Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    I coudn't agree more - and I'm sorry I'm out of green for you!!
    Ditto Coley, I'm also out of green for you. Let's have a party over blue jello instead of green one.
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

About Sam's leadership, I'm like you. I don't like her losing it. But I noticed something on Prototype, when they arrive on the planet. She was the one telling the other SG team what to do, and she was EXPLAINING things to Cam. So she's like a teacher to him, and in the end, the one to decide. It calmed me ... a little.

What do you think ?
      sigpic
      There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
      If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
      If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
      If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

I loved season six Sam... she was great. She had that whole jokey sisterly thing going on with Jonas, and she'd definitely found her place in the team.

I'm just saying I prefer jokey, fun, relxed Sam to "Super Sam" who I always had trouble believing as anything other than a 2D cardboard cut out.

As for not having a lead in either shows....garrrrgh. Arggggh. No, I'm sure that even TPTB aren't *that* stupid.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Sorry I didn't make myself clear - my fault. I meant as one of the lead cast. To my mind there are 4 - the members of SG1. If Sam takes a different role and starts to cross over she will lose this lead cast place - especially if she is absent from a number of episodes. That is bad for SG1 - (IMO) and bad for Amanda's career as she doesn't get to be a lead cast member in either show.

Food for thought if you are an AT/Sam fan
          I'm actually not sure that would be the case. On Charmed this season Brian Krause is only in about half of the season but he is still considered a lead actor on the show. They could split AT's time in half and she could still be considered a lead actor on SG-1 and possibly on SGA too depending on how it's negotiated. If this is the case it would certainly be a good thing for AT's career.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
            About Sam's leadership, I'm like you. I don't like her losing it. But I noticed something on Prototype, when they arrive on the planet. She was the one telling the other SG team what to do, and she was EXPLAINING things to Cam. So she's like a teacher to him, and in the end, the one to decide. It calmed me ... a little.

What do you think ?
            Well, she was also explaining things to Jack all the time. Maybe Cam is a little less stubborn when it comes to listen to scientists, but it doesn't change the fact that Sam is back to her previous role when Jack was still in command of the team.

Comment

It does feel at the moment like Cam's in charge, but we really ought to put a smidgen of faith in TPTB. They told us that Sam leads in the second half of the season. I mean, the first half of the season was tough for poor Amanda, what with a baby to look after, lines to learn, technobabble to research... having a bigger part and leading the team would probably have tipped her over the edge!

Comment

What do you think ?
                Another thing about Prototype is that it is the only time since Sam's return that Mitchell identifies himself as leader of SG-1 and he does it while Sam is commanding another SG team. Also, right after he does it he goes and makes about the stupidest mistake I've ever seen anyone make by pushing that button.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  Well, she was also explaining things to Jack all the time. Maybe Cam is a little less stubborn when it comes to listen to scientists, but it doesn't change the fact that Sam is back to her previous role when Jack was still in command of the team.
                  No no. To Jack, she was explaining stuff he didn't understand, most of the time, scientific. To Cam, she was explaining offworld strategy, why she was deploying the other SG-team that way. If I remember correctly.
                  sigpic
                  If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                  If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                  If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelSamOneill
                    Another thing about Prototype is that it is the only time since Sam's return that Mitchell identifies himself as leader of SG-1 and he does it while Sam is commanding another SG team. Also, right after he does it he goes and makes about the stupidest mistake I've ever seen anyone make by pushing that button.
                    Well... what's the age old saying?

Do you want to speak to the man in charge?
                    Or the woman who knows what's going on?

Comment

Now THAT was stupid, yes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Damn, Colonel and Lys, you're right. I re-watch the part. I was completely off. I told you Lys I had a very bad memory
                        sigpic

Comment

Also, right after he does it he goes and makes about the stupidest mistake I've ever seen anyone make by pushing that button.
                          Someone had to do it
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

No no. To Jack, she was explaining stuff he didn't understand, most of the time, scientific. To Cam, she was explaining offworld strategy, why she was deploying the other SG-team that way. If I remember correctly.
                            Well, it's worse if she has to explain strategy to the leader of the team. It would be Cam's role to explain strategy and to give orders according to his own strategy.
                            Believe me, I don't put blame on poor Cam. He's a nice guy but the way he's been written makes me sometimes cringe. He's a walking contradiction being written so green he could be one of the cadets from Proving Ground and in the same time shown as the team leader.
                            It doesn't help either that the poor guy is used as convenient plot device and makes stupid mistakes when it was so easy to show him tripped over something and hit that button by accident.
                            It doesn't help either that the character has been completely wallpapered in the first six episodes because the emphasis was put on another character who was supposed by this time to be a recurrent character and not one of the main cast. Why ? Maybe everyone was afraid to turn the show into Fargate. I've never seen any episode of Farscape. I can't comment on this show but I think many scapers have stated that Cam and Vala are nothing like John Crichton and Aeryn Sun (apologies for any spelling mistakes, I'm not familliar with the show). So, with that in mind, why didn't the writers take the opportunity of the season first part to explore a little more Cam is a mistake in my opinion.
                            I really hope that there will be more development for him in the second part of the season and that the team factor will be back.
                            In fact, I really don't care who's leading the team as long as the leader is shown as a natural and strong leader, one who has earned this position. I wouldn't have objected to a character like Colonel Dixon leading SG1 because he has both the off-world experience and has the qualities of a good leader.

Comment

Whats the sexyist pic of sam youv ever seen

Comment

Damn, Colonel and Lys, you're right. I re-watch the part. I was completely off. I told you Lys I had a very bad memory
                                And I just wrote a long post because of your bad memory !
                                Historian, you're doomed ! I'm telling you !

Comment

Working...
                                X