No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!!! Glad to be here.
    Wow. I never knew there were people out there who didn't like Sam. (And then consequently, Samandans, which let me tell you is the cutest name for a group ever) I have also been locked up in my own SG-1 bubble for the past few years, complaining and rambling about the show to people who don't watch it. So why, do you ask, did it take so long for me to go out and find a place where I can ramble to people who DO know the show? Well, laziness, is always my #1 excuse, and I just found another board for TLW- my first fandom- and was shot at warp speed to this lil nook of cyberspace. You all really didn't need to hear all that. But I thought I'd let you know.
    So wow- non-fans of Samanda... Interesting- I also read this latest interview, and found her COMPLETELY captivating and adorable, and it really just seemed like she had no clue what was in store for Sam in S10, but would enjoy not being cut out of SG-1 completely what with Vala's return. That's all I got from it- people delving in, rearranging her words and probably her emphasis on them just so she comes out looking whiny, is sad. Why go to all that trouble? So you have a problem with kick-a$$, smart-as-a-whip women on a show and you have a disturbingly large crush on Siler- leave the woman alone!! She rocks it hard! Geez- I've never seen such animosity towards a character and a woman most people haven't even had the pleasure of meeting!

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by TLWROX
        Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!!! Glad to be here.
        Wow. I never knew there were people out there who didn't like Sam. (And then consequently, Samandans, which let me tell you is the cutest name for a group ever) I have also been locked up in my own SG-1 bubble for the past few years, complaining and rambling about the show to people who don't watch it. So why, do you ask, did it take so long for me to go out and find a place where I can ramble to people who DO know the show? Well, laziness, is always my #1 excuse, and I just found another board for TLW- my first fandom- and was shot at warp speed to this lil nook of cyberspace. You all really didn't need to hear all that. But I thought I'd let you know.
        So wow- non-fans of Samanda... Interesting- I also read this latest interview, and found her COMPLETELY captivating and adorable, and it really just seemed like she had no clue what was in store for Sam in S10, but would enjoy not being cut out of SG-1 completely what with Vala's return. That's all I got from it- people delving in, rearranging her words and probably her emphasis on them just so she comes out looking whiny, is sad. Why go to all that trouble? So you have a problem with kick-a$$, smart-as-a-whip women on a show and you have a disturbingly large crush on Siler- leave the woman alone!! She rocks it hard! Geez- I've never seen such animosity towards a character and a woman most people haven't even had the pleasure of meeting!
        Well said, and if I haven't said it before, Welcome to the gang.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
            well regardless of how much you read into their comments, its still not nice stuff to hear and its quite difficult to think logically about something when ppl are personally attacking you
            tho I reckon those people are just trying to stir the pot a bit, Im not convinced they mean the things they say tbh

im sure she meant them, although Im pretty sure we could be considered a group of weirdos as well...duct tape? trouts chicken and jello?
            I had a fab t-shirt made today. It says

holly the minion
            Wrap me up in duct tape and thwack me with a rubber trout

Thought it was random genius. My best friend thought so too. Though that could have been terrified politeness.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

love Torri

Comment

There you go again brain twin of mine.... Amen to that!

Originally posted by minigeek
                Oh I think that thing with Ooberness is awesome. She's made herself such a great name for being articulate and PRO-Sam, supportive of Amanda, that the bashers are intimidated by her now. That's very cool imho. Because it means they feel threatened by her; as well they should. She's not only more intelligent and articulate in her comments than they are, she's also far more credible. Yup. Oooberness is my hero. Totally!!
                sigpic

Comment

love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    That's one very positive way of looking at things. Oober isn't just any commenter.... she's *the* force to be reckoned with. Quite cool.
                    and that's why she's a target. three cheers for ooober to handle it so well
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow when I signed off yesterday we were discussing things like

Billy Joe
                      Bobby Joe
                      Jimmy Joe
                      Jim Bob

When I logged on today I couldn't believe all the negative things that were being said about Amanda herself. It's one thing to be against a character, but to aim your negativity at the actress is another thing.

