No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again Qasim for all your help, here's the test run on my first (ah, second, no third) attempt. If it works will edit more
    Last edited by Mandysg1; 18 January 2006, 02:14 PM.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      Either I'm living in a bubble free of said scourge or I'm living in a yet to be discovered universe. I'm pleased to hear that the scourge didn't reach my doorstep !
      Sorry, the Daily Mail is the right wing British paper. It's a tabloid (horrible garbage for those incapable of reading real papers) and is supposedly "the voice of the nation". It's incredibly biggoted. We use it at my debating group to gather extremist views, but it's regarded as a bit of a joke.

As for you living in an unknown universe, we always thought you came from another planet. So planet, universe, hey who cares.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        Thanks again Qasim for all your help, here's the rest run on my first (ah, second, no third) attempt. If it works will edit more
        I like it if you need anymore help feel free to ask
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Oh - this I've got to hear!!!

So is it garaage or garrige

baath or bath

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at GABIT2!!
          It depends who I'm with, and how drunk I am. When drunk, excited or with people from the midlands/north, I revert back to my natural accent, so it's bath (there's no r in the word FCOL, it's not barth).

BUT, I just read the question to myself then, and went "barth or barth... I don't get it" because I'm in southern mode at the moment.

No matter how hard I try, though, my signature says RASPBERRY ripple effect, not RARSPBERRY ripple effect, so I obviously have some northerner ingrained.

It is a hilarious accent. I sound southern, then I'll just slip. I always get asked if I'm local, then I'll trip over a word, and people will go "Oi.... that was.... NORTHERN"

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            It depends who I'm with, and how drunk I am. When drunk, excited or with people from the midlands/north, I revert back to my natural accent, so it's bath (there's no r in the word FCOL, it's not barth).

BUT, I just read the question to myself then, and went "barth or barth... I don't get it" because I'm in southern mode at the moment.

No matter how hard I try, though, my signature says RASPBERRY ripple effect, not RARSPBERRY ripple effect, so I obviously have some northerner ingrained.

It is a hilarious accent. I sound southern, then I'll just slip. I always get asked if I'm local, then I'll trip over a word, and people will go "Oi.... that was.... NORTHERN"
            lol omg I do a similar thing, sometimes half way through a sentence I would just go into american mode (who knows why, never been there in my life)
            so then when i do it ppl look at me weird so i try to save myself by going into a childish kinda accent and it all just goes downhill from there

I went up north a few months back and tbh I found it hard to understand what ppl were saying, its quite different up there and there are lots of sheep, but thats a whole different story right there
            - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i agree. she acknowledges and, in some cases, uses thier interest. but none of them were gonna 'get to home base' with her

Hanson was a freak and Sam showed little interest to want to be with him again.

yeah. her past was her past. and likely as soon as she saw jonas she had to tell jack 'hey, we used to be engaged' but the emphasis was on USED TO. as in past

she did think she could get to him, but i think that was more because ofpast association, not any future endeavors

Narim expressed an interest in Sam, he even shared his feelings for her through a device. I think Sam liked Narim, he was intelligent and charming, but I don't believe she felt the same way about him as he did for her. The revelation of his feelings through the device seemed to throw her off-guard, as if she wasn't expecting it. I think she may have been overwhelmed by his emotions and simply chose to express her gratitude for being so forthcoming with her by kissing him good-bye, but I think it's obvious from their second encounter that she didn't share his feelings. Friendship yes, but I don't consider what they had as a romantic relationship.

same here. narim was a kindred soul. a soft spot.

Martouf - I think Sam cared very deeply for Martouf, but she was so overwhelmed and confused by the feelings she shared with Jolinar that she wouldn't allow herself to get too involved with him.

