Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Me too, minigeek. Contrast that with how they ended Friday's show, pulling the magical vaccine out of the air in the last twenty seconds of the program.
    EXACTLY! Hello! That's what I was thinking. They had vision back then. And characters they knew how to write for.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      I'm on the local unions First Call List (sax, fl, cl, ob)
      Wow, tsaxlady, that is soo cool. I'm in awe of folks with musical talent like that.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        speaking of mitchell...

spoilers for s9's collateral damage
        Spoiler:
        i know i shouldn't do this, but i have high hopes in seeing some 'good' mitchell character growth. i want to see a serious mitchell. no one-liners. i want to see what makes this man tick. i want to see a good reason why this man is on this team, let alone why he'd be given the priviledge of leading it (or co-leading it).

the spoilers for this ep sound promising. i so, SO want to come out of this ep liking mitchell.

sally
        I'm with you on this one Sal - bring on the Mitchell backstory and development

Comment

Cake for all:

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            LOL, you read my mind, Strix ... there are some very talented people in the performing arts ... professional and hobbyists too.

In a prior life, I played gigs and was/am a musician (keyboards). Dipsofjazz and tsaxlady and MajorSam play professionally ... banjo, sax, and sax. Any other musicians out there?!

How about dancers? Actors? Artists - painters, sculptors?! Please share your talents, Samandans! We can add these to the list too!

BTW, it's so true - we are well-rounded! I just took a look in the mirror and I'm even more rounded than I was before the holidays and all that good cooking!
            Well, besides being an accountant, I am an equestrian and rode on a regular basis until I was about..well, lets not give that away. For about 5 years, two of my close friends and I worked a show barn, where we gave lessons and trained and showed horses professionally. It was the hardest work and the most fun I ever had.
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

A long day finally over!!!

Über, thank you so much for posting the pics. That just miraculously made me forget my day. I for one can't wait. I know I will feel sad after (and probably during the ep) but right now I am just too excited to think about that. I just hope and wish and pray and keep my fingers crossed that this ep will be as good as it should be considering the story and who is involved. I couldn't stand another disappointment, especially not with this ep!!!
                And that last picture - it just speaks volumes!!! Not only for Sam, but I think also for Amanda. That is one of the reasons why I always enjoy Amanda's performances so much (no matter what) - she always puts so much of herself and her own experiences into the character.

And bink, thanks for posting this article. I am sooo glad that Amanda receives the recognition and press coverage she truly deserves. Couldn't come at a better time, IMHO.
                I especially like the "THE GRAND DAME OF THE BUNCH IS AMANDA TAPPING'S SMART, STRONG AND SEXY SAM CARTER of Stargate SG-1"-part. Notice how they say "Amanda Tapping's ... Sam Carter". That gives credit where credit is due, because honestly, even though TPTB created the character, it is Amanda who made Sam what she is today.
                I remember a special from the early days where Jonathan Glassner described the process of how they selected the actress for the part and the ideas they had for the character. He talked about looking for an actress who could believably portray a scientist and a soldier and what not, and that when they found Amanda they knew she was perfect for the part. He also said that it would not be an easy role. I don't know but this bit stuck with me since I saw it the first time because all I could think was 'This is so true, I can't imagine somebody else in that role.'

And the review where they talk about the "terrific Amanda Tapping". That is so great, because, honestly, Amanda wasn't given a lot of opportunities to shine during TFH2, and yet she was still positively mentioned. I think that speaks for itself and her talent.
                *Hopefully, she'll get a LEO nomination again this year. She surely deserves the recognition!!!*

Okay, sorry, rant over, but I feel better now...Night all!
                Last edited by Dani76; 09 January 2006, 11:12 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

You guys were talking about other non-job skills. Obviously my "job" only involves languages (French, German, Dutch) but in terms of hobbies, I play the clarinet and alto sax to an adequate standard, am ok on piano and flute, and can strum a bit on my guitar, but not majorly.

I'm on the university debating team, which is my big thing... I'll be going to the European Championships this year, so it any of you guys are gonna be there....!!
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Caution!! Spoiler wallpaper for Ripple Effect from one of the pics posted on Monday. It's a bit large, 1024x640, so dial-up folks be forewarned.

