No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I posted my thoughts on Fourth Horseman II a couple of days ago. I won't bore you all by rehashing them again in this thread. Have a link.

Spoiler:
    I've also mentioned in the episode thread how disappointed I was that this episode didn't even feature a mention of Jack O'neill. I can't help but feel that Jack on the planet with the prior would have played way, way better than the Mitchell/Daniel scene we got. I need more cynicism in my humor. And Mitchell isn't cutting it in that regard (and most others, but that's for a different thread). Besides, they already did the omlette joke funnier in Citizen Joe. Between this one and the upcoming Ripple Effect, it seems beyoned bizzare that he's been so completely abandoned in the SG-1 universe. The man is rumored to be the Director of Homeworld Security, for crying out loud. How the hell did you manage to exclude him from a GLOBAL PANDEMIC? Well, at least a lot of people talked about a global pandemic. I didn't really see one. But I'm sure it was there. Joe Mallozzi said so. And he's got to know what he's talking about, right?

You know, I suppose I have mixed feelings on the episode. I didn't hate it at all, and I did watch it twice. But looking back, there are quite a few things that I would have done differently. Teal'c still rocked, though. And if they ever kill Bra'tac I swear not even one their patented Atlantis deus ex machina endings won't save them from my wrath. Yeah, that's right, I'm way tougher than the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      I think Uber is already looking into this and may even have something set up or in the works (for SAmanda though, not GABIT). Might want to check with her first.

I don't think we have to particularly do something for GABIT, per se. Because none of us seem to want "Gabit" splashed across the t-shirts, do we? We want Obey Me hats and Samanda t shirts, both of which appeal to people going to shore leave as well, and non-con going people.

If Ooober isn't doing this, I've just looked it up on Cafepress, and it seems simple enough to set up a store, if people are willing to forward the relevant artwork etc.

Edit: For anyone who missed the memo (and I don't blame you... turns out we've written about 100 pages in less than a month) here are the two designs I was talking about....

Jan Sam's Design

Skydiver's Design

Last edited by Tracy Jane; 09 January 2006, 10:19 AM.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Strix, well you basically lived inside my head for this one looks like. I don't think I could agree with you more. Even the little asides you noted were exactly the ones I did. And I also worry - if tptb think this was a strong Sam episode.
          Spoiler:
          ... I kept wondering why it was they didn't really explain or explore *any* of the science in the storyline. We didn't even get to see what Orlin was working on or why he was so important. We were just "told" he was. I expected the second half of this episode to expand upon and *explain* what the first half built up. But, aside from a hefty dose of preaching, we got nothing of an analytical nature.

Then, at the end of it all, while I was wondering how they were going to stop the Ori from getting them infected again, we were "told" again that (somehow) they managed to take the survivor's blood and manufacture a vaccine. Oh really? When did that happen? (was what I was thinking). If that was all it took, then why couldn't they have just revisited a 'cured' planet from earlier and get a sample of a cured farmer's blood or something? Since most of the Ori's followers seems to be pretty pedestrian when the prior's aren't around, that probably wouldn't have been too hard to accomplish.

Having said that, I *really* did enjoy Teal'c in this episode. I think it's my favorite Teal'c episode ever, frankly. Loved that apsect of it. I hope the writers continue to do more with his character. But I also hope that when they bring the 'band' into the rest of the episodes coming up, we get *some* insight into what they actually have to *do* to find solutions to their problems. I'd much rather watch them struggle to get a right answer than watch Daniel and Mitchell do a two-man comedy show while the rest of the universe burns around them, until - oh wait, at the very last second - "something" happens, and they're saved. Whatever that "something" is.

So yeah, I'd watch this one again for the awesome Teal'c bits. But not for anything else.

mini
          I agree with you, Strix, golfbooy and anyone else who has posted according to this line.

And Teal'c rocks my socks! Gimme more of CJ like this in OTHER plots, too, and I'll be OK.

Comment

Strix, well you basically lived inside my head for this one looks like. I don't think I could agree with you more. Even the little asides you noted were exactly the ones I did. And I also worry - if tptb think this was a strong Sam episode.
            Spoiler:
            ... I kept wondering why it was they didn't really explain or explore *any* of the science in the storyline. We didn't even get to see what Orlin was working on or why he was so important. We were just "told" he was. I expected the second half of this episode to expand upon and *explain* what the first half built up. But, aside from a hefty dose of preaching, we got nothing of an analytical nature.

Then, at the end of it all, while I was wondering how they were going to stop the Ori from getting them infected again, we were "told" again that (somehow) they managed to take the survivor's blood and manufacture a vaccine. Oh really? When did that happen? (was what I was thinking). If that was all it took, then why couldn't they have just revisited a 'cured' planet from earlier and get a sample of a cured farmer's blood or something? Since most of the Ori's followers seems to be pretty pedestrian when the prior's aren't around, that probably wouldn't have been too hard to accomplish.

