No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to let everyone know - the TV Guide that's on newsstands right now (w/ Matthew Fox from LOST on the cover) have SG-1, Atlantis and BSG cards in them. They were not put in the subscribers TV Guides, so you must go out and buy them. And YES, there is a Sam Carter card, but you have to look through all the TV Guides to find the one you want. I got my Carter card!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
      Just wanted to let everyone know - the TV Guide that's on newsstands right now (w/ Matthew Fox from LOST on the cover) have SG-1, Atlantis and BSG cards in them. They were not put in the subscribers TV Guides, so you must go out and buy them. And YES, there is a Sam Carter card, but you have to look through all the TV Guides to find the one you want. I got my Carter card!
      Someone posted the Sam card. Not exactly one for the shippers. Shame I'm not in the US thought....
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

BEWARE NONSHIPPERS - THIS POST IS NOT FOR YOU.

I am a confessed shipper. Yep that's right I love the chemistry between Jack and Sam. I know not everyone sees it, and it may just be a product of my overactive imagination. That said I also love the two characters separate. So the fact that Sam is listed as single doesn't bother me one iota. Because unless I've missed something she is single. I actually liked what the card had to say. "She's soulful, compassionate, and happy being a successful, intelligent single woman." Word's to live by. So take heart shippers, just because she is single doesn't mean that Jack doesn't visit from Washington now and again. Heck that's why we have fanfic. Yes I would like a resolution to the story as well. I'm not expecting a wedding by no means a simple kiss from our Jack and Sam in this time line where they both remember it and I will be a happy shipper. What can I say I like subtlety.

I also like these new smilies.

Comment

WARNING (I seem to being doing that a lot today ): spoilers for Hero's I and II below. Also a major Rant that probabaly has already been discussed at links else where a number of times. So skipping over this post will not hurt my feelings.

This whole back-story has me puzzled. Okay so Hero's I & II was one of my favorite episodes. And now adding another scene to essential explain why we have a new "co-leader" for SG-1 is a bit like adding a new chapter to your favorite book and changing the entire plot and ending. You remember the episode where Jack risked his life yet again to save the planet. He nearly dies because of the download of ancient knowledge. Also remember Sam, Daniel and Teal'c fighting off super soldiers one after another while Jack used the Ancient device to destroy Anubis. Or what about Bra'tac he nearly dies as well trying to protect SG-1. He would have if Jack hadn't saved him.

Yes there were a number (looked like 20 or 30) pilots that showed up just in time to provide cover for SG-1. I'm not saying what Cam did wasn't heroic. I'm just saying there were a number of heroic acts that day. The biggest of which was SG-1 yet again saving the day. One heroic act doesn't measure up to eight years of heroic acts from our favorite team. So does one act justify him to take “lead” of an experienced team that destroyed two of the greatest enemies Earth had ever known while mitchell wasn't apart of it. Yes I'm talking about the Replicators and the Goa’uld. So it puzzle's me that a new co-leader was even needed and accepted without question. I'm looking for the back-story that explains why he is supposed to be the co-leader. Why SG-1 is so willing to accept him. Remember Daniel was passionate about Sam being the leader in Shades of Gray. Or Teal'c and Daniel's support and congratulations for Sam in Season 8 when she was the leader of SG-1. What happened that allowed these three characters Sam, Daniel and Teal'c to believe Cam is in any position to "lead" them into the field. One visit in the hospital doesn't justify it for me. That’s what I was hoping last night’s episode would explain to me. MAybe they will explain it it eventually. I mean we are half way through the season and I haven't seen anything yet. I'm hoping it's not one of those cases where they never explain anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

... I'd like to give my thanks to all those of you who wrote those really supportive and lovely comments. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by people like you, and it's just such testimony to Amanda's kindness, generousity and general brilliance, that such lovely, caring and wonderful people come together here as her fans. I wasn't asking for sympathy in that post, I was just trying to explain why I admire and respect Amanda so much for her attitude to life and how she just pulls through every time.
            Hic Comitas Regit. Take courage and go gently.