Ripple Effect

Comment

Slipping.Bottom.Page.Not!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        LOL, you read my mind, Strix ... there are some very talented people in the performing arts ... professional and hobbyists too.

In a prior life, I played gigs and was/am a musician (keyboards). Dipsofjazz and tsaxlady and MajorSam play professionally ... banjo, sax, and sax. Any other musicians out there?!

How about dancers? Actors? Artists - painters, sculptors?! Please share your talents, Samandans! We can add these to the list too!

BTW, it's so true - we are well-rounded! I just took a look in the mirror and I'm even more rounded than I was before the holidays and all that good cooking!
                        I'm a musician too, and after a three year maternity leave I'm actually in the process of forming a band and working up a setlist so we can get out there again. We're a jamband with jazz influences, but we're going to start easy with covers and let the originals come as they may.

Before baby I was a Web developer and strategic planner. I did everything from graphics to hardcode to media planning to competitive surveillance. I had my own business. I started out in the traditional ad business and once I knew the Internet was going to be big I jumped ship to one of the first Interactive shops in Chicago. I'm still kicking myself for not buying Yahoo!

Anyway, now I'm a Master Diaper Changer although I've recently had some duties added to my job description including DJ-ing, cheffing, chauferring, behavior modification counseling, fashion consultant/personal shopper, party and entertainment planner, proud Samandan and Stargate evangelist. Damn I'm important....NOT!!!! Oh, and I forgot - I'm an incessant Qas-teaser.

There are many many reasons I love Startage, chief among them is the Sam Carter character. I can point to her and say to my kid "be like her when you grow up". She how she doesn't give up but keeps trying to solve a problem instead of getting frustrated and giving up. See how she's mastered her discipline and the way she's able to use it - like an art - in the field. Her diligence, her compassion, her self-sacrifice, her other-centeredness. She's the kind of person I'm happy to have in my living room on a weekly basis. I could go on and on....
                        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                          Oh, and I forgot - I'm an incessant Qas-teaser.
                          Its all the rage these days I hear, I mean who isnt an incessant Qas-teaser. *points at Tracy*
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            I'm with you on this one Sal - bring on the Mitchell backstory and development
                            . Absolutely.

Re: Ripple Effect: I too will be sad no doubt. I've started watching from COTG again....sigh

Let me also just say I'll be really really P.O.'d of they ever take Bra'tac away....
                            If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                            proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                            Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Here are some great spoiler pictures from Ripple Effect. Sam's in all 5 of them and be warned, the fifth picture is a MAJOR spoiler if you know already know about this episode...but let's just say it includes TWO former castmates, one of whom being our favorite little
                              Spoiler:
                              Napoleonic Powermonger

Pictures from emedian

hey what is
                              Spoiler:
                              Martouff
                              doing here ?!!! I knew
                              Spoiler:
                              they were going to bring him back at some point ..like any other ex- boyfriends that Sam had over the years ...I really liked Martouff at the time of the Tokra but they killed him off so why are they brining him back now !!! I know why !! they have nothing else to give Sam for a relationship to a man so I suppose Orlin , martouff,...and joe will be next and Pete will probably show his face too stalking her at the exit of SGC one day !!! I'm afraid but SES was right in analysing the show because Martouff always loved Sam so there will be some ship in that story ..I honestly hope that Sam mentions Jack ..she has too and then run to his arms at the end of the episode ON SCREEN and who is that girl that Sam is embracing ?

Well I hope they
                              Spoiler:
                              bring back Jacob and Janet then if they can bring back Martouff ..and I also want to see Cassie ...for a continuity back story ..Not too much to ask !!! right !!! oh and

JACK TOO

Caty
                              Last edited by Catysg1; 10 January 2006, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                Caution!! Spoiler wallpaper for Ripple Effect from one of the pics posted on Monday. It's a bit large, 1024x640, so dial-up folks be forewarned.

Ripple Effect
                                I'm curious to find out why
                                Spoiler:
                                Martouf is wearing an SG uniform.
                                Can anyone help? I don't mind knowing ahead of time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X