Having said that, I *really* did enjoy Teal'c in this episode. I think it's my favorite Teal'c episode ever, frankly. Loved that apsect of it. I hope the writers continue to do more with his character. But I also hope that when they bring the 'band' into the rest of the episodes coming up, we get *some* insight into what they actually have to *do* to find solutions to their problems. I'd much rather watch them struggle to get a right answer than watch Daniel and Mitchell do a two-man comedy show while the rest of the universe burns around them, until - oh wait, at the very last second - "something" happens, and they're saved. Whatever that "something" is.

So yeah, I'd watch this one again for the awesome Teal'c bits. But not for anything else.

mini
            Good points. TBTB think this is a strong Sam episode? And I kept thinking while watching the ep :"if only Janet were here."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Good points. TBTB think this is a strong Sam episode? And I kept thinking while watching the ep :"if only Janet were here."
              I like Lam and Lexa Doig, but that scene was pretty painful, I must admit.

Comment

Hey y'all! I know I havn't been online for a long time (vacation with family and a friend), but I hope to come online regurly OK? How is everyone? Did everyone enjoy the new Stargate Episode? I hope I will, hey, with Amanda in it, stargate ALWAYS Rocks. And the long interview with GateWorld was just GREAT! I love to hear Olivia grow up, I love to see Amanda be happy and I know Alan's a good daddy.

I post again if something intresting comes to mind

Bye

Oh BTW

! Happy Newyear everyone !

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  And I kept thinking while watching the ep :"if only Janet were here."

My LJ

Comment

Watched the commentary for Covenant last night.
                    Spoiler:
                    At one point Martin Wood is kidding AT about Sam having had an affair with the Charles Shaunessy character for about the third time. He says something like "and you had an affair..." I swear I heard her hit him as she said "I did not!" Has anyone else noticed that? They just seemed so comfortable joking around together. And they actually talked about the episode too. Always a plus in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Jan Sam's Design

That's actually my design.
                      sigpic

Comment

Some time ago I put together a list of our various occupations to give AT an idea of who some of her fans were.

Students: deepspace, Charlie, Aeromathlete, Matt G, Agent Dark, Qasim, Jerin
                        College professors: Astrogeologist, jckfan55, chocdoc, NearlyCircular
                        Accountants: Coley, ChevronSeven, LadyJeep
                        Teachers (K-12): tsaxlady, dipsofjazz (?? sorry dips, I couldn't remember if you were college or k-12)
                        Writers/Editors: Carterslave, Strix varia
                        College administrator and advisor: ChopinGal
                        Software programmer: Rogue
                        Homeschool mom and computer programmer: ForeverSG-1
                        Webdesigner/graphic artist: OoooberSG-1Fan
                        Media production assistant: Skydiver
                        Media relations: sg-1fanintn
                        Actress/soldier: MajorSam
                        Registered nurse and educator: pittsburghgirl
                        Telephony/computer support: 1speed4Sam
                        Museum assistant: Tara3583
                        Retired data administrator and database designer: SamFan31
                        Doctor of internal medicine and psychiatry: Lida
                        Restaurant management: MajorSal
                        Police officer: Billie
                        Animator/artist (???): Minigeek

Would anyone like to be added (or have their info corrected)?

My LJ

Comment

Cool to see this list again Strix. We are pretty well rounded, aren't we? Speaking of professions, I better get some work done for mine. Please send me some inspirational vibes, gang. I tell ya, between semesters the brain turns to mush but the work doesn't really stop.

Comment

Does Weir thunker count as an ocupation?
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              Some time ago I put together a list of our various occupations to give AT an idea of who some of her fans were.

Students: deepspace, Charlie, Aeromathlete, Matt G, Agent Dark, Qasim, Jerin
                              College professors: Astrogeologist, jckfan55, chocdoc, NearlyCircular
                              Accountants: Coley, ChevronSeven, LadyJeep
                              Teachers (K-12): tsaxlady, dipsofjazz (?? sorry dips, I couldn't remember if you were college or k-12)
                              Writers/Editors: Carterslave, Strix varia
                              College administrator and advisor: ChopinGal
                              Software programmer: Rogue
                              Homeschool mom and computer programmer: ForeverSG-1
                              Webdesigner/graphic artist: OoooberSG-1Fan
                              Media production assistant: Skydiver
                              Media relations: sg-1fanintn
                              Actress/soldier: MajorSam
                              Registered nurse and educator: pittsburghgirl
                              Telephony/computer support: 1speed4Sam
                              Museum assistant: Tara3583
                              Retired data administrator and database designer: SamFan31
                              Doctor of internal medicine and psychiatry: Lida
                              Restaurant management: MajorSal
                              Police officer: Billie
                              Animator/artist (???): Minigeek

Would anyone like to be added (or have their info corrected)?
                              Me ! Me ! I'm a pharmassist ! Yep, a real one.
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Hopefully soon! Possible Gov't position! I'll know for sure before Feb 5th. Everyone keep their fingers crossed for me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X