Peace, CG

Comment

What episode is that black coat get up from? That's gorgeous and I don't remember it.
              It's from "Off the Grid", which hasn't aired yet.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                It's from "Off the Grid", which hasn't aired yet.
                Brilliant, thank you. That outfit is yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  "We don't know what to do with Sam Carter" ... completely believable after seeing these past two weeks of eppies. Handwriting on the wall?! I hope not, Dani. But your spoiler above and concerns about Sam's current "role" at SGC has me just as worried. Sure, we got some more revelations about Mitchell ... but there is still something not clicking for me. And homing in on the new characters may be sacrificing the integrity of the old!
                  Spoiler:
                  Yes, it was good to see the team be supportive of their new teammate but, once again, Sam is reduced to a glorified babysitter, taking care of "the little boys" in her life! She is so much more than that!
                  Yes. At the least I would have expected her to
                  Spoiler:
                  jump in and learn about the technology. She would have in the old days. sigh And I really expected Cam to talk to Sam, not just have her stand there looking concerned. Lucky AT can convey a lot with a look, or she'd really have had nothing to do.

Disregarding the Sam elements, the episode was ok, but not great. Daniel and Teal'c didn't get to do much either. At first I thought it was going to be a rehash of an old Voyager episode, but they did do a slightly different spin on it.

Comment

I've been reading Thomasina Gibson's season guides & it sounds like RCC & BW have always done a lot of rewrites of other writers' work. Sounds like they want to say the "old writers" weren't so great. But I still say a few more (new) writers might help with the idea pool at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Yes. At the least I would have expected her to
                      Spoiler:
                      jump in and learn about the technology. She would have in the old days. sigh And I really expected Cam to talk to Sam, not just have her stand there looking concerned. Lucky AT can convey a lot with a look, or she'd really have had nothing to do.

Disregarding the Sam elements, the episode was ok, but not great. Daniel and Teal'c didn't get to do much either. At first I thought it was going to be a rehash of an old Voyager episode, but they did do a slightly different spin on it.
                      THAT's where I remember the plot line from. I knew I'd seen the plot before... .was it Tom Paris in Voyager? And there was a little dog, which was how they worked it all out....because of who the dog was afraid of, or something.

Comment

Yes, it was Tom Paris. The dog sounds familiar too--it's been a while since 've seen the ep.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Yes, it was Tom Paris. The dog sounds familiar too--it's been a while since 've seen the ep.
                          I have been racking my brains for months thinking "they've done this before. I've seen this before" but couldn't work out where. I got to the point where I had decided I'd read it in a fan fic. I thought I was going nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                            BEWARE NONSHIPPERS - THIS POST IS NOT FOR YOU.

I am a confessed shipper. Yep that's right I love the chemistry between Jack and Sam. I know not everyone sees it, and it may just be a product of my overactive imagination. That said I also love the two characters separate. So the fact that Sam is listed as single doesn't bother me one iota. Because unless I've missed something she is single. I actually liked what the card had to say. "She's soulful, compassionate, and happy being a successful, intelligent single woman." Word's to live by. So take heart shippers, just because she is single doesn't mean that Jack doesn't visit from Washington now and again. Heck that's why we have fanfic. Yes I would like a resolution to the story as well. I'm not expecting a wedding by no means a simple kiss from our Jack and Sam in this time line where they both remember it and I will be a happy shipper. What can I say I like subtlety.

I also like these new smilies.

Beautiful post ann_sgfan! I, too, am a shipper. Her single comment doesn't bother me either. Remember, when Agent Barrett asked if she was she said those two words. And I'm sticking with those words.
                            sigpic

Comment

EEP!!! These new smilies are so COOL!

Eeps, it's been a while I've been ignoring the forums...*bad* Miz...ahem lol.

Alright shipper fans, on three (you KNOW you want to -prods- ): AWWWWWWWW.

Well, sounds like I wasn't missing anything last night as far as episodes go. I missed last night's epi and last week's epi. I'm just getting to that point where I don't get any pleasure out of them, so screw 'em. I'll hear all about it here anyway... I just feel like doing this sometimes: Folks, don't be surprised if I end up giving up on future Stargate SG-1 seasons..

You know, I especially love this guy:

I burst into such a giggle fit at this!!!!
                              - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                              Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

THAT's where I remember the plot line from. I knew I'd seen the plot before... .was it Tom Paris in Voyager? And there was a little dog, which was how they worked it all out....because of who the dog was afraid of, or something.
                                I don't remember the dog. But Tom could see some writings in his memories which weren't part of the usual process. They discovered that it was a secret message destined to I don't remember who either (hey, I said I don't have a lot of memory, but it has also been quite a few years ), that he was supposed to be taken prisoner somehow by the people to whom the message was adressed. Interesting story. I was curious to see what would be the difference between the Voyager's and SG-1's stories. Haven't seen it yet, but it should be soon.

It would have been fun if they had also partly copied the episode where Picard and the Doctor were implanted with a mind reading doohickey, but with Sam and Jack. Sorry, shipper side of me coming out
                                sigpic
                                There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                                If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                                If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                                If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X