Originally posted by Skydiver
    i didn't pay attentionlast night. did they do it
    ben browder in stargate

or

stargate

ben
    amanda
    chris, etc.

If ben's name is after the 'stargate' then he's just another actor. the lead actor yes, but just another actor.
    *gate symbol*
    *shot of gate*
    *explosion*
    *goa'uld ships*
    *browder pics*
    *gate shot*
    *ships*
    *wormhole*
    *team coming out of gate - (prototype I think)*
    *wormhole*
    *Stargate SG1 written on screen*
    *ships*
    *antarctica*
    *mitchell looking at gate in Avalon*
    *Ben Browder wrote on screen*
    *Sam In action*
    *Amanda Tapping written on screen*
    *Sam sitting down*
    *Teal'c on Goa'uld bridge*
    *beau bridges*
    *abydos explosion*
    *MS as Daniel Jackson*
    *shot of team going through gate*
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

My 2 cents on 4th Horseman Pt.2. First, it was great to see *full* opening credits with the team walking through the gate. A bit unhappy with the amount of shots of BB at the beginning, but AT's shot was Action Sam, so that's good.
      As for Sam's bits in the episode:
      Spoiler:
      She didn't have many minutes, but I think they were quality minutes. As someone else said, she got to give the "open the iris" and "stand down" orders. I thought her scenes with Orlin were good, especially the puzzle scene. It's great that we *see* that Sam isn't just going to leave him somewhere. Orlin may fall into a plot hole never to be seen again after this, :rollseyes: but we will know that Sam is keeping in contact with him. You know that phone call from Cassie I've been saying we need? They could also write in something like Sam saying she can't play basketball with the team that day because she's visiting Orlin.
      AT seemed in good form.
      Last edited by jckfan55; 07 January 2006, 10:56 AM. Reason: fix spoiler tag

Comment

Yeah. The thing causing an outcry atm is that the credits should have had team pics at the head, not Browder shots.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Yeah. The thing causing an outcry atm is that the credits should have had team pics at the head, not Browder shots.
          How's that any different when it was RDA shots, other than the fact that some fans prefer RDA over BB?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

The network thinks they need a "lead."

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Dear Royal Accountant and Bean Counter

Methinks that your abacus and eyes may not be fully synchronized whilst reading this honoured thread. Perchance, your own natal day fast approaching and at an age where eyes oft require assistance, a trip to the royal optician's may be in order. That is, if we had a royal optician.

I would not want you to make a spectacle of yourself in further misreading of the numbers. The kingdom so depends on your ability to count and tally that we cannot have you impaired. Get thee to Chulak if you must ... until we fill the position of optician in Samanda.

Do not fear the old adage: "men do not make passes at girls who wear glasses" as I can humbly testify that this has never been my experience. (You may ask Murray next time he is in town.)

My heart breaks as I picture you now, in your kitchen, stumbling about preparing tea for Assistant Security Guard, arriving on his new cycle. Let us hope that you are still able to read all cooking directions and ingredient labels carefully. If not, 1speed may be in for a unique culinary delight, full of flavourful surprises. And the Royal Pharmacist may be kept busy tonight filling a prescription for bicarbonate.

Again, consider the implementation of bifocals as the solution to your counting difficulties. I truly believe all your beans will then be in order.

Your concerned colleague, Jester
              I hope dear Jester that for 1speed's sake that bicarbonate doesn't mean the same thing than in one of our late humorists' sketches, or our dear 1speed is in immediate risk of seeing pink elephants all the night. This coupled with the RA lack of focus could do mayhem in the RA's kitchen.
              May I suggest some special blue jello as miracle cure for everything ?

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

he's thier new leading man. it will focus on him.

to be blunt, ben has more years ahead of him in the franchise than behind him. i am sure the theory is that it's only a matter of time before MS or AT decide to move on, so why focus on them?

also, cam is the new leader. he's the new hero. he's the center of attention and the one they're banking on. thus, he will be the center of promotion and the credits
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  Here's my last list, please tell me if there are any changes or additions before I post it on the GABIT thread and the Shore Leave thread.

Shore Leave

Skydiver
                  minigeek
                  tsaxlady
                  dancer of spaz
                  Strix Varia
                  Dani 76
                  Lys

GABIT2

Skydiver
                  minigeek
                  Dani 76
                  Tracy Jane
                  Hey Lys, I'm backing out of Shore Leave...

My LJ

Comment

to be blunt, ben has more years ahead of him in the franchise than behind him. i am sure the theory is that it's only a matter of time before MS or AT decide to move on, so why focus on them?

also, cam is the new leader. he's the new hero. he's the center of attention and the one they're banking on. thus, he will be the center of promotion and the credits
                    Right. I mean, Amanda's already said that she'll probably leave when Olivia starts "grade" school.

Just to put a time frame on this.... what is Grade school? How long have we got.

Comment

MS has already left once...why focus on him? Sadly for AT, it's still very much a "boy's club" so it seems to me they aren't going to want to focus on her, since she's not the "model" type of woman. You know...the waif thin model's that the media would like us all to think we should be like.

True enough. No matter how much fans of AT, MS, CJ or any of the other "originial" cast complain, it will continue to fall on deaf ears for the most part. I'm not saying fans shouldn't complain, it just means that most of SciLie PTB won't listen much.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

Happy Birthday Mini !
                        Yay for the return of the emu! I bet it's been feeling neglected lately.
                        And happy birthday Mini & the others I missed in the last couple of days.

Comment

Right. I mean, Amanda's already said that she'll probably leave when Olivia starts "grade" school.

Just to put a time frame on this.... what is Grade school? How long have we got.
                          If the show lasts that long...at least 5 years. Most kids in the US start school at age 5. Not sure if Amanda will have Olivia attend school in Canada or the US. Depends on what she and the hubby want for Olivia's education.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            And Lys, your English is so good it's very easy to forget that sometimes.

((((Lys))))
                            (((((Strix)))))

You give me to much credit. I'm scared to death at the perspective of meeting several of you at Shore Leave and have to open my mouth.
                            You're going to be very disappointed by my poor skills when it comes to express myself.
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                              If the show lasts that long...at least 5 years. Most kids in the US start school at age 5. Not sure if Amanda will have Olivia attend school in Canada or the US. Depends on what she and the hubby want for Olivia's education.
                              But she's Canadian and lives in Canada... not like some other actors who do major commuting. So we'd assume Canada, right?

Five years....is that all we've got? *starts to cry quietly*

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                (((((Strix)))))

You give me to much credit. I'm scared to death at the perspective of meeting several of you at Shore Leave and have to open my mouth.
                                You're going to be very disappointed by my poor skills when it comes to express myself.
                                hon, i've spoken english for my whole life and sometimes can't express myself. don't sweat it.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X