• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam (singing): "Oh no, not I, I will survive..."
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      I never expected that answer from her, but it was a very good and interesting one, I have to say. I love the way she kept doting on Olivia and bringing her into the conversation.

The chat had to be cut short though cos Olivia was fussing and needed changing. "Holly" (Amanda's pseudo or her publicist at least) told us that Olivia wanted attention.
      And you 've got to figure this took more than an hour out of AT's day even if the chat took less than an hour. I think it's great she's taking the time out for fans on her break. Good question AD.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        I'd laugh my (____) off if any of those whiny-ranters ever did meet Amanda in person and were put on the spot about their "comments". Because I don't believe for a moment even one of them would have the GUTS to stand behind it when put face to face with the person they're so willing to hide behind their anonymity and disparage. Due to that fact, I don't think those folks are even worthy of an eyeroll. People like that are so insecure and so ineffective (personally), they deserve our pity, not our hate. I feel too sorry for them to get angry sometimes. For the sad, pathetic state their lives must be in that they'd resort to personally attacking an actor they've never met (and would be far too terrified to meet) in reality. Meh.
        Amen to that!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          it did feel superficial. my question (about whether sam and orlin had sex in ascension) reflected on not only how sam might come off *again*, but if that the writers 'tweaked' one storyline to fit their agenda, what's next?

yes, i'm disappointed in not only my question not making it, but how fluffy the whole chat was. i mean, why bother?
          sally
          I got the same impression as I read it a few mimutes ago (thanks for posting the link).

I suspect that perhaps there may have been an agreement re: no questions on S9 because so many spoilers have been getting out in the past few seasons and some of TPTB have pretty ticked about it so the actors may now be under stricter agreements.

Also, as for S10 I was disappoionted to hear her say she still didn't know what would be happeneing - not even a bone - so either they still have not had the courtesy to speak with her about it or the same type of agreement that they may now have for S9 may be in place for S10. Disappointing that she won't be in all 20 especially since Mallozzi has confirmed that of the 11 or 12 eps already scripted and/or broken she is in all of them (I wonder how many of the last half she won't be in and I wonder if that spells any kind of trouble for S11 if there is one (which, truth be told . . . ).

Anyway, with all of the hoopla around Carter in S9 and S10 it was a disappointment but on the other hand, TPTB may want to use that to continue to string fans along to keep them interested (in a perverse sort of way) especially since they really don't have the J/S string along game anymore so it's just the Carter fans that will get strung along now so that's why no substantive info. She usually is much more forth coming in her interviews. I was actually surprised when someone said it lasted almost an hour - from the transcript it seems it could have been 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            no, you're not.

i'll watch amanda/sam wherever she goes, but i don't like the idea of sam missing some sg1 eps.

i think

sg1 might be unwatchable after vala invades our screens permanently.

*whimpers*

must go back to happy place...

sally
            The handwriting is on the wall for me - the first 5 of S9 were of no interest to me - I did try Avalon 1 but turned it off after 15 minutes because it was so horribly boring (and to be perfectly honest I do think the BBs acting is wooden and his charcater is bland and interests me not in the least. Any S10 SG1s w/o Carter will also find me off doing other things on Friday evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              And you 've got to figure this took more than an hour out of AT's day even if the chat took less than an hour. I think it's great she's taking the time out for fans on her break. Good question AD.
              Errr.... sorry? Did it sound like I was having a dig that the chat was short? If it did, that's not how it was intended at all. I actually meant that although it was short, it was for a very good reason. And I'm very grateful for the fact that Amanda gave up her precious time with Olivia to speak to us.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                The handwriting is on the wall for me - the first 5 of S9 were of no interest to me - I did try Avalon 1 but turned it off after 15 minutes because it was so horribly boring (and to be perfectly honest I do think the BBs acting is wooden and his charcater is bland and interests me not in the least. Any S10 SG1s w/o Carter will also find me off doing other things on Friday evenings.
                Oh, I know how you feel, that's why I decided if it gets that bad w/o Sam's character, I'm going to live in fanfiction land you're welcome to join me, I'm sure there's enough room for everyone
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                  Anybody remember the "Kleenex" campaign in support of S5 or S6 (can't remember which one) of Stargate, or the "Tabasco Sauce" campaign in support of Roswell? It got attention.

How about once production starts back up, we each send in a letter of support for Amanda along with a box of blue jello? Perhaps along with praising Amanda, we can also mention how much we'd like to see her get to direct again.
                  We did send blue jello last season, but it would be great to have some show of support. Who has another great idea?

Also, down the road, if we ever do the Samanda patches it would be great to send her one as a souvenir.

A Samandan for SG1 Sam

Comment

Carter: Sir, must we high five everytime one of us gets promoted?
                    O'Neill: Yes Carter, we must!

(or alternate caption, practically the same only relating to jack and flatulence, but I thought I should take the high road for once)

Comment

Errr.... sorry? Did it sound like I was having a dig that the chat was short? If it did, that's not how it was intended at all. I actually meant that although it was short, it was for a very good reason. And I'm very grateful for the fact that Amanda gave up her precious time with Olivia to speak to us.
                      No, not really. I just meant that even though these things can seem short to us, we don't see the behind the scenes stuff involved.

Comment

I'd go with the flatulance one every time.

Comment

I'd go with the flatulance one every time.
                          You and PDL.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            You and PDL.
                            I know. I used to find it all very cringeworthy. But then I heard the AT "who farted?" commentary and just fell around in heaps of undignified giggles.

Comment

well i personally find PDL's humour very...uh...humourous...

but i know that a lot of folks around here don't, so i decided against the flatulence one.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                well i personally find PDL's humour very...uh...humourous...

but i know that a lot of folks around here don't, so i decided against the flatulence one.
                                The promotion was very good, actually. I had to go with P3X 595 because I have an unnatural and unhealthy obsession.

Comment

Working...
                                X