X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Here's the math equation just for you.

1/2 Italian +1/2 Polish=1 Canadian

(or 1 very confused person around the holidays)
    Oh my!!! I'm very confused!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Oh my!!! I'm very confused!
      You think you're confused
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Anyway getting back to Sam's a great character.

You do know Amanda's Canadian eh?
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yeah.... although I like to secretly think of her as English. She may have been exported, but she was made in Britain!

Comment

Flying Lessons

Little hands opened
            To catch the soaring airplane
            Only a model

Laughter filled the air
            Father and daughter running
            As she reached and caught

Her prize, the blue jet
            Made at the kitchen table
            Daddy’s gift to her

For a report card
            Of straight A’s, much improvement
            Over grades before

Little Sammy knew
            Her dad expected great things
            Setting the mark high

As high as planes fly
            Roaring forward blazing trails
            In the sky above

Child’s play on that day
            Turned to woman’s work later
            Never disappoint

Learning how to fly
            Excelling in her studies
            All the while waiting

For a father’s nod
            An ongoing approval
            Blue sky and beyond

Pushing boundaries
            Challenging mind and body
            Proud to be “perfect”

Astrophysics rules
            Leaving family behind
            Traveling through space

What price did she pay
            To be on top of her game
            Alone in the stars

Pedestals not good
            For neither dad nor daughter
            Trying to catch what?

Empty air above
            Heart, not head, is needed more
            Substance here below

Finally Death speaks
            Words come crashing to the ground
            “I have cancer, Sam”

Time stands still for both
            Memory calms gravity
            The need to be real

Medals, honors pale
            No need to be so perfect
            Just to be let in

Finding what was lost
            Little girl and father’s pride
            Running hand in hand

A clear cloudless day
            Filled with laughter and delight
            Flying model planes

What goes ‘round comes ‘round
            Falling to earth just to rise
            Death is caught in flight

A new day begins
            Father becomes a leader
            Daughter looks with pride

They work together
            Building ships, dissolving suns
            At home with their flaws

Time, once still, moves on
            Death has waited long enough
            Returning at last

Nothing more to do
            He taught his daughter so much
            She taught him as well

It took such long years
            To shed false expectations
            Welcome what they knew

The truth did not fail
            Imperfection was the key
            Loving, enduring

The last years were best
            A shared pride and tolerance
            Peaceful acceptance

He now says goodbye
            She hovers with a last kiss
            His spirit takes flight

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Gal/Adagio.jpg

Last edited by ChopinGal; 15 January 2006, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Sky ... squee!!! ... forgot all about YOU!! Well, if I come, there's a piano in the lounge and I'll accompany you if you'd like to sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow in honor of your native state!
              lol

thanks but i couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. i sing worse than i draw
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That was gorgeous, Chopin. So lovely.

Comment

Sky ... squee!!! ... forgot all about YOU!! Well, if I come, there's a piano in the lounge and I'll accompany you if you'd like to sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow in honor of your native state!
                  Actually, I was just discussing with various Samandans if I should bring my guitar to GABIT. Could make the foyer chats interesting. We could see if we could coax Amanda into playing, too!!! Doubt she would, but worth a try.

Comment

well, the anti sam thread is really titled for complaints aobut the character...which is what the thread is doing. i think if we change it, well we're giving them the attention they want

as to the plotting, hey e-mail me whenever you want.

i love plotting.

