Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam
    Caption This:

O'Neill - Oh What?!! What sort of hellish language is that Carter?

Sam - It's Lancastrian Sir.

Oh this is my fave Sam Carter Hairstyle!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan

Michael: Oh no it's the numpties from Sci Fi

Amanda: Shh, just smile and nod - Chris is waiting for them in the gym!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Michael: Oh no it's the numpties from Sci Fi

Amanda: Shh, just smile and nod - Chris is waiting for them in the gym!!
        Cough ... er ... "numpties"?!!

Comment

Classic Coley, just classic. Crystal Skull!!!!

I just hope I don't slip into dialect myself when I get there.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

This one I get and am ROTFL!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              I think you should refer to his previous caption. Might work better in context

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

You will if you hang around 1speed and myself

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Idiots!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

ROTFLOL even more!! I was going to add "Crystal Skull" to the end of my last post too! Oh boy, I have to find a way to get to GABIT2 not only for Amanda but for you two and one Blackpudlian one-speeder running through the halls with your splendid (and oft undecipherable) dialects!

Comment

Idiots!!

Ha ha! Fluffyan dialect: "Yo, y'ouse did good!"

Comment

So if you come to GABIT CG, TJ makes 3 Lancastrians there. Can you cope?

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                          As bad as seeing an anti-Sam thread appear in GW remember there are other forums who are so anti I'm sure they would blame her for global warming.
                          There are those who'd even blame her for the entropy death of the universe - or its contraction to a new singularity and ensuing Big Bang - whichever comes first. And, if something completely different were to befall the universe, I'd bet that'd be Sam's doing too. IMO, trying to understand this illogic is generally detrimental to one's mental composure.

::channels McKay:: "Look, you can't have it both ways! Entropy death is the antithesis of a cyclical universe with repeated Big Bangs! One, or the other, but not both! Not both! Do you understand me! Oh, why do I bother - just go over there and plot the demise of all life as we know it, and who you're going to blame for it quietly, okay? Some of us have even more work to do when the universe is ending!!!" ::end McKay::

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Reet, well I'm fair tuckered so I'll be off, the pooch needs a Jimmy - Its a bit parky now outside though so I'll have to wrap up! Ta Ta For Now!!

Comment

Here are some quotations which speak to the subject at hand. Many of you have written so well and so wisely about the other thread ... I can only add these:

"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

"Toleration ... is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle." Helen Keller

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." Oscar Wilde

What you have all written shows that hic, comitas regit.

Comment

So if you come to GABIT CG, TJ makes 3 Lancastrians there. Can you cope?
                                I'm not a Lancastrian though, really! I'm a Midlander, I come from Nottingham. My Dad comes from Lancashire, so I grew up with a hint of his accent, but I mainly have a Nottinghamshire accent. My dialect is a mix of Nottinghamshire and Lancastrian though.

I now live in the south and have adopted a proper southern accent, much to the disgust of my family and friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X