Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Section Three: Exposition Girl: Work Vs Pleasure
    I submitted a question for the chat regarding this issue, how it doesn't make any sense to completely ignore Sam's personal development, how that negates the point of an entire story arc. Would have been interesting to hear an honest answer, but Amanda probably would have had to stay on message ("Threads has no long-term consequences! I don't know this 'Jack' character you keep mentioning! You're getting sleepy...").

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      great chat you and oober had, tracy jane.

i want to comment on one thing (the above quote). you say that they used sam as a vehicle for jack. i feel just the opposite. even though this was an even ship, basically, the focus *was* on sam in this. 'she's' the one that was going through a 'is this all there is to life?' crisis, and jack was a part of that equation. i've never, ever, EVER seen sam as 'jack's bit of fluff'.

sam/jack or sam/pete was never an inhibitor of sam's strength as a character (or strength of character) ignores end of chimera. she was still a kick-butt soldier and brilliant scientist. (just like amanda's still a kick-butt actress *while* being a loving mother and wife)

if anyone has ever thought that sam and her ships has ever made her weak... they're watching a different sam from me.

sally, sam fan who is PROUD to call sam a role model
      No, I think, unintentionally, TPTB did the opposite, and created this awesome and strong role model, but there were a lot of times I felt that it was all about Jack. Now he's gone, what to do with Carter, you know? That's the vibe TPTB are giving out.

They are giving out the vibe that Carter was Jack's bit of fluff and now he's gone they can't do much with her. It feels like they went through all that Carter stuff and now are going "yeah, well, umm, that was a waste of space, now he's gone."

I'm probably not making much sense (hey, when did I ever) but it kinda works in my head.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
        I submitted a question for the chat regarding this issue, how it doesn't make any sense to completely ignore Sam's personal development, how that negates the point of an entire story arc. Would have been interesting to hear an honest answer, but Amanda probably would have had to stay on message ("Threads has no long-term consequences! I don't know this 'Jack' character you keep mentioning! You're getting sleepy...").
        It's like Kenny Craig in Little Britain

FAN: But what about Jack?
        PTB: Look into my eyes, into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes. Look into my eyes. You're under. You do not remember a character called Jack. Whilst we're at it, Sam had sex with Orlin in Ascension. Three... Two... One.... You're back in the (chat) room.

Comment

spoilers for s7 and s8, so be careful

No, I think, unintentionally, TPTB did the opposite, and created this awesome and strong role model, but there were a lot of times I felt that it was all about Jack. Now he's gone, what to do with Carter, you know? That's the vibe TPTB are giving out.

They are giving out the vibe that Carter was Jack's bit of fluff and now he's gone they can't do much with her. It feels like they went through all that Carter stuff and now are going "yeah, well, umm, that was a waste of space, now he's gone."

I'm probably not making much sense (hey, when did I ever) but it kinda works in my head.

you're making sense, i just don't agree WITH THEM.

what has sam been all these years?

scientist
          soldier
          friend
          daughter
          lover
          protector
          aggressor
          instigator
          mediator
          dove
          hawk
          angel
          devil

her past storylines that could still be used:

x-host - can still do the jolinar thing. she can still use the hand device, the healing device. she can still sense the presence of goaulds.

replicarter - can still have replicarter a presence in not only the show but sam's life.

nirrti's dna changing machine - could show that sam 'acquired' some special changes, so to speak.

cassie - a wonderful relationship that now has total mothering qualities.

she still has a brother and nieces/nephews.

she still was taken over by an entity and 'moved' into a computer.

she still lost her mom and dad.

she still almost killed an entire race (and planet) *red sky*.

she was still kidnapped and drugged and experimented on. she was still almost murdered.

she still had her brains fried by fifth.

she still loves to go fast *space race*.

she still encountered the aliens from 'grace'

she still lost janet.

she still has feelings for jack and he still exists in the show.

and the biggest thing she still had (or used to have) - she *was* still commander of sg1! that alone would have offered FANTASTIC opportunities for character developement.

and they still say they don't know what to do with sam? hello!

