Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    No one you could beg or bribe to cover for you? It would be great if you could come!
    Sadly no, one of my coworkers is in holidays at this very same moment and we can't get holidays both at the same time. And as we're working on weekends, I'd need holidays to go to GABIT.
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      Sadly no, one of my coworkers is in holidays at this very same moment and we can't get holidays both at the same time. And as we're working on weekends, I'd need holidays to go to GABIT.
      Thats a real downer. Is there no stand in pharmacist you could pay to cover? What would happen if you were ill - the duties would be covered - right - can you swap with another pharmacist (I think that happends over here - I knew a pharmacist once - wonder what he's doing in November?!!)

Just wish you could do something about this!!

Comment

What would happen if you were ill - the duties would be covered - right
        Sneaky sneaky
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Thats a real downer. Is there no stand in pharmacist you could pay to cover? What would happen if you were ill - the duties would be covered - right - can you swap with another pharmacist (I think that happends over here - I knew a pharmacist once - wonder what he's doing in November?!!)

Just wish you could do something about this!!
          The trick is that I'm not working in a pharmacy but in a big supermarket with a beauty shop. And althought I could be away if I was ill, my boss has the right to send someone to check if I'm really at home. So, there's no way I can come. I'd really love to, but I don't want to lose my job because of a convention, even one with AT.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            true. the exchange rate for vancouver is in my favor while it is definitely NOT good for me in the UK.

I doubt i'll be doing a whole heck of a lot while i'm there but i promised myself last time when i couldn't go that i would the next time. and i do have a year to save up

anyone have any connections with the airlines?????

right now the cheapest air fare is 6-700 dollars
            I know you were joking, but my only connections are European airlines and Virgin Atlantic and I've already had my full quota of favours (when you're a languages student, airline favours are used up quickly)
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Oi 1speed - you got home quick - have you seen what the Jester has been saying about me. You tell them about my parsnip soup!!
              My thanks for their concern as to my well-being go out to our esteemed Jester and Royal Pharmacist.

I can confirm that the Royal Accountant's parsnip soup with almond bread was indeed most delicious, nutritious, and filling, as was the fruit cake and custard which followed.

I can also confirm I have no need of any bicarbonate of soda (although I wouldn't say no to a quick slug of the Royal Pharmacist's special Blue Jello... ).

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                My thanks for their concern as to my well-being go out to our esteemed Jester and Royal Pharmacist.

I can confirm that the Royal Accountant's parsnip soup with almond bread was indeed most delicious, nutritious, and filling, as was the fruit cake and custard which followed.

I can also confirm I have no need of any bicarbonate of soda (although I wouldn't say no to a quick slug of the Royal Pharmacist's special Blue Jello... ).
                No one says no to Blue Jello. Not on this thread!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  The trick is that I'm not working in a pharmacy but in a big supermarket with a beauty shop. And althought I could be away if I was ill, my boss has the right to send someone to check if I'm really at home. So, there's no way I can come. I'd really love to, but I don't want to lose my job because of a convention, even one with AT.
                  How about if we came over and kidnapped you for the weekend?

Comment

custard
                    *feels hungry*

What flavour of custard was it?
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

I like this option. I wanna meet Lys!

Comment

Have some 1speed !

Comment

Darn ! Do you really want me to play the damzel in distress ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                            Darn ! Do you really want me to play the damzel in distress ?
                            How simply can I put this?

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                              Here's my last list, please tell me if there are any changes or additions before I post it on the GABIT thread and the Shore Leave thread.

Shore Leave

Skydiver
                              minigeek
                              tsaxlady
                              dancer of spaz
                              Strix Varia
                              Dani 76
                              Lys

GABIT2

Skydiver
                              minigeek
                              Dani 76
                              Tracy Jane
                              I'm still awaiting word since I sent in my $ weeks ago but I'm going to Shore Leave !

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                                *feels hungry*

What flavour of custard was it?
                                They do different flavours?!?!?!

This was just bog-standard custard flavour, Ambrosia Low Fat.

Comment

Working...
                                X