Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I've added myself to the above and I'll be at Vancouver 2006 for the Sunday Panel and Brunch/Auction. Wish I had the money to do the full tour thing in Vancouver, but I think I'd rather spend the week in the UK this year rather than an hour in front of the Stargate.
    Sorry Kat, I forgot to add your name for Shore Leave.

If anyone who is coming could do like Kat and simply add their names to the list, it would be easier and I wouldn't get the feeling of spamming the thread.
    So here's a brand new list and as for now, please, add or remove yourself to it !

Shore Leave

Skydiver
    minigeek
    tsaxlady
    dancer of spaz
    Dani 76
    Lys
    ForeverSG1

GABIT2

Skydiver
    minigeek
    Dani 76
    Tracy Jane
    ForeverSG1

Darn, I'm so not used to the new smilies. Is it only me or do you get the feeling that they all look like monkeys ?
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Shore Leave

Skydiver
      minigeek
      tsaxlady
      dancer of spaz
      Dani 76
      Lys

GABIT2

Skydiver
      minigeek
      Dani 76
      Tracy Jane
      Forever SG1
      Dipsofjazz (added with her permission)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        (((((Strix)))))

You give me to much credit. I'm scared to death at the perspective of meeting several of you at Shore Leave and have to open my mouth.
        You're going to be very disappointed by my poor skills when it comes to express myself.
        Lys, I took four years of french in school and I can guarantee you...your english is far superior to my french. Please do not feel as if you are going to disappoint anyone. I'm sure no matter what, you will be able to get your point across and your enthusiasm for Amanda will shine through.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINI(THE BIRTHDAY GAL)GEEK!!!
          Hope you have a great day - and that you get everything you wished for!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Lys, I took four years of french in school and I can guarantee you...your english is far superior to my french. Please do not feel as if you are going to disappoint anyone. I'm sure no matter what, you will be able to get your point across and your enthusiasm for Amanda will shine through.
            Well, it's more that I'm usually the quiet one listening to everyone and sitting in my corner. The shy person of the group unless I'm in one of my crazy days and you can't stop me babbling and laughing. I know I'm weird like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Yes, if they're going to go Sam light, they might as well let her direct. They know she can do it. The baby might not even be much of an issue. After all, she was supposed to direct an episode without Sam in it much to give her a chance to prep & she managed quite well in a pretty Sam heavy episode. And if she wants to direct in the future I'm all for it, but I'd hate to lose her from the screen.
              ...AND she was pregnant at the time! Talk about dedication.

I really hope they give AT a chance to direct next season as well.

Comment

Just a slight edit...

Originally posted by Kliggins
                Shore Leave

Skydiver
                minigeek
                tsaxlady
                dancer of spaz (tentatively...)
                Dani 76
                Lys

GABIT2

Skydiver
                minigeek
                Dani 76
                Tracy Jane
                Forever SG1

Comment

Shore Leave

Skydiver
                  minigeek
                  tsaxlady
                  dancer of spaz
                  Dani 76
                  Lys
                  Forever SG1
                  Nell ( also added with her permission)

GABIT2

Skydiver
                  minigeek
                  Dani 76
                  Tracy Jane
                  Forever SG1

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Just a slight edit...
                    spaz I'm sending good vibes to you. Maybe it'll work and you'll edit it with "for sure".

Comment

I dunno, errr.... who am I replying to.... the Vala Fan.

I basically wanted to know whether Grade school is the equivalent of infant, junior or secondary education.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        Shore Leave

Skydiver
                        minigeek
                        tsaxlady
                        dancer of spaz
                        Dani 76
                        Lys
                        ForeverSG1

GABIT2

Skydiver
                        minigeek
                        Dani 76
                        Tracy Jane
                        ForeverSG1
                        I did a search and this is what I found so far:
                        Originally posted by SG1Poz
                        Sg-1Poz = Shore Leave
                        Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        You can add me to the list for Gabit 2. I loved Gabit so much this year that there is no way I'd miss the return.
                        Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                        Hey all: Been out for a while - more RL stuff. I've signed up for Shore Leave in July and got a room across the street being the venue is filled up.
                        I am getting really excited now. So is there a Shore Leave thread out there or should we start one or just keep it here. What y'all think?

And whatever happened to the great ideas of patches and wristbands, I really liked it????

I also wanted to compliment you guys on all your great posts today. I am still playing catch up but I am so glad that we can discuss everything in a respectful manner here. Coming here has become way more than "just" talking about Stargate, it's looking forward to talking to friends every day! You guys are a great and special bunch of people, can't wait to meet you all.

Oh, and before I forget:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MINI.
                        *I will join you in the 3-O group in July!*

On Edit: Just saw that Kliggins already added Dipsofjazz to the Gabit List!
                        Last edited by Dani76; 07 January 2006, 12:40 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

New edit !

Shore Leave

Skydiver
                          minigeek
                          tsaxlady
                          dancer of spaz (I'm keeping you there spaz until you say no )
                          Dani 76
                          Lys
                          Forever SG1
                          Nell
                          LOL4JACK
                          SG1Poz
                          WhatFateAlmondRoca

GABIT2

Skydiver
                          minigeek
                          Dani 76
                          Tracy Jane
                          Forever SG1

Comment

FYI: For those who may be interested, on the Sam and Jack Thread @ page 963, I posted a two-part "essay" regarding the disservice TPTB showed Sam Carter by the innuendo implied between Sam and Orlin. While my essay is Shippy in nature, because I am also fond of Sam's character's portrayal of a brilliant, independent, and very capable woman, I know that the implication was disrespectful to her individually as well. nell
                            sigpic

Comment

I have a small question for the Farscape fans. Everyone keeps saying that Browder was given the lead role because his name was/is more well known than the three original members of Stargate, but I'm curious why people think this. I don't admit to really know much about Farscape. I've only recently begun to watch the show. However, from what I have read, Farscape was originally aired on Scif, so I'm just curious what the ratings were like when Farscape was actually on the air. From what Amanda said about SG-1 on Stargate: True Science...Stargate SG-1 has been on the air now for nine years and is seen by over 20 million people in 80 different countries on a weekly basis. I'm very interested how this compares/compared to Farscape.

