Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    (really, amanda is super babe material, so she needs super hunk material to work with)
    For those of you who are not aware she is referring to me
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Hi everyone Happy New Year!

Originally posted by Skydiver
      Oh, and here's an idea. I'm catholic, even if i'm not really a practicing one, so my holiday religious bits mainly consists of going to mass. (well, should, i'm not a church goer even though i did help decorate it this week)

but i don't know much about how Haunakka (which i know i massacred) is celebrated, or Kwanza, or Winter Solstice

would any folks who celebrate like to share with us the basics of what they do?
      I meant to respond to this earlier...

First I have to say that my family is extremely eclectic when it comes to religion. My grandma and grandpa are Catholic, my aunt is Christian, my sister is Jewish and my mom and I are Wiccan. We aren't real strict when it comes to beliefs. That's why I say Happy Holidays, but I don't care if people just say Merry Christmas since I have many family members who do celebrate it. I just think it's kind of cool when people remember holidays that aren't as recognised (such as Winter Solstice).

For me, well Wicca is based on old pagan beliefs. It is an earth based religion and every holiday has to do with either the seasons or the cycle of the moon. Most Wiccans believe that a god and/or godess make the changes on the earth and each holiday is a celebration of one of these changes. There is more to it, but that's the basics. The actual winter holiday is called Yule, but a lot of people call it Winter Solstice. Yule is a celebration held on the Winter Solstice which is the shortest day of the year. Originally, it was a day to celebrate the sun god returning to the sky, signaling the fact that the days would be getting longer and the weather would be warmer, which was good because there would be more oppurtunities to plant crops and raise livestock. Now it is still a celebration of this, but of course we don't have to worry about crops or livestock Except for the religious reasons behind the holidays, there are some similarities to Christmas and Yule. We have a Yule tree (looks just like a Christmas tree) and open presents which traditionally were handmade, but most people don't stick with that. We also have a dinner. It's a fun time, but like I say I am usually celebrating 3 different holidays during this time which is fine with me as it generally means more gifts and more food!
      Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
      Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

I'm sorry for the double post, but I thought the last one was getting a little long for me to add something else.

Well I have some bad news Currently I am using my parent's computer, but I am going to be moving in a few days and I don't know when I will get a chance to acquire a new comp. I know I'm not on here that much as it is, but now I won't be here at all, at least for a while. I'm going to be pretty busy the next few days, so I'm coming on here now to say goodbye I will really miss this thread and the great people on it! Keep the Samanda pride alive!
        Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
        Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatergeek257
          I'm sorry for the double post, but I thought the last one was getting a little long for me to add something else.

Well I have some bad news Currently I am using my parent's computer, but I am going to be moving in a few days and I don't know when I will get a chance to acquire a new comp. I know I'm not on here that much as it is, but now I won't be here at all, at least for a while. I'm going to be pretty busy the next few days, so I'm coming on here now to say goodbye I will really miss this thread and the great people on it! Keep the Samanda pride alive!
          Hope to see you again soon
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Comment

Geek!Sam
              love Torri

Comment

*bump*
                Its my sidearm I swear

Comment

love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    Thanks for another picture, this time one that makes me laugh!!!! Geek!Sam!
                    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

i wasn't really sure what sam meant when she said that (did she expect pete to a- get mad, b- plead for her to stay with him, c- say he'd give her time first, d- ???) , so...

how did amanda state it that she didn't like that part?

sally
                      An excellent question. What is there to say when you're dumping someone and all they say is, "I hope you get what you want".

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

First I have to say that my family is extremely eclectic when it comes to religion. My grandma and grandpa are Catholic, my aunt is Christian, my sister is Jewish and my mom and I are Wiccan. We aren't real strict when it comes to beliefs. That's why I say Happy Holidays, but I don't care if people just say Merry Christmas since I have many family members who do celebrate it. I just think it's kind of cool when people remember holidays that aren't as recognised (such as Winter Solstice).

For me, well Wicca is based on old pagan beliefs. It is an earth based religion and every holiday has to do with either the seasons or the cycle of the moon. Most Wiccans believe that a god and/or godess make the changes on the earth and each holiday is a celebration of one of these changes. There is more to it, but that's the basics. The actual winter holiday is called Yule, but a lot of people call it Winter Solstice. Yule is a celebration held on the Winter Solstice which is the shortest day of the year. Originally, it was a day to celebrate the sun god returning to the sky, signaling the fact that the days would be getting longer and the weather would be warmer, which was good because there would be more oppurtunities to plant crops and raise livestock. Now it is still a celebration of this, but of course we don't have to worry about crops or livestock Except for the religious reasons behind the holidays, there are some similarities to Christmas and Yule. We have a Yule tree (looks just like a Christmas tree) and open presents which traditionally were handmade, but most people don't stick with that. We also have a dinner. It's a fun time, but like I say I am usually celebrating 3 different holidays during this time which is fine with me as it generally means more gifts and more food!

Blessed Be. Couldn't have siad it better myself. Goddess be with you.
                        A life without ship is no life at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                          For those of you who are not aware she is referring to me
                          Hmmm, I think AD might have something to say about that....

Comment

Thank you for an interesting post, Gatergeek257.

Personally, I'm Catholic in upbringing. However, I can't help but feel that there is still a place, indeed a need, for us to have an affinity with the Earth and, for want of a better phrase, Mother Nature.

This particularly struck me on New Year's night 2005, when I came to the realisation that, amidst all the illuminated trees, inflatable Santas, and *normal* celebrations going on, the Earth and Nature were still slowly but surely going about their business. This feeling was further reinforced by the (then) recent events in Asia, something which Man, for all his modern-day knowledge and capacity for invention, had been powerless to prevent.

Just to keep this vaguely on-topic (for once ), it was revealed in AT's recent GW interview that Sam is apparently RC too. I'm certain that, even with her deeply scientific, analytical background, her experiences on this and other worlds would have inspired similar feelings of wonder and humility in her, feelings which are not necessarily dependant on the particular belief system to which she is nominally affiliated.

Hope this makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                              Hmmm, I think AD might have something to say about that....
                              Never mind AD... I have something to say about that!!!!
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

i wasn't really sure what sam meant when she said that (did she expect pete to a- get mad, b- plead for her to stay with him, c- say he'd give her time first, d- ???) , so...

how did amanda state it that she didn't like that part?

sally
                                I recall discussing this on another post a while back. I believe it was a Q&A, or an interview where Amanda said she thought the line a little out of character or unsympathetic. I'll definitely have to scour the posts for the exact wording. Maybe someone who remembers that conversation may have more info.

Just sayin', my take was that (a) she may have wanted him to get angry and tell her off, sort of a just punishment she was willing to undergo. Instead, he let her go. What she preferred to say I don't think was mentioned.
                                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                                sigpic
                                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
                                X