Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Out of inspiration on the straight smut, so may be straight to slash.

Hey Tracy Jane where can I find your fanfic, I'd like to check it out.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      Beautiful post ann_sgfan! I, too, am a shipper. Her single comment doesn't bother me either. Remember, when Agent Barrett asked if she was she said those two words. And I'm sticking with those words.
      You can dream all you want.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        "We don't know what to do with Sam Carter" ... completely believable after seeing these past two weeks of eppies. Handwriting on the wall?! I hope not, Dani. But your spoiler above and concerns about Sam's current "role" at SGC has me just as worried. Sure, we got some more revelations about Mitchell ... but there is still something not clicking for me. And homing in on the new characters may be sacrificing the integrity of the old!
        Spoiler:
        Yes, it was good to see the team be supportive of their new teammate but, once again, Sam is reduced to a glorified babysitter, taking care of "the little boys" in her life! She is so much more than that!

You know, I'm beginning to think that we could substitute any character in the line: "We don't know what to do with.....". The writers have not had an easy time knowing what to do with Mitchell (is he a one-liner kind of guy? Is he a religious kind of guy? Is he a hero? Is he supposed to be the sole leader, the co-leader?). Teal'c has only had one storyline in 12 episodes (nicely culminating in 4th Horseman Part II, but still--not real exciting--what should they do with Teal'c now that he will follow SG-1 around next season?). What should we do with Daniel? Well he can be Vala's caregiver and the one who reforms her?

So, now when I think about this line, and after seeing the writing this season, I really have to wonder---do they know what to do with any of the characters anymore?

And maybe most appropriate is, "We don't know what to do with the team." and "We don't know what to do with the stargate." no problem, no problem, not to worry, we'll figure it out.

Spoiler:
        I actually liked the episode ok last night because I was just relieved that the team cared about Mitchell, unlike in Babylon. I think BB did a good job with what he was given. I could easily harp on a number of mistakes Mitchell made on this off-world adventure, but I did care what happened to him. Sam was definitely a babysitter in this one too, but it bothered me less than 4th Horseman because I like Sam and Mitchell's friendship, and so it made sense that she would be there for him. I hope they explore a bit more of their background history together. So, now I'm hoping that Sam is featured more in upcoming episodes, and we get to see her science and military side kick in. I like her caring side, and now let's roll with some good ole fashioned technobabble and some kickbutt Carter!

Comment

Fic rec!

Buffalo, by Jennghis Kahn. It's a post Threads, Sam/Jack fic. However it's not a shippy fic Rated R for language.

Comment

yep, that's a good fic.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              If you want to check out a higher res pic of teh AT card (no offence Tsax! ) go here You can also click on the picture to see the other characters too
              None taken -
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Fic rec!

Buffalo, by Jennghis Kahn. It's a post Threads, Sam/Jack fic. However it's not a shippy fic Rated R for language.
                By not shippy do you mean a gen-fic or an anti-ship fic? Because I'm a real snob when it comes to post-THREADS fics. I will not read anything Sam/Jack set post THREADS that does not at least acknowledge that the two of them decided they needed to explore their unresolved romantic feelings for one another. To me, that is untarnishable canon.

mini(the shipper snob)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Wow. So, who directed Collateral Damage?

mini

Because I'm thinkin' it was a grade ten highschool student as part of some "video club" assignment (and that's me being generous about it).

Comment

Wow, I like that. That picture is way cool... It's like a 'mess with me, and I'll kick your arse seven ways to Netu'

And I also agree with the 'successful, intelligent single woman' part...
                    Funny, this is what popped into my head the moment I saw that picture...

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 January 2006, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Fic rec!

I liked this a lot, mainly because the story really expresses the way that I thought Sam would feel after Threads, but also because it takes place in my neck of the woods. In case you're wondering, they really do have a lot of buffalo in Custer State Park, and the Black Hills are beautiful, in my biased opinion.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        By not shippy do you mean a gen-fic or an anti-ship fic? Because I'm a real snob when it comes to post-THREADS fics. I will not read anything Sam/Jack set post THREADS that does not at least acknowledge that the two of them decided they needed to explore their unresolved romantic feelings for one another. To me, that is untarnishable canon.

mini(the shipper snob)geek
                        By 'not shippy', I mean anti Sam/Jack ship. However its definitely not AntiSam (like I would even read a fic like that...). So the shippers might not be all that thrilled about it (Uber wasnt )

However it is a wonderfully written fic, with great Sam Characterisation and I'd reccomend it as a Sam Fic alone, which happens to have the Sam/Jack issue in it

Comment

Ah. Thanks for the clarification, AD. I think I'll give this one a skip.

At this point (for me) the Sam/Jack issue (in the positive sense) has become what I feel to be an integeral part of Carter's evolving character (and O'Neill's as well) - their romantic feelings for eachother, as it were. So for me, a fic that debunks that evolution, even if it's positive to Carter overall, would still be OOC for Sam. Ergo, not my cup of tea.

But hey, each his own!

Cheers,
                          mini

Comment

Wow. So, who directed Collateral Damage?
                            mini
                            Because I'm thinkin' it was a grade ten highschool student as part of some "video club" assignment (and that's me being generous about it).
                            Wil Waring

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Wil Waring
                              Hm. That's interesting. He's done some great work previously. But CD ... the directing and the editing of this episode were terrible. I wonder what happened. Looked like a really rush job.

Comment

Hm. That's interesting. He's done some great work previously. But CD ... the directing and the editing of this episode were terrible. I wonder what happened. Looked like a really rush job.
                                Yeah I thought the same thing last night - either a rush job and/or one they were short on money for and having trouble meeting budget so they cut some corners.

Comment

Working...
                                X