Jack, or at least not Cam. And it sounds so phoney coming out of Gen. Hammonds mouth.

I hated this line too. It sounds so unnatural coming from Hammond. How in the heck would he know this phrase of Mitchell's?

I thought they may have had Hammond say this to once again avoid the leadership issue. What he could have said is, congratulations on leading SG-1. You are leading three of the best ... But he didn't say this. He didn't really congratulate him on being the new leader---he congratulated Mitchell on getting the team back together. I'm grasping at straws, aren't I!

Comment

How can you rest your case with Carter being such a big Pimp. I just counted four people that the writers hooked Sam up. And yes the alternate reality and in time thing counts to. Everything that we can see on TV counts. Sam gets down withsomeone more like once every two seasons with alot of admirers in between. The only way you can win the debate is counting how many times one of the other SG members got down.

SAMY the PIMP
                        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Teal’c
                          Drey’auc – Bloodlines (Kiss)
                          Ishta – Sacrifices (Kiss)
                          Krista – Affinity (Kiss) I think a More needs to be added
                          Shau’nac – Crossroads (Kiss) ditto.

Carter has certainly had a lot of admirers but shes not exactly sneaking off with them or "giving into them". And you forgot the Warlord "kiss" from Emancipation and how everyone in that ep thought she was the best thing sense sliced bread.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I do know. *grumble, grumble, grumble* But I still feel that she was too idealistic. I can't imagine Sam sleeping around for stress relief.

Maybe I'm looking at things too much from the angle of myself and my friends. I wouldn't sleep around for stress relief and most of my engaged friends haven't slept with their partners. And we're nowhere near as idealistic as Sam Carter.
                            Hmm, I can't really see Sam as being the 'idealisitic virgin' at all really. Just because she's crappy with dating, and uncomfortable at romantic attention doesn't mean she's never had sex at all. IMO there would have been a 'guy' (or girl... ) for a breif time during high school (her first) and it would have been one of those 'rebelling' things. That's just the impression I get of Sam's childhood and where her need for speed, adrenaline junky and 'attracted to the lunatic fringe' came from after the death of her mother and the breakdown of her family life.

Comment

I do know. *grumble, grumble, grumble* But I still feel that she was too idealistic. I can't imagine Sam sleeping around for stress relief.

Maybe I'm looking at things too much from the angle of myself and my friends. I wouldn't sleep around for stress relief and most of my engaged friends haven't slept with their partners. And we're nowhere near as idealistic as Sam Carter.
                              Hey Tracy I could always be wrong.
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

How can you rest your case with Carter being such a big Pimp. I just counted four people that the writers hooked Sam up. And yes the alternate reality and in time thing counts to. Everything that we can see on TV counts. Sam gets down withsomeone more like once every two seasons with alot of admirers in between. The only way you can win the debate is counting how many times one of the other SG members got down.

SAMY the PIMP
                                She did not "get down" if i'm interpretting this correctly. she had several male admirers. the only one she ever had sex with during the course of the show was pete. and as for the rest my case part, that was mostly in jest.

joe was in a timeline that never happened. perhaps she had sex with jack, i won't go into my opinions on this here as i'm aware that there are several anti-shippers and no-romos in the group, but should you wish to assume that sam and jack have had sex, then this can hardly be considered kirking, nor can the pete thing.

unless my understanding of kirking is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X