I guess it goes to show you that there are still people out there who have a problem with women being Intelligent, beautiful,brave, caring and kind. And that's Amanda I'm describing.

So all those who pesonally bash Amanda, they must just be very jealous, because there couldn't be any other reason.

I just hope Amanda realizes how many fans are behind her cheering her on
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

To quote Sam: "See...now I'm blushing."

Thank you Tracy, minigeek and Skydiver for your gracious support.

So I'm a force to be reckoned with, eh? Well you know what they say, "mockery is the sincerest form of flattery." Wait...that's not quite right, is it?

/me ponders actual text of quote

I'm apparently also rumorworthy. Yes...someone asked me via MSN..."So is the rumor true?" And me being oblivious inquired what the heck they were talking about. "About your reading fics now...is it true?"

I chortled to myself.

I mean you read ONE fic (or sixty) and all the sudden you're a "fic reader." Okay...I'll live with that. But to be worthy of talk amongst others?

It reminded me of when I told someone that I had fallen in platonic love with Amanda and Agent Dark took it as a window of opportunity of sorts to tease me about it mercilessly *eyes Agent Dark eeeeeevily* . Thankfully, Myrth got what I was trying to communicate and made this über-cool banner for me:

I mean how can you not fall for this woman? That's what I don't get. Lovely on the outside as well as considerate, giving and gracious. For me that equals platonic-THUNK!

My point is it's a pleasure to stand up for Amanda against those who willfully choose to not like her for whatever sick reason. It's a pleasure because she's a delightful and genuinely sweet person and is worthy of being defended.

So if any of us become "known" for standing up for her in truth and integrity and are attacked for it, then we should wear those red badges of courage with honor and pride...myself included. I hope I never cross the line in my defense of her and say anything that would displease or dishonor her and what she stands for.

Because then that would make me one of them.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Carter: Yes Sir, I swear never to let Daniel fall in love with an alien woman ever again.
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Jack: "Carter, it's okay ... you're gonna be okay 'cause Ooober saved the day!"
                            Sam: "You mean I don't have to deal with those snarky remarks and rumors any longer?!"
                            Jack: "No, Ooober's been running interference for you all along. Of course, it's taken a toll ...."

Sam: "What a gal! If you weren't already my best friend ..."
                            Jack: "Well, er ... we could change our relationship a bit and give you some room to make friends with Ooober. I never was much into this platonic jazz ... how about a date?!"
                            Ooober (weakly): "Go for it, Sam. And then we can have "Best Friends" t-shirts made and stay up all night dishing about your date with Jack."
                            Sam: "What a gal!"

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              I'd laugh my (____) off if any of those whiny-ranters ever did meet Amanda in person and were put on the spot about their "comments". Because I don't believe for a moment even one of them would have the GUTS to stand behind it when put face to face with the person they're so willing to hide behind their anonymity and disparage. Due to that fact, I don't think those folks are even worthy of an eyeroll. People like that are so insecure and so ineffective (personally), they deserve our pity, not our hate. I feel too sorry for them to get angry sometimes. For the sad, pathetic state their lives must be in that they'd resort to personally attacking an actor they've never met (and would be far too terrified to meet) in reality. Meh.
                              Exacto! I agree completely.

A coward is a coward is a coward is a coward... If they can't even use their freakin' online screen name/alias when attacking her, then they certainly don't have the pelotas to do it in person.

People can be so weird sometimes. And that goes for the people who attack Ben Browder, Michael Shanks and Claudia Black. I'm sorry if any of those anonymous people are Samandans and this offends any of you, but the people who do the same thing so publicly to them in the manner some have are no better (or more loyal or sane) than the ones who do it to Amanda Tapping. Plain and simple. You can justify it all you want in your head, but it's the same thing, and I find it rather deplorable.

/soapbox

Hmm... I've never officially been on one of those before... Interesting...
                              Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 18 January 2006, 07:36 AM.

Comment

love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X