and there's no commitment required, don't liek an idea, don't use it. it's your story, not mine
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow it sounds like you guys have been to a few cons, are they as good as they sound?
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                        I just saw the anti-carter thrad. *cries*
                        Oh, it was such a good start to the day otherwise.
                        It rips my heart out to think of Amanda coming to Gateworld and seeing that title let alone the contents. I gave up reading after page one, as I couldn't stand it any more.
                        I totally understand Sky intervening to tell Sam fans to stay out of it, but I hope she can understand it's terribly hard to sit back and watch, so I can also understand where the Sam fans (AD's post especially) were coming from.
                        Blah. Now I'm all paranoid that I'm going to get pulled up for this post because I'm bashing posters in other threads or something like that.
                        But I just feel so totally deflated of all energy now. It's like a little part of me withers every time I hear a comment against Sam's character.
                        Don't worry too much about it - it really isn't so much and anti-thread it's more a thread to nitpick what they don't like about the character - some of it is actually quite amusing. I have been there and read it (and admit I posted about her behaviour during that wretched pete debacle and I blamed TPTB, where the blame belongs since the character is fictional and they make the decisions) but mostly it has been about the character being too perfect or too smart, etc. It degenerated at one point to being about how she looks to young to have done all the things she did, etc. There are a few things off-the-mark but nothing too bad or even mean (not like sony or OS or anything like that, in fact I first thought as you did but it really is kind of funny what they are complaining about, like she is a cry-baby, and people die yadda, yadda, so I jumped in and, sarcastically, said how she was a cry-baby in Meridien and then the person came back and said oh there are exceptions . . . what a joke).

I also said something to the effect that Carter fans can post in there (when some numbnut challenged me for being there) because, unlike fans of OTHER characters, Carter fans are willing to admit when their character is out of sync, or out of character or when tptb make stupid decisions for the character. It's not so bad over there. I think the originator was hoping to get something else going but it didn't work.

Tracy Jane's post sums up that thread with her use of the word quibble:

"I didn't realise there were enough people around to start an Anti-Carter thread! Sure, I have the odd quibble about the way her character has been dealt with in the past few years, but I wouldn't dare post over there.... I'd feel like such a traitor to Samanda."

Also, I hope no one thinks me a traitor - I have plenty of posts on this forum discussing my problems with how Carter has been written the past few seasons, especially 7 and 8. I think, in all honesty, that is what makes the Carter fans so great - they do not sit back and worship the character to the detriment of the character - when they see something they do not like or that they think is out of character and detrimental to the character they say so. They do not just accept anything the character does and love, love, love it. (AT evgen complains about it sometimes as well - a/la affinity and Gemini). Carter fans are mature enough to admit that the character makes mistakes, unlike other fans of other characters who are willing to watch their character bast**ized without complaint and wax themselves hypocritical in the process.

I guess, after reading the rest of the posts here, the title is harsh but while reading it I posted because the posts are not let's get rid of Carter - they are more like the "quibbles" Tracy Jane mentioned, just like mine - it is a complaint, it is a quibble with the character and what the dolts have done with her since S7 - it is not anti and I really have to say most of the posts are not "anti" in the pure sense of the word like the anti-vala thread is anti for them to get rid of her.
                        Last edited by binkpmmc; 15 January 2006, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          Wow it sounds like you guys have been to a few cons, are they as good as they sound?
                          I've never been to a con, no. I'm an innocent little virgin *adjusts halo*

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            Actually, I was just discussing with various Samandans if I should bring my guitar to GABIT. Could make the foyer chats interesting. We could see if we could coax Amanda into playing, too!!! Doubt she would, but worth a try.
                            A guitar sounds like a great idea! Hate to burst your bubble though ... AT is kept tightly under wraps throughout the weekend by the GABIT directors and her own security staff. I don't envision any singalongs in the lobby with Sam Carter, just her vocal fans!

Comment

A guitar sounds like a great idea! Hate to burst your bubble though ... AT is kept tightly under wraps throughout the weekend by the GABIT directors and her own security staff. I don't envision any singalongs in the lobby with Sam Carter, just her vocal fans!
                              I actually meant to produce it at a Question session... but it was a joke.

But I thought that singing in the foyer and generally being idiots would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                                I also said something to the effect that Carter fans can post in there (when some numbnut challenged me for being there) because, unlike fans of OTHER characters, Carter fans are willing to admit when their character is out of sync, or out of character or when tptb make stupid decisions for the character. It's not so bad over there. I think the originator was hoping to get something else going but it didn't work.
                                How true, it is a shame that TPTB have done so many out of character things to Sam. Even Amanda has told them that Sam would never do that, but like most people in charge they never listen to the people who actually know what's going on.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X