Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
    Jack: I still don't believe Vanderjagt missed that field-goal...
    I'm afraid that caption was completely lost on me. Sorry.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Thats GREAT!!! But I think Jack would be rooting for da Bears.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I just saw the anti-carter thrad. *cries*
        Oh, it was such a good start to the day otherwise.
        It rips my heart out to think of Amanda coming to Gateworld and seeing that title let alone the contents. I gave up reading after page one, as I couldn't stand it any more.
        I totally understand Sky intervening to tell Sam fans to stay out of it, but I hope she can understand it's terribly hard to sit back and watch, so I can also understand where the Sam fans (AD's post especially) were coming from.
        Blah. Now I'm all paranoid that I'm going to get pulled up for this post because I'm bashing posters in other threads or something like that.
        But I just feel so totally deflated of all energy now. It's like a little part of me withers every time I hear a comment against Sam's character.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

LOL!

It will make Joe M happy, though.

My LJ

Comment

Wow! I didn't realise there were enough people around to start an Anti-Carter thread! Sure, I have the odd quibble about the way her character has been dealt with in the past few years, but I wouldn't dare post over there.... I'd feel like such a traitor to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Bah, its anti-ship Sam/Jack RST, with them not getting together. Anti S/J ship IMO!
              Ha, that's probably why you don't like S/J. You see the whole thing as just UST. UST is not the only thing S/J have going. If it were, I wouldn't like the pairing, either! In fact, I pretty much believe that RST is the *least* of S/J's worries. They can get the RST over with any time. It's what happens after that, that appeals to me as a S/J shipper.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                I just saw the anti-carter thrad. *cries*
                Oh, it was such a good start to the day otherwise.
                It rips my heart out to think of Amanda coming to Gateworld and seeing that title let alone the contents. I gave up reading after page one, as I couldn't stand it any more.
                I totally understand Sky intervening to tell Sam fans to stay out of it, but I hope she can understand it's terribly hard to sit back and watch, so I can also understand where the Sam fans (AD's post especially) were coming from.
                Blah. Now I'm all paranoid that I'm going to get pulled up for this post because I'm bashing posters in other threads or something like that.
                But I just feel so totally deflated of all energy now. It's like a little part of me withers every time I hear a comment against Sam's character.
                The only really positively thing I have to say about that thread, is Sky's behaviour. It's amazing that she's being so neutral about it, despite being one of the founding members of Samanda. It's lovely to see that she can be level headed.

Although I agree that our lovely Amanda must be crushed at seeing a title like that, I suppose, unfortunately, it's got to be expected in such a wide and diverse fan group as this. As long as they leave Amanda out of it, I'm sure I can live.

Although, on the other hand, I do feel that we should be allowed to defend and counteract points that are distinctly unfair. There have been Pro-Kirkers (looks at Qasim) who have wandered into STAKS to promote their viewpoint.

Comment

i agree. i personally dont' like it either. but sam, like vala, daniel, cam, jack, or any other character is fair game.

people are entitled to thier opinions.

and ad, i feel with you hon. however, think of it this way. if you really feel down when you see anti-sam comments, how do you think vala fans feel when they read some of our comments about her? or daniel fans, cam fans, etc, etc, etc.

there's not a character in existence that everyone likes.

and i would point one thing out to your notice...see how long the pro threads are versus the anti ones? (with the exception of the anti season threads, they're kinda taken off on their own)
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    Although, on the other hand, I do feel that we should be allowed to defend and counteract points that are distinctly unfair. There have been Pro-Kirkers (looks at Qasim) who have wandered into STAKS to promote their viewpoint.
                    it's all part of being on and off topic. staks was not set up as a total 'anti' thread. it's open to discussion. the anti sam thread isn't. jsut like this thread isn't. this thread is a pro-sam thread.

if there is a discussion thread to discuss the pros and cons of sam's character,t hen sure, if you want to head over there and debate you're welcome to. however, even if we don't like the topic, we need to respect folks' rights to express thier opinions

again, look at the thread. it was started months ago. died out then was recently resurrected. it's not an ongoing thing, just something someone likes to play with
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      it's all part of being on and off topic. staks was not set up as a total 'anti' thread. it's open to discussion. the anti sam thread isn't. jsut like this thread isn't. this thread is a pro-sam thread.

if there is a discussion thread to discuss the pros and cons of sam's character,t hen sure, if you want to head over there and debate you're welcome to. however, even if we don't like the topic, we need to respect folks' rights to express thier opinions

again, look at the thread. it was started months ago. died out then was recently resurrected. it's not an ongoing thing, just something someone likes to play with
                      Yeah. I suppose. I guess if they don't want discussion, then we have no business to go in there slamming them.

You're right as ever, oh brainy one!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i agree. i personally dont' like it either. but sam, like vala, daniel, cam, jack, or any other character is fair game.

people are entitled to thier opinions.

and ad, i feel with you hon. however, think of it this way. if you really feel down when you see anti-sam comments, how do you think vala fans feel when they read some of our comments about her? or daniel fans, cam fans, etc, etc, etc.

there's not a character in existence that everyone likes.

and i would point one thing out to your notice...see how long the pro threads are versus the anti ones? (with the exception of the anti season threads, they're kinda taken off on their own)
                        Now you all know how much I dislike Vala, however I would never dream of starting an anti Vala thread. I rather spend my time being pro Sam than anti Vala. I state my opinons when the topic crops up on this thread.

However it is a very good point Sky!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          I hear ya, sister! Do we have good writers looking for ideas, or good ideas looking for writers?
                          Well, we have a bad writer looking for ideas to continue her fic. *points to self*
                          I have been meaning to PM sky, as she said that she'd like to help me with the plot.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Now you all know how much I dislike Vala, however I would never dream of starting an anti Vala thread. I rather spend my time being pro Sam than anti Vala. I state my opinons when the topic crops up on this thread.

That's how I feel, in a way. I can't imagine ever feeling strongly enough to start up my own anti-character thread. I'll throw in a comment here and there, but I wouldn't start my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Coley - when you share your dislike of Vala, you keep it to Vala. You've not dragged Claudia into it. There's the difference between you and some of the other Vala dislikers, some of them can't seem to seperate the character from the actor. For that I thank you. Claudia, like Amanda, is doing what's written for her. Sadly in some cases, the writing is so poor that not even the most talented of actors can make is shine.

I honestly don't go near the anti- any character threads. I've had far too much anger and sadness in my life over the years to want to go near any kind of thread like that. Debating, in a mature fashion - without name calling or draging the actor into it, is a good healthy thing, even if some here don't like it.

I'm with Sky, as much as we Samandans would love to go defend her in those kinds of threads, it really doesn't make any sense...we are not going to change any anti-Sam persons mind. Their loss, imho.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

The thing is, I would really love some good, healthy debate here on Gateworld, which is why I set up STAKS as a discussion thread. Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of extremists, and a lot of anger here. It's a real shame that it happens like that.

I would love to defend some points just to promote discussion and debate, but I'm sure those members would feel that we were trying to stop freedom of expression etc if we tried to argue are points.

Comment

Working...
                                X