Lantash - The same goes for Lantash. In the scene with Elliot in the caves, he tells her that Lantash loved her and you see Sam flinch. It's like she's thinking to herself, "Oh no not again". Never do we see Sam tell Lantash that she felt the same way. I don't doubt that Sam cares for these men, but it's not as if she is putting herself into a romantic or sexual relationship with any of them.

ditto again. by this point in time, sam has realized that she's got a whole mess of stuff from jols left over. and she's not gonna let jols' life run hers

Orlin: This is one of the only men that Sam has come into contact where I really felt as if she was beginning to care for him. I truly believe that if things had been different, Sam may have actually allowed herself to become emotionally involved with him. When Orlin tells Sam that she cares for him in the park, I really do believe she was beginning to like him, but I don't believe she felt the same way for him as he did for her. It may have just been the beginnings of a great friendship and possibly more, but it definitely wasn't love as Orlin expressed at the beginning of the episode. As far as Sam/Orlin actually having an intimate relationship, I do believe that what he did with her with the glowly thing was very intimate; however, I don't believe this involved sex as we know it. Intimate does not mean sexual. I can have an intimate dinner party for four, but that does not mean an orgy will conclude the evening. The scene with Lam, Landry and Sam still irritates me.

i see her relationship with orlin also coming from the distancing from the boys. jack, daniel, teal'c, heck even hammond told her she was nuts. they isolated her, made her feel abandoned and unwanted/untrusted. so she turned to whatever she had....which was orlin. and i'm sure it was also pretty flattering/cool to have a 'secret boyfriend', which she rationalized by telling herself that she was just gathering info

Fifth: I think Sam felt empathy for Fifth. He was unlike the other human replicators and they made him feel inferior because of that difference. I think when Sam looked into Fifth's eyes she saw something of herself in him. She may have recalled a childhood where she felt as if she didn't belong or where she was constantly being told how different she was. I think she saw the loneliness in Fifths eyes and wanted to help him and I think it hurt her deeply to betray him in the way that she did. But I do not feel that Sam ever loved Fifth.

no, she didn't. she felt sorry for him. and wanted to help him (remember sam, the healer of the emotionally wounded?) but that's it

Felger: I think Felger's interest in Sam is a mixture of admiration and idolation. I never got the feeling that he loved Sam. It was more like an awe. Sam is probably the type of woman Felger has always dreamed of finding. She's beautiful, kind, and extremely intelligent, but I also think he is utterly in awe of her just as he is with the other members of SG-1. He does not care for the real Sam, he cares for the woman he's conjured in his own mind.

McKay like Felger seems to be infatuated with Sam, and although he may be harmless, I seriously don't see Sam sharing his romantic interest.

Barrett was a nice enough guy, but I think Sam pretty much shot him down twice thus expressing her disinterest in exploring a relationship with him. Friendship yes, but nothing more.

all three of these boys fit into 'they have a crush on me, and i acknowledge it, but i will not encourage it

Corso: I don't believe he really had any true interest in Sam. I think he was just flirting with her, much the same way Reynard with Jonas, in hopes that a few sweet words would win Sam over and obviously Sam wasn't impressed or interested.

IMHO, she used corso. she used his interest in her to get info from him, just like he was doing to her

Pete, well we all have our own feelings about Pete. However, in my mind this is the only romantic/sexual relationship Sam has had with anyone in the past eight years.

Pete, imho, was the product of Grace and 'i'm gonna have a real life if it kills me!!!!!'

to prove a point to herself, she threw herself at him full force and pushed any insecurities aside.
              Just look at all of those names you just listed to debate. Now go through the eps. and grab the names we an debate for the other characters and you will notice that sam has alot more and alot more relationships. I have debated this with my friends and I was not on the Sam kirking side, I was on the Daniel side and we lost. However you want to look at Kirking she wins. And yes, all eps. count, in time, our time, passed time, alternate reality. It all counts because that is whats on the sceen. And yes the writers are the ones that did it.

