No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just like the idea of something a bit more fun / interesting. Even if it's just a simple rewording of the error page... even titling it the White Page Of Doom. You know? Just for a change. Or pics of the Gate cast. Everytime you refresh it posts a new random image. It would keep me entertained for hours, trying to work out how often I could get Sam.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Hhhhm. I can see it too. Quite worrying, that!
      Originally posted by JanSam
      ROFLMAO....Just picturing Traveler Enroute1 shooting computer screen with paint balls lol
      Hey! Everytime I splatted one, I'd say, "Take THAT for no Jack/Sam ship!" and "THAT for screwing up the chain of command!" and "THAT for mid-season layovers lasting months..."THAT for..."

Just sayin', yeah, quite worrying, that.
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
        Hey! Everytime I splatted one, I'd say, "Take THAT for no Jack/Sam ship!" and "THAT for screwing up the chain of command!" and "THAT for mid-season layovers lasting months..."THAT for..."

Just sayin', yeah, quite worrying, that.
        Don't forget "Take that for introducing Spud!" "Take that for letting him be the only guy to survive the Black Widow Curse" "Take that for cutting out the Engine Room Kiss" "Take that for more important and interesting storylines"

Hang on a mo....am I in the wrong thread here?
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I just like the idea of something a bit more fun / interesting. Even if it's just a simple rewording of the error page... even titling it the White Page Of Doom. You know? Just for a change. Or pics of the Gate cast. Everytime you refresh it posts a new random image. It would keep me entertained for hours, trying to work out how often I could get Sam.
          Egad! HOURS?? Perish that thought!

Just sayin', something interactive would be so cool 'cause it would stop us from getting steamed over the wait. Scrolling images would be a treat, though; Or I like having a title rather that white wasteland, too. Hmmm.
          sigpic

Comment

Don't forget "Take that for introducing Spud!" "Take that for letting him be the only guy to survive the Black Widow Curse" "Take that for cutting out the Engine Room Kiss" "Take that for more important and interesting storylines"

Hang on a mo....am I in the wrong thread here?
            LOL! Good fillers, Tracy Jane! How could I forget to splatt the intro and survival of Spud!! Then there's "THAT for putting Sam in GUP that way!" and "THAT for not letting Sam and Vala interact!"

Just sayin', guess there could be a lot of hours shootin' TPTB replicators! And if the new season ain't right, my trigger finger's waiting'...

NOTE: GW is VERY slow; trouble staying connected. Hope it clears soon.
            sigpic

Comment

hey guys, for anyone who's not too fond of sam/jack, got any sam/other Het fic that you're fond of?

you may want to consider nomming them here

It's that time of year again! Time for the SG-1 and (for the first
              time) Atlantis Secondary ship awards - the Isis Awards.

Many of you may remember our awards from last year. Well, this year
              we're (hopefully) going to be bigger and better, now that we've added
              the Atlantis secondary ships to the award.

As with last year, this award excludes the primary ship for each
              show, which we have determined is Sam/Jack for SG-1 and Sheppard/Weir
              for Atlantis. (I realize some may disagree with the decision to
              exclude Sheppard/Weir, but as it seems to be the most prevalent het
              pairing in Atlantis fandom, we're considering it the primary Atlantis
              ship for now regardless of where canon goes.) This award is to give
              the authors who write for pairings with lesser followings a chance
              for their day in the sun.

The site has been moved from last year, so please follow this link to
              reach the new site - http://isis.worldstowander.com/

Nominations open on January 1, and will remain open for two weeks.
              Please read the rules before nominating, as we have altered them
              slightly from last year.

I hope this year's awards go smoothly, and that everybody has a good
              time nominating, reading, and voting for their favourite fan
              fictions. Thanks to everybody who participates!

Meg and Azar

any non-popular het pairing is welcome, which IIRC, is anything but sam/jack in this case.

those folks that write the non-popular pairings often have a hard time at the mainstream awards, this gives them a chance to shine
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy New Year To All!

