No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I know things are a bit depressing right now with the new spoilers coming out for season 10, but maybe we can try to get back to discussing things that make Sam such a great character.

So I've made up a silly little game, we can call hmm....word train. The way it works, I'll post a word that I feel describes Sam and the next person to post has to add a new word to the list; however, the new word must begin with the ending letter of the previous word on the list.

So here we go...

Genius

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      So I've made up a silly little game, we can call hmm....word train. The way it works, I'll post a word that I feel describes Sam and the next person to post has to add a new word to the list; however, the new word must begin with the ending letter of the previous word on the list.

So here we go...

Genius
      Too easy Forever
      Genius

Sexy

Comment

Young at Heart
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
          geez, how depressing and a very unpleasant image!

You know, fans complained about not enough team episodes in season 7 and 8, but now in comparison, these seasons looked like gold in terms of team compared to season 9 thus far, and the news of season 10 at this point. I want a team show again---where all the characters care about each other. I know it's a different team, but still, is this too much to ask for? Team episodes where they go off-world ALL TOGETHER and bump up against something really interesting. Remember those type of episodes?
          Holy Hannah, chocdoc, bumping up against Daniel fully skirted and wearing leather would certainly be really interesting for sure!

Comment

Genius
            Sexy
            Young
            Gracious

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
              Young at Heart
              Tenacious

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Ok, I've got some interesting fic recs here for anyone game enough:

Ex Gracia - Done as a favor, by agentotter. It's a Sam/Rodney, Sam/Rodney/John fic. wtf? you might say? Well its wonderfully written, with some great Sam stuff in it. It's rated R, but there is nothing explicit.

Principle of Exclusion by minxy is another Sam/Rodney/John fic. However it also includes a nice side dish of Sam/Teyla This one does have explicit stuff in it, so watch out if you don't like that

Sam/Rodney fic by agentotter again. It's a nice little fic with some good Sam/Rodney snark. Rated R.

de profundis - up from the depths, agentotter again. A really good Sam/McKay fic with some wonderful banter at the beginning. It's almost more of an Atlantis fic. It's got some spoilers for Grace Under Pressure in it, rated PG.

Lapsus Linguae - A slip of the tongue, agentotter. More Sam/Rodney!! Some good snark between them, kissing and more snark.

And finally
                Acts of Contrition
                , by agentotter. Sam/Rodney again, a very amusing read. Some nice little Sam/Zelenka frienship happening too
                Thanks for the recs, AD. I'll have to check these out.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  Thanks for the recs, AD. I'll have to check these out.
                  Ew. Eww eww eww! lol LOVE the snark and the banter with those two. But if Sam and Rodney ever hook up romantically in canon, I think I'll ... gaaaah!

mini(nah, that pairing doesn't bother me at all!)geek

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                    Not sure if it's too late to add my profession to the list or not. I haven't actually taken the exam yet to be licensed (which is common, need a lot of time and money for that piece of paper), but I'm an architect.
                    I've updated the list:
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...97#post4809197

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      I hereby nominate ann_sgcfan as Royal Architect of Samanda. How wonderful that we will have someone to make additions to the kingdom when needed.

Will some good citizen kindly second the nomination?!

Comment

I second it !

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Genius
                          Sexy
                          Young
                          Gracious
                          Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Tenacious
                          Ok, well, since both end with 'S', I'm going to say

SENSATIONAL!!!

Neat game, Kat!!

And on the topic of staying positive (kinda hard today I have to admit), let's not forget the upcoming chat with AT. That's getting as close as you can to Amanda, aside from seeing her at a con. Maybe we should ask her what happened to "The Foursome" and that "Abby Lord" movie???

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          I hereby nominate ann_sgcfan as Royal Architect of Samanda. How wonderful that we will have someone to make additions to the kingdom when needed.

Will some good citizen kindly second the nomination?!
                          I second that nomination!!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Does anyone know if Amanda made the foursome film with Christian Slater and the other movie with her playing a detective - and if so when and how will we get to see them?!!
                            I've actually started to watch some Lifetime movies lately, priming myself for AT's debut in Abby Lord. I wonder if we do a Google search, we'll find out what's happening. Can't wait to see her "star" as a lady detective!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                              I second that nomination!!!
                              Thanks, Dani!

Let it be known that henceforth ann_sgcfan shall be known as Royal Architect of Samanda. Jolly good show!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                Ew. Eww eww eww! lol LOVE the snark and the banter with those two. But if Sam and Rodney ever hook up romantically in canon, I think I'll ... gaaaah!

mini(nah, that pairing doesn't bother me at all!)geek
                                Haha, whats wrong with them? They totally should get together and make babies that would be like their intellect combined and it would be a SUPER BABY and then it would take over the world and then the galaxy and then the universe.

Hmmm, I might be onto something here...
                                /me proposes plot to the PTB

Comment

Working...
                                X