No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, speaking as someone who's met a couple of strong sam/amanda bashers in the past (and i have no idea if these are the same folks or not, probably not) i've seen them meet amanda in person

and they fall all over her, praising her, getting her auto, getting pictures....then go home get on their puters and bash the stuffins out of her once they're nice and safe and 'anonymous' behind a sig

all i can say is shame on them. not only are they meanies but they're cowards too, which pretty much - to me anyway - negates anything they have to say because if they had a credible arguement they would have the backbone to use thier names (or name. joe's blog is awash in sock puppets)
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As to the blog.....pfft. It's become pretty much the standard that the first few comments in the blog can do some good and are usually productive and polite. Joe seems to usually read at least the first rush of comments and, if prodded the right way, responds to them. In this latest blog he took the opportunity (when asked) to put it out there that Sam is intended to be in the first 11 episodes of season 10. And, judging from how the show has been written in the past, that's very likely all of the episodes that they have plotted so far. That is, I would imagine that the writers have planned out next year for both SG-1 and Atlantis through the midseason two-parters.

Regarding Amanda Tapping's comment about Sam in season 10 from yesterday's chat, it seems to me that she is responding to the question based on the contract she signed. That is, she's aware that it's a possibility that she'll be working on Atlantis for an undetermined length of time. Now, I'm fully willing to concede it's possible that the writers are already planning for Carter to visit Atlantis in the second half of season 10/season 3. They may already know exactly what they're going to do. But I don't really think that the writers are far enough along in preproduction to be certain about events and episodes that far away from being produced. This seems like one of those cases where for right now, Joe has told us more than Amanda Tapping herself knows. As Joe has repeatedly stated, I don't think that anything is written in stone yet. The whole massive crossover scheme garnered itself such a negative reaction from all types of fans that even I was surprised. I thought that someone would have at least thought that it was a great idea. But that wasn't the case, as far as I can see.

As for the chat itself, yes, it was light and fluffy. But let's face it, just about every single interview, chat, magazine article, or whatever that has come out for the past year or so has been exceptionally light and fluffy. It's simply the way that the show is being promoted right now. To be honest, the only reason that Amanda's interview with Gateworld and her comments from GABIT have garnered as much attention as they have is because she's actually given voice to some of the concerns that I'm sure everyone involved with the production is having. Adding a fifth cast member is an odd decision; it's one that alters the traditional formula of the show. And, given the seeming ardent desire that the producers expressed to return to that basic 4-person formula for season 9, it's a curious decision to immediately change it for season 10. Now, I don't really think that Bridge has that much to do with it, but that's a discussion for another thread. And I'm beginning to digress. I'll shut up now.
      Last edited by golfbooy; 17 January 2006, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
        Honestly, if one wants to show Amanda one's support, wait until 20 February, when Stargate production resumes, and send a letter of support and approbation to her care of Bridge. That'll have the effect of getting the desired words a lot more directly to her, and making a nice showing of fan mail for her where some of the PTB may well hear of it: electronic blog entries being far more ignorable than real paper.
        How about we all together do something again, showing her our support, telling her how glad we are that she came back for Season 10, and how much we appreciate her.
        She was so touched last time we did this when she came back during Season 9.
        Plus it would be organized, and the chances that she would actually get it right away are much bigger.

Just a thought! And I would volunteer for whatever needs to be done!

Any ideas, any thoughts???
        Last edited by Dani76; 17 January 2006, 11:04 AM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

what goolfboy said

and we gotta remember, at's 'i'm not in all the episodes' may mean that she's in 19 of the 20. Not all means just that NOT ALL.

joe very well may have a better idea than she does simply because he's in meetings with the folks writing those episodes, so he knows what's gonna happen. AT won't see the scripts for another few weeks or so. to the best of my knowledge, the actors get to see the 'finished' product, not every single draft

as to the basher(s), don't engage them. you're just giving them the attention they so desperately crave. if you want to do something, go post in the blog...expressing your personal opinions and feelings

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            well, speaking as someone who's met a couple of strong sam/amanda bashers in the past (and i have no idea if these are the same folks or not, probably not) i've seen them meet amanda in person

and they fall all over her, praising her, getting her auto, getting pictures....then go home get on their puters and bash the stuffins out of her once they're nice and safe and 'anonymous' behind a sig
            Ohh gawd, lol, if I met anyone like that IRL and I knew it was them, I'd sooo walk right up to them in the line while they were getting their autograph signed and say, hey, weren't you the idiot who posted that long rant-letter about how Amanda (insert idiotic remarks here)... all over the net? I'm not very shy when it comes to things like that. And just to see the look on their face! lol Talk about a Mastercard commercial. Priceless.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Don't lose any sleep worrying about the folks bashing AT on Joe's blog. Some very nasty things have been said about MS, CB, and BB, too; it's hardly been limited to Amanda. You know, these people probably don't even believe half the stuff they spew; they're just trying to rile people up. Even if that's not the case, their views are so extreme that it's very hard to take them seriously. (And when we do take them seriously, we give them power... We should not drag their negativity to our happy place, right?)

