Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    He's a bigger name than Tapping, apparently, he'll draw in the fans. Grumble, mutter, grumble.
    This is where they lose me. The ratings numbers have not really changed significantly, accounting for the increased number of households that have scilie this year the ratings have been pretty much stagnant from last year except the slight increase because of household numbers.

I have to believe FS had more than 200-250,000 fans that BB and CB would bring in, plus they have 2 pretty big mainstream names in Bridges and Gossett and still the numbers went relatively nowehere. My guess, and my money, would be on the the ratings having been the same or better in S9 without all this new stuff and keeping the original Stargate dynamic, sans RDA.

The ratings argument for Browder is not cutting it for me because the numbers are not there. I have to believe that the suits spending all of this money on all of these new so-called "stars" with names that are apparently bigger than Tapping, Shanks and Judge, was going to garner a lot more viewers and a lot higher ratings than they are getting thus far. Where are all of the BB FS fans that are supposedly throwing themselves at the scilie channel to geta glimpse of their "leading man"?

To be honest when I heard about the new additions to the cast, BB, CB, BB2 and LG, I thought, based on the numbers (2.4 IIRC) they got for last years (S8) premiere and first few eps, that the ratings for S9 would be out of the park - I do not see it - I do not see the streams of BB/FS fans rushing to watch.
    Last edited by binkpmmc; 07 January 2006, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      Someone had to do it
      Yes - and wouldn't we have all been hopping mad if it were Sam!!!

Comment

In Response To Deano

Of Sam or AT?

My fave Sam moment is that bit in (sorry Shippers) Chimera where she sits up looking all insecure and lovely in bed. She just looks plain hot.

As for AT... I think my avatar and the following sig say it all.

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

In Response To Deano

Of Sam or AT?

My fave Sam moment is that bit in (sorry Shippers) Chimera where she sits up looking all insecure and lovely in bed. She just looks plain hot.

As for AT... I think my avatar and the following sig say it all.

wheet wheel

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            This is where they lose me. The ratings numbers have not really changed significantly, accounting for the increased number of households that have scilie this year the ratings have been pretty much stagnant fromn last year except the slight increase because of household numbers.

I have to believe FS had more than 200-250,000 fans that BB and CB would bring in, plus they have 2 pretty big mainstream names in Bridges and Gossett and still the numbers went realtively nowehere. My guess, and my money, would be on the the ratings having been the same or better in S9 without all this new stuff and keeping the original Stargate dynamic, sans RDA.

The ratings argument for Browder is not cutting it for me because the numbers are not there. I have to believe that the suits spending all of this money on all of these new so-called "stars" with names that are apparently bigger than Tapping, Shanks and Judge, was going to garner a lot more viewers and a lot higher ratings than they are getting thus far. Where are all of the BB FS fans that are supposedly throwing themselves at the scilie channel to geta glimpse of their "leading man"?

To be honest when I heard about the new additions to the cast, BB, CB, BB2 and LG, I thought, based on the numbers (2.4 IIRC) they got for last years (S8) premiere and first few eps, that the ratings for S9 would be out of the park - I do not see it - I do not see the streams of BB/FS fans rushing to watch.
            Hmmm. It's slightly confusing, I guess. But the reason the ratings haven't chenged much is because a lot of the RDA fan base stopped watching, and they gained the BB/CB/Fargate....oops....Farscape fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
              wheet wheel
              Was that meant to be a wold whistle? Or were you just incapable of speech!!! It is a drool worthy picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                Yes - and wouldn't we have all been hopping mad if it were Sam!!!
                Compared to that leaving it to the n00b seems acceptable dont you think?
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINIGEEK!!!!!!!
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Was that meant to be a wold whistle? Or were you just incapable of speech!!! It is a drool worthy picture.
                    A bit of both

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINIGEEK!!!!!!!
                      *resorts to usual cake*

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        And I just wrote a long post because of your bad memory !
                        Historian, you're doomed ! I'm telling you !
                        Now now Lys, calm down. You did a lovely speech in defending Cam, and I agree with you. I hope they prove to us that he is a great leader. We'll just have to wait and watch. But he'll never be as good as Sam. Nah, I said it.

Happy Birthday MiniGeek
                        sigpic
                        There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelSamOneill
                          I'm actually not sure that would be the case. On Charmed this season Brian Krause is only in about half of the season but he is still considered a lead actor on the show. They could split AT's time in half and she could still be considered a lead actor on SG-1 and possibly on SGA too depending on how it's negotiated. If this is the case it would certainly be a good thing for AT's career.
                          There must come a point where reduced air time on the show means no more lead role. In SG1 there have in the past been 4 team players - one of which is Sam - High profile - lots of air time. The change in direction of the show is putting more characters into the fore (which I think is bad as it compromises the team based show [but protects the show from another one of the lead cast leaving]) If also there is a move to introduce Vala and lose even more Sam then Sam's role - and Amanda's air time has been reduced dramatically on SG1. Maybe she will get a billing place via contract negotiation, but it is hardly the same as a lot of acting time. Air time on Atlantis just doesn't compensate - and remember not everyone watches both shows anyway.

I must admit I don't know for certain if this will be good for her career or not, My perception is not - but then I don't know the industry. If sg1 folds and Atlantis continues and she still has work - then it is good for her career I guess - but in general her not being in the spotlight in SG1 is for me bad news!!

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
                            But he'll never be as good as Sam. Nah, I said it.
                            Indeed
                            love Torri

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINIGEEK

Comment

Adds another cake to the mix

HAPPY BITHDAY
                                MINIGEEK

No Blue Jello or Samandan Oranges were hurt in the making of this Greeting

Comment

Working...
                                X