I know Farscape may have been very popular with the critics, but I can honestly say that before BB and CB came to Stargate, I had never even heard of the show or the actors. So how can one really say that Browder is more of a name than say Tapping or Shanks or Judge. We are not talking about RDA here, someone who had a hit television show on one of the top three American television channels which was watched by over 10 million Americans on a weekly basis. I don't really mean to be disrespectful to Browder, but honestly, I don't see how anyone can compare RDA, being the lead on MacGuyver for seven years and Browder being the lead on Farscape for four. Honestly, more people watched RDA in the first season of MacGuyver than all four seasons of Farscape combined.
                              I'll take a stab at answering the questions about Ben. First of all FS's ratings went from about a 1.1 to a high of 1.9, so the average is somewhere in the middle. Does Ben have *more* fans than MS, AT or CJ? I have no idea. But what he does have is different fans, fans who were probably not watching the show before Ben signed on.

I can understand TPTB worrying about what would happen if RDA left. For all they knew, half the fans would stop watching the show. And if they didn't add anyone new in to replace RDA, ratings would go down because the three remaining cast members weren't going to be bringing in new fans. Their fans are already watching the show. With Ben, there's a good chance that his fans who haven't been watching the show, will start, and I have a feeling that's what happened since the ratings have been about the same as last year.

I'm not knocking Browder being added to the show. The show has always been a four member team( Jack may not have been on SG-1 team in season 8, but the show was written to include him as if he were). So in that respect they needed to add another character/actor to the show, but I really feel as if TPTB have done the other members of the cast a real disservice in not pushing Stargate now as a true ensemble cast. The fact that they are going out of their way to push Browder into a lead role as if it's by his name alone that is actually keeping the show alive is very saddening. As happy as I was to finally get our full opening credits back last night, it was very hard not to notice how much they were pushing Browder/Mitchell in the credit clips.
                              It was never an ensemble cast, so I'm guessing that TPTB are going with the formula that's worked in the past. Also, I hardly think TPTB think Ben's name alone is keeping the show alive! Otherwise why did they add Claudia for so many eps as well as S10? Why did they bring powerhouses like Beau Bridges and Lou Gerak? I see TPTB bringing in several different actors to keep viewers tuning in as well as just fill vacancies in the cast.

I don't envy Browder. He's coming into a very hard situation where not only is he a new cast member in a long running show, but he's also been forced into the forefront as the new lead of the show and the team and many fans, like myself, are having a difficult time understanding why he's there. I still don't believe the writers have done a very good job at showing us why Mitchell deserved all the praise he recieved in the first Avalon I.
                              Well there are two issues there: Browder and Mitchell. I think people are just going to have to accept that when RDA left, TPTB wanted to replace him with another lead who is Ben. I know everyone wanted their favorite character to have that spot. Daniel fans wanted MS to be there. AT fans wanted Carter to be there. But TPTB decided to go with someone new, an actor who was the lead for four years of a very successful scifi show who could bring in new fans. It makes a lot of sense to me, but I can understand how it would be disappointing.

As far as Mitchell goes and what the writers have showed us so far... well, that's been one of my complaints all along. Not enough development for him, but if he had been in the eps more would people now be complaining that he was being shoved down their throat? How do you win!

It's like the writers are doing whatever they possibly can to make sure Sam and Mitchell are not together so they don't have to deal with the leadership issue. Mitchell goes off-world with Teal'c and Sam is with Daniel... or Mitchell goes off world with Daniel and SG-whatever and Sam babysits at the SGC while Teal'c is off doing his Jaffa thing. I'm sorry, but when exactly are we going to see some TEAM interaction? I want my SG-1... not SG-Mitchell, or SG-Daniel, or SG-Sam....
                              I think Sam and Mitchell will be together quite a bit in next week's epsiode. And it would be nice to see the whole team spend more time together. Hopefully now that Gerak's gone, Vala's mostly gone, and Lam and Landry resolved something, we'll get more of that. But who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76

I am getting really excited now. So is there a Shore Leave thread out there or should we start one or just keep it here. What y'all think?
                                There's a Shore Leave thread here

And whatever happened to the great ideas of patches and wristbands, I really liked it????

I also wanted to compliment you guys on all your great posts today. I am still playing catch up but I am so glad that we can discuss everything in a respectful manner here. Coming here has become way more than "just" talking about Stargate, it's looking forward to talking to friends every day! You guys are a great bunch of people, can't wait to meet you all.

Oh, and before I forget:
                                HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MINI.
                                *I will join you in the 3-O group in July!*

On Edit: Just saw that Kliggins already added Dipsofjazz to the Gabit List!
                                Yep, what happened to the wonderful ideas ? And what about for those of us going to Shore Leave trying to stay together ? I heard that the hotel where they run the convention was sold out. I think WhatFateAlmondRoca found another place to stay. Maybe we could organize something all together. Could you imagine the Samandans all together for a whole weekend ? That would be incredibly cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X