As the Carterfic Archive (www.samanthacarter.tk) is currently down, I recommend the Carterfic List at Fanfiction.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/1066/3/0/1/
                If you haven’t read it, I highly recommend Strix’s latest Samfic ‘Under Fire’
                http://vikingchick.gyrfalcon.net/underfire.htm

I also highly recommend Strix’s other fics at
                http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/stargate.htm
                Of note: please read ‘The Knife’s Edge of Madness’ if you are looking for a good evening’s read!!
                http://vikingchick.gyrfalcon.net/knife.htm

And Strix’s recs for other great Samfics
                (esp w/Sam-whumping)
                http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/whumping.htm

Here’s a few Sam vids that I hadn’t seen before:
                (at http://www.pink-martini.net/)

Ding Dong - Nellie McKay
                7.16MB and made on 5th January, 2006
                A Sam video which should in no way be taken seriously!
                http://www.pink-martini.net/fandom/s...g1dingdong.zip

The Analyst - Delta Goodrem
                4.69MB and made on 28th January, 2005
                http://www.pink-martini.net/fandom/s.../sganalyst.zip

Ladies Night- Atomic Kitten
                3.63MB and made on 25th November, 2003
                A SG1/CSI crossover and featuring Sam, Janet, Catherine and Sara
                http://www.pink-martini.net/fandom/s...ultiladies.zip

To one and all on the Samandan SaGC Thread - Carter Rocks!
                And I'm with MajorSal and all of the others who are looking forward to some smart, strong, sexy, good-natured snarky Sam! A little Command!Carter and Pilot!Sam would be great too!
                Last edited by astrogeologist; 06 January 2006, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  Ding Dong
                  I wonder what thats about....
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

astrogeologist is back!!!!! It's so good to hear from you. I hope you'll be able to come and play more often.

NC

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        astrogeologist is back!!!!! It's so good to hear from you. I hope you'll be able to come and play more often.

NC

Ditto, NC! Great to hear from you, astrogeologist!! I hope you will come back more often now!! I'll never forget your warm welcome to this thread, and fortunately this thread is still going strong! You are sorely missed!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          Happy New Year To All!
                          Astro! So good to see you! Hope you have a great new year!

Hugs,
                          Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                            Strong words for my mild opinion:
                            Spoiler:
                            I was referring to Sam's comment and demeanor when she told Pete "I thought you'd react differently." As AT herself said and I agreed, that seemed callous for her character.

Just sayin', it still jars me when I watch that scene although I'm glad the deed was done.
                            i wasn't really sure what sam meant when she said that (did she expect pete to a- get mad, b- plead for her to stay with him, c- say he'd give her time first, d- ???) , so...

how did amanda state it that she didn't like that part?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                              Actually Ben does have a point in regards to how the military handles things. Case in point, my pop is retired Navy and as his dependant, my mom sees a military doc as her primary care doc. Just last night she informed me that yet again, she will have to go to a NEW doc due to the fact that her last one is no longer stationed at the Army hospital she goes to to see the doc.

The military (no matter what branch) does stuff like that all the time, regardless of whether or not there is a seasoned leader already there. Personally, it's all about politics if you ask me. Seems to be the same here.

BB is a great guy and very humble (sometimes...he can be a ham though. ). He has had nothing but praise for the cast/crew of the show. Trust me, if he didn't like someone on the show, he would be polite and that's about all. He wouldn't praise them, imho if he didn't think they were worthy of it.

sun, since you know about ben a lot more than me, i have a question for you. (i hope i can present this correctly)

did ben seem a little... kind of like he was missing some enthusiasm for being on the show now? i've only read one of his interviews before, and i don't know what his personality really is like, but... i wasn't sure if i was picking up on things that weren't really there, but i just felt a bit of a 'downness' in comparison to the last interview i'd read. did you feel that at all?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                                You have issues with Sam's men? No way.

Personally I think Agent Barrett is adorable. In fact if I wasn't married I'd take him myself.

i think barrett is cute enough, but not HOT enough for sam/amanda.

(really, amanda is super babe material, so she needs super hunk material to work with)

i'm weird.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X