I love that hole send a letter thing, I'm in!!!!
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                Respectfully gotta disagree with ya there hon. Jonas was not Jack (i.e. respectful of her wishes). And since Sam said all the interesting things in her life didn't start happening to her until she was 15, and, even more so given the type of man Jonas Hanson was... *shakes head* nope. Jonas was an all about me kind of man and that included certain physical needs...... IMOHO, of course. I'd love to agree with you, and there are many who do hold to their ideals and morals concerning physical intimacy, some for a very long time, but I don't see Sam's religious background or ideals stopping her from experimenting. (Now I do see her after her involvement in the SGC... ahhh.... perhaps not doing "it" so much herself because of time factors of the SGC and ship complications given her current career....)
                (((chocdoc))) Thanks for the feedback! I know many Samandans have some pretty high reading standards (and others don't like S/J ship), so it's nice to see how it came across.
                I'm inclined to think that Sam fell hard for Jonas b/c of his charm b/c she probably didn't date much in school being so focused on her studies. She probably didn't hold out for marriage, as they say. Then she had a rude awakening when he showed what kind of guy he really was. I think she probably went back to focusing a lot on work after that bad experience. Though most guys she meets are infatuated with her, (not kirking in my book) she seems both flattered and uncomfortable by the attention. I loved her modest comment when the Mongol kid in Emancipation says something about how she's the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. "Guess the kid doesn't get out much."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  I'm inclined to think that Sam fell hard for Jonas b/c of his charm b/c she probably didn't date much in school being so focused on her studies. She probably didn't hold out for marriage, as they say. Then she had a rude awakening when he showed what kind of guy he really was. I think she probably went back to focusing a lot on work after that bad experience. Though most guys she meets are infatuated with her, (not kirking in my book) she seems both flattered and uncomfortable by the attention. I loved her modest comment when the Mongol kid in Emancipation says something about how she's the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. "Guess the kid doesn't get out much."
                  I dunno. I just can't see early season Sam ever having sex with anyone. It's just me. She just seems too.... I dunno. It doesn't sit right with me. But then again, the thought of motorbike Sam and so doesn't jump into my head for little early season sam, either.

And that comment in Emancipation is one of my favourite lines. It's just so typically Sam, and I think that kinda, that kinda shows why I think the whole sex thing. She's not aware of her beauty, she doesn't feel that love or attention coming from places, she feels very awkward and geeky and I just can't see that Sam having ever slept with anyone.

But, it's not canon either way, so I guess it's our own perception. Perhaps I put Sam on too high a pedastal.

Comment

I dunno. I just can't see early season Sam ever having sex with anyone. It's just me. She just seems too.... I dunno. It doesn't sit right with me. But then again, the thought of motorbike Sam and so doesn't jump into my head for little early season sam, either.

And that comment in Emancipation is one of my favourite lines. It's just so typically Sam, and I think that kinda, that kinda shows why I think the whole sex thing. She's not aware of her beauty, she doesn't feel that love or attention coming from places, she feels very awkward and geeky and I just can't see that Sam having ever slept with anyone.

But, it's not canon either way, so I guess it's our own perception. Perhaps I put Sam on too high a pedastal.
                    I hate to burst your bubble Tracy, but Sam's history also includes the gulf war, and some how I think going through pilot training and being in the war Sam would need some "Stress Relief" Also you do know many catholics do have sex before marriage
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yes, we don't "know". If she hadn't been engaged to Jonas I'd be less likely to think she'd slept with him. Not that it matters really--how we got into *this* debate I don't know. Of course, it's hard to believe the Sam we know would have been engaged to Jonas before she saw through him. "He likes control" she said. Hard to see her putting up with that for long.

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                          Ah you guys got all this blue jello, just for me!
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Trivia:
                            # Is the only "Stargate SG-1" regular who did not meet and/or work with Richard Dean Anderson before the series began.
                            # Two of the television series in which she appeared, 'The X-Files' and 'Stargate SG-1,' had episodes entitled 'Avatar.'
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              I hate to burst your bubble Tracy, but Sam's history also includes the gulf war, and some how I think going through pilot training and being in the war Sam would need some "Stress Relief" Also you do know many catholics do have sex before marriage
                              I do know. *grumble, grumble, grumble* But I still feel that she was too idealistic. I can't imagine Sam sleeping around for stress relief.

Maybe I'm looking at things too much from the angle of myself and my friends. I wouldn't sleep around for stress relief and most of my engaged friends haven't slept with their partners. And we're nowhere near as idealistic as Sam Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                                How can a goofy, sweet face like that have people who would DARE to bash her? *snickers and walks away shaking her head at those frellin' back stabbing cowards
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X