Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack: "Carter, you told me there were no cameras in that section!!!"

*Base intercom*: "Colonel O'Neill report to General Hammonds office"
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      Anyone else?
      I waxed philosophically about Collateral Damage in the episode thread. What bugged me the most was that last scene with Landry. It's not that I begrudge him some decent scenes or development. But I can't help but bemoan the wasted opportunity at the end of this episode for a great scene between Cam and ANY other members of the team. After seeing Carter, Teal'c, and Daniel wasted for the entire episode, here was a chance for real gain to come from Collateral Damage. But instead they went with Landry, leaving Cam as removed from SG-1 as ever.

Comment

Qasim. Though I hate to admit it, that caption was genius.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Jack: So that's what Teal'c does when he says he has to Kel'noreem
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
            Just bumping Samanda back up tp the top
            Is anyone going to be in Amanda's "chat" tonight? i can't seem to get past the screen of tecno babble and i've done what it tells me on the screen to do!
            As this PC lark is still all new to me it's very likely me that's not understanding something lol!
            tonight? i live in southern california, pacific standard time. what time would the chat be for me?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
              Quick question: Is "I got nothin'" something Sam would say?

Just call me court pragmatic conspiracy theorist.
              Just a Sam who has been influenced by someone she cares for a lot! Remember: TPTB have told us they use mirroring techniques (similar movements) to imply closeness between characters. So, since Jack isn't there right now, this is their way of reminding us that Sam & Jack are still close!

Just sayin.'

Comment

Oh, honey, you missed it. It was earlier for you. About six and a half hours ago. Check my Live Journal for a transcript. In my sig.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  Jack has said it enough that I and everyone I work with use it on a regular basis. Theoretically Sam spends more time with him then the 1 hour a week we spend with him so yeah it could have rubbed off just like yasureyabetcha.
                  Ya think? Tee-hee!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    tonight? i live in southern california, pacific standard time. what time would the chat be for me?
                    Sorry to break the news, but it was this afternoon at 1pm EST
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                      I waxed philosophically about Collateral Damage in the episode thread. What bugged me the most was that last scene with Landry. It's not that I begrudge him some decent scenes or development. But I can't help but bemoan the wasted opportunity at the end of this episode for a great scene between Cam and ANY other members of the team. After seeing Carter, Teal'c, and Daniel wasted for the entire episode, here was a chance for real gain to come from Collateral Damage. But instead they went with Landry, leaving Cam as removed from SG-1 as ever.
                      Very good point, golfbooy, as I've come to expect from you.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                        The only thing that really upset me was that after reading in the Gateworld interview that Amanda actually visited the forum, I realised that AT probably sees these anti-carter titles, and it hurts to know that.
                        it hurts me too, because i don't think she knows the agendas and politics involved. so she prob just thinks some fans hate sam, when in truth there are a few layers of jealousy and 'my character's better than yours!' going on.

amanda, don't take any of it to heart.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Qasim. Though I hate to admit it, that caption was genius.
                          The reluctance to put away childish things may be a requirement of genius. ~Rebecca Pepper Sinkler
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            it hurts me too, because i don't think she knows the agendas and politics involved. so she prob just thinks some fans hate sam, when in truth there are a few layers of jealousy and 'my character's better than yours!' going on.

amanda, don't take any of it to heart.

sally
                            Well said, and I hope she visits this thread more and has a good time.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sam: It's called slash, and some people seem to think that you and Daniel are, um, fond of each other.
                              Jack: Turn it off, Carter, turn it off now!

NC with apologies to the Jack/Daniel shippers

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                But that is my point exactly. If there were trued freedom of speech, we would be able to have interesting and well thought out debates on both threads. Unfortunately a few narrow minded individuals would make this impossible (and I'm sure they exist on both sides of the divide, although I'd like to think they didn't). We'd be seen as squashing their rights by voicing our opinions and creating a defence.

It's such a shame it's all come to this.
                                And that's the problem. We have free speech, but some people will always abuse it.....or take it beyond the realm of good taste and reasonable discussion. That's why politics get so nasty too!

Comment

Working...
                                X