(sorry for the long rant, but this 'what do we do with sam now?' is just rubbish. total. complete. rubbish.)

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

You know.... there are plotlines that deserve to be recycled and others that belong in the waste bin. I know which they're using at the moment.

Comment

She is also SG-1's Kirk. Yes I said it, She is always kirking. And f you don't thing so then just look at all of the people she has bean with. On this planet and others.

GO CARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                She is also SG-1's Kirk. Yes I said it, She is always kirking. And f you don't thing so then just look at all of the people she has bean with. On this planet and others.

GO CARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Wow...

Are you for real, or did someone just spike my iced tea?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Wow...

Are you for real, or did someone just spike my iced tea?
                  O'ya, me and my friends were talking about Shep always geting the ladies and then we were like who is the Capton Kirk on SG-1 and low and behol it was SAM. She has bean with more guys then the guys have bean with girls. That makes her the one always 'kirking'
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                    He's either a troll or just plain stupid. Either way, it's best to ignore him.
                    AH, I am a SAM lover. I have posted here before.

Comment

Well I've always thought that Sam/Shep would be the ultimate ship pairing...

Comment

O'ya, me and my friends were talking about Shep always geting the ladies and then we were like who is the Capton Kirk on SG-1 and low and behol it was SAM. She has bean with more guys then the guys have bean with girls. That makes her the one always 'kirking'
                        Actually Sam hasn't been with more guys at all. She has had 1 long term relationship on the show, she likes Jack... But she hasn't slept around at all.

It wasn't even until season 7 she had her first sex scene, whereas the boys managed it in first season. Sam has never 'kirked' it around.
                        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

well, sam does get around , but she hasn't actually 'been with' that many. most were just admirers that sam enjoyed the attentions of. she actually slept with, though, jonas hanson (off screen) and pete. joe faxon was a hubby from a timeline that never was to be. martouf, joe (right timeline), narim, and orlin were guys she 'didn't' sleep with. oh, and jack, who she wanted to but didn't. yet.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            well, sam does get around , but she hasn't actually 'been with' that many. most were just admirers that sam enjoyed the attentions of. she actually slept with, though, jonas hanson (off screen) and pete. joe faxon was a hubby from a timeline that never was to be. martouf, joe (right timeline), narim, and orlin were guys she 'didn't' sleep with. oh, and jack, who she wanted to but didn't. yet.

sally
                            Them are all of the people that That the writers set her up to be with. Not neccesarily sleep with. She had a relationship with that went behond friendship and that makes it kirking. As a show in general that is how it is.

I don't know about you people but I like it. And yes I am a SAM lover and in my mind her and Jacklive hapily ever after.

Comment

Dude... that's the funniest thing I've read in a while... well today...

LMAO!!

It's like Kenny Craig in Little Britain

FAN: But what about Jack?
                              PTB: Look into my eyes, into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes. Look into my eyes. You're under. You do not remember a character called Jack. Whilst we're at it, Sam had sex with Orlin in Ascension. Three... Two... One.... You're back in the (chat) room.
                              sigpic

Comment

Them are all of the people that That the writers set her up to be with. Not neccesarily sleep with. She had a relationship with that went behond friendship and that makes it kirking. As a show in general that is how it is.

I don't know about you people but I like it. And yes I am a SAM lover and in my mind her and Jacklive hapily ever after.
                                Actually she didn't have 'relations' the went beyond. Narim had a thing for her, she liked him - they kissed once. He died, the end.

Martouf and her; well they had no relationship - he certianly liked her, and she liked him. Nothing happened, she wasn't Jolinar and she didn't let anything happen. Plus, she was confused with him - often.

Joe: She got married to him, changed the timeline - he subsequently died (or was left behind) on an Aschen world. Nothing happened.

She was engaged to Jonas, but hell - Daniel, Jack and Teal'c were married.

She was engaged to Pete; she couldn't be with him - they broke up. This is the only relationship she had because Jack and her had a 'non' relationship...

Caring or liking someone doesn't mean 'something more' and definatly does not equal kirking around. Your logic is confused and does not resemble any logic I have seen.
                                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X