Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jafacakes
    Thanks for the "bones" Sky,Ltcolonelsam and Dani76.
    It's nice to see Sam
    Spoiler:
    retain her military autority and her caring side on the same episode. The last scene with Orlin reminds me of the one between Jack and Merrin in Learning curve .
    But if Gerack can be so easily convinced to help earth against the orii then can't see that storyline going much further

oh, and I tried to green you but it doesn't let me
    Actually, that's exactly what I thought of.... Learning Curve, when you said it. I suppose after nine years you do tend to start going round in circles.

As long as it's the good circles. We obviously started the trip last year with Sam getting engaged and breaking it off for the second time.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      Of course, the forum had to break down when I wanted to add my 2 cents...hm? Just wanted to share some *bones*

Anyways, a couple of thoughts on Sam's part in this ep:
      Spoiler:
      She didn't have that much to do, not very many scenes. But I really liked her scenes with Orlin, especially the last one: It was really sad to see Orlin like this, but it was soooo good to see Sam's nurturing and caring side again. I am sure I was not the only one wondering why Sam wasn't in the briefing room in the end, but at the same time I kinda suspected something like the last scene. It was sooo Sam.

I also liked the scene with Hammond, was good to see him back. There was a little bit of team spirit there (well, maybe that's just me looking and wishing for it), but I thought I caught a glimpse of "aww, good ol'times" in Sam's and Daniel's eyes. Could have been a little bit more for my taste, but that's just me.

Finally: "gateroom - Teal'c steps through with Gerak - guns pointed at both of them - Sam takes control and tells I don't know how many soldiers to STAND DOWN!: That was cool, at least a bit of Sam in command (of the whole base???)

As to the episode itself:
      Spoiler:
      I thought it was good, the solution was not what I expected at all. Good scenes with Mitchell and Daniel; liked Landry. I did not like the little outburst Dr. Lam had when she talked to her SICK father.

Oh, and no matter what, it was good to hear the theme music in its full length once again, put me in the right mood.

Disclaimer: All just IMHO!
      You beat me to
      Spoiler:
      the gate room scene!
      Dani76. I was also trying to add my coppers to the mix and after a brilliant schpiel got database-drop kicked off! Steams. My line:
      Spoiler:
      I liked that Sam got to do 2IC at SGC! "Stand down!" for Teal'c and Garek. Okitwasallof10minutesbytheclock, but hey! Yay, Sam; foreshadowing??

Just sayin', hope I get to post anything tonight! Haven't even been to the Atlantis thread! Aaagh!!
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

*resists urge to read spoilers*

*must hold on for another 6 hours*
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Whoot! I'm a happy bunny.

Would be a lot happier if I could post without getting the WPoD, though.

I've admittedly started playing a game with it. If I get the WPoD whilst trying to post, I go back and add a sentence to my reply before trying again, so that my replies gradually get longer and longer. It's really quite funny.

Well, for a sad git like me, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Whoot! I'm a happy bunny.

Would be a lot happier if I could post without getting the WPoD, though.

I've admittedly started playing a game with it. If I get the WPoD whilst trying to post, I go back and add a sentence to my reply before trying again, so that my replies gradually get longer and longer. It's really quite funny.

Well, for a sad git like me, anyway.
            *Fails to see the humour in a evil thing such as the WPoD*
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              *Fails to see the humour in a evil thing such as the WPoD*
              Not humourous.... I've just given up with getting annoyed and bored.

Added you to my LJ friends, too Qasim. What was all that stuff about you being relaxed and chilled.... complete cartoffel, that was. There again, it told me that when I'm alone I like to do stuff to better myself. Obviously. My last post proves this point.

Comment

Added you to my LJ friends, too Qasim. What was all that stuff about you being relaxed and chilled.... complete cartoffel, that was. There again, it told me that when I'm alone I like to do stuff to better myself. Obviously. My last post proves this point.
                I am extremely relaxed and cheerful upto a point but once you give me reason to be otherwise then theres no going back Sort of like a sleeping volcano.....
                love Torri

Comment

Think this one needs some captioning lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam

Teal'c crying isnt gonna retrieve those donuts from O'Neill's stomach
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam

Sam: It's only the White Page of Doom, Teal'c. No need to cry.

Comment

I am extremely relaxed and cheerful upto a point but once you give me reason to be otherwise then theres no going back Sort of like a sleeping volcano.....
                        I've always had you down as the mad hatter of the bunch, the energetic one.

Comment

I've always had you down as the mad hatter of the bunch, the energetic one.
                          I'll show you mad hatter!!!!!
                          love Torri

Comment

I'll show you mad hatter!!!!!
                            Talking of which.... you never completed your sentence yesterday.

Comment

Talking of which.... you never completed your sentence yesterday.
                              "If there is anything that the nonconformist hates more than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity."
                              love Torri

Comment

"If there is anything that the nonconformist hates more than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity."
                                Whatcha trying to do there? Confuse me and hope I'll shut up?

Comment

Working...
                                X