Yes, it's sad that such things are being written, but they reflect more poorly on the person writing them than on the person they are writing about. I think Joe takes the right approach by simply ignoring them. They don't deserve his attention.

We may be biased in Amanda's favor, but I think we also follow her public appearances closely enough to see that she's a truly gracious and caring human being. Her acting awards support our belief in her talent, and I would give my left arm to be as fat and old looking as she does at age 40. (Well, okay, I still get ID'ed when I purchase liquor at age 40, so the looking old thing probably doesn't apply, but I'd have to give up a lot of me to be as thin as she is...! ) You know, I'm sure she's not perfect, but I'm equally sure that she is a person worthy of my respect. And no anonymous post on Joe's blog is going to convince me otherwise...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                And no anonymous post on Joe's blog is going to convince me otherwise...
                Amen to that
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  Don't lose any sleep worrying about the folks bashing AT on Joe's blog. Some very nasty things have been said about MS, CB, and BB, too; it's hardly been limited to Amanda. You know, these people probably don't even believe half the stuff they spew; they're just trying to rile people up. Even if that's not the case, their views are so extreme that it's very hard to take them seriously. (And when we do take them seriously, we give them power... We should not drag their negativity to our happy place, right?)

Yes, it's sad that such things are being written, but they reflect more poorly on the person writing them than on the person they are writing about. I think Joe takes the right approach by simply ignoring them. They don't deserve his attention.

We may be biased in Amanda's favor, but I think we also follow her public appearances closely enough to see that she's a truly gracious and caring human being. Her acting awards support our belief in her talent, and I would give my left arm to be as fat and old looking as she does at age 40. (Well, okay, I still get ID'ed when I purchase liquor at age 40, so the looking old thing probably doesn't apply, but I'd have to give up a lot of me to be as thin as she is...! ) You know, I'm sure she's not perfect, but I'm equally sure that she is a person worthy of my respect. And no anonymous post on Joe's blog is going to convince me otherwise...
                  and what a fabulous post to be #26000 in this thread.

ya done good girl!!

sigpic

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Carter: Sir, I'm gonna have to make you swear.
                      O'Neill: I swear I'll never mention P3X 595 again

(That was Jack swearing, not me)
                      As for Joe's blog, what really gets me is the fact that people have taken to personally insulting Samandans. Ooober has never been anything but gracious and polite to both Amanda and Joe, and she has never, despite her inward emotions, been abusive towards these other people in any way shape or form.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

Carter: Sir, I'm gonna have to make you swear.
                        O'Neill: I swear I'll never mention P3X 595 again

(That was Jack swearing, not me)
                        As for Joe's blog, what really gets me is the fact that people have taken to personally insulting Samandans. Ooober has never been anything but gracious and polite to both Amanda and Joe, and she has never, despite her inward emotions, been abusive towards these other people in any way shape or form.
                        Oh I think that thing with Ooberness is awesome. She's made herself such a great name for being articulate and PRO-Sam, supportive of Amanda, that the bashers are intimidated by her now. That's very cool imho. Because it means they feel threatened by her; as well they should. She's not only more intelligent and articulate in her comments than they are, she's also far more credible. Yup. Oooberness is my hero. Totally!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Oh I think that thing with Ooberness is awesome. She's made herself such a great name for being articulate and PRO-Sam, supportive of Amanda, that the bashers are intimidated by her now. That's very cool imho. Because it means they feel threatened by her; as well they should. She's not only more intelligent and articulate in her comments than they are, she's also far more credible. Yup. Oooberness is my hero. Totally!!
                          That's one very positive way of looking at things. Oober isn't just any commenter.... she's *the* force to be reckoned with. Quite cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                            How about we all together do something again, showing her our support, telling her how glad we are that she came back for Season 10, and how much we appreciate her.
                            I remember hearing how touched she was last time we did this when she came back during Season 9.
                            Plus it would be organized, and the chances that she would actually get it right away are much bigger.

Just a thought! And I would volunteer for whatever needs to be done!

Any ideas, any thoughts???
                            Anybody remember the "Kleenex" campaign in support of S5 or S6 (can't remember which one) of Stargate, or the "Tabasco Sauce" campaign in support of Roswell? It got attention.

How about once production starts back up, we each send in a letter of support for Amanda along with a box of blue jello? Perhaps along with praising Amanda, we can also mention how much we'd like to see her get to direct again.
                            sigpic

Comment

According to the transcript, production starts on Feb 20th or something. I suggest we all do it. Everyone send a box of blue jello. If you can't get blue in your country, send the nearest, and we'll do a blue jello campain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                According to the transcript, production starts on Feb 20th or something.
                                Yay! She goes back the day before my birthday.

On the blog front. Sometimes I go anonymous, sometimes I put a name. But I've never bashed anyone. I just roll my eyes over the rudeness and skip those comments. Those bashers should be so lucky to meet Amanda. This Sam/Amanda fan would adore meeting her.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X