Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

And WhatFate, would you believe I'm the big 1-9 today?
    LOL oh the magic of time dilation.

Let me rephrase my birthday wishes then: A happy birthday I hope you have, young padawan....
    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

I love the fact that there is only a minute difference between our Carter and Replicarter, yet that difference has changed so so much. It's that fork in the road stuff again.

I'd love to write a fic dealing with how Sam felt about betraying Fifth actually.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Ooo that'd be cool. Actually, I've been trying to work up the nerve to start my own evil!Carter fic. Well, not evil necessarily, but not good either. I have this scenario stuck in my head for an AU story where Sam doesn't meet the SG folks through the military, where she and her brother grew up in (a really twisted version of) foster care and she had to use her insane knowledge of science(s) and math(s) to make money and keep them alive, so she's sort of like a street-hardened mercenary by the time she's an adult, making expensive toys (and cool inventions) for the highest bidder - sort of like a really smart, really high-tech weapons broker - and she goes by a pseudonym, and the government knows about her and they end up having to go "find her" because the world is ending or something like that (haven't figured that out yet). So Jack (who is in the AF) and an AU version of Daniel (also involved with the Stargate program) end up going to find her to see if they can get her to work for them, even though she's technically a 'criminal' - heh. And of course, it'd have to be a little Sam/Jack too. Now if I just had the gift to write (or the courage to start this one)! *sigh*
        I can't give you courage, but I'll give you some encouragement! I'd love to see this story! If you need a beta reader, I'd happily volunteer...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Man do I love Replicarter. I love seeing Amanda playing a bad girl. She does it oh so well. If the writers can't think of anything good to write for Carter, the least they could do is bring back RC and have her cause havoc with the Ori. *heavy sigh*
          I couldn’t decide which RepliCarter to use for the countdown. This was the other one. Didn’t I read that one of the ways Amanda made RC and Sam physically different was by setting her jaw differently for RC?

Comment

Ooo that'd be cool. Actually, I've been trying to work up the nerve to start my own evil!Carter fic. Well, not evil necessarily, but not good either. I have this scenario stuck in my head for an AU story where Sam doesn't meet the SG folks through the military, where she and her brother grew up in (a really twisted version of) foster care and she had to use her insane knowledge of science(s) and math(s) to make money and keep them alive, so she's sort of like a street-hardened mercenary by the time she's an adult, making expensive toys (and cool inventions) for the highest bidder - sort of like a really smart, really high-tech weapons broker - and she goes by a pseudonym, and the government knows about her and they end up having to go "find her" because the world is ending or something like that (haven't figured that out yet). So Jack (who is in the AF) and an AU version of Daniel (also involved with the Stargate program) end up going to find her to see if they can get her to work for them, even though she's technically a 'criminal' - heh. And of course, it'd have to be a little Sam/Jack too. Now if I just had the gift to write (or the courage to start this one)! *sigh*
            Sounds wonderfully tantalizing to me. I simply adore AU stories. I think they allow the characters to break from their normal molds. As much as I love Daniel, Jack, Sam and Teal'c just as they are, it's always nice to see different viewpoints of what they could have been .

Comment

Hey that is good, just not enougth fighting in it for me

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Sounds wonderfully tantalizing to me. I simply adore AU stories. I think they allow the characters to break from their normal molds. As much as I love Daniel, Jack, Sam and Teal'c just as they are, it's always nice to see different viewpoints of what they could have been .
                Well, since I already have a lot of it mapped out in my head, I might try to see whether I can actually start writing. I'm guessing the plot would make it end up a pretty long story.

Strix-I'll totally take you up on that beta offer if I can get it started! I love your writing. And I could use all the 'professional' help I can get! First fanfic and all...

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SPAZ!!!

But remember - beware of Geeks bearing GIFs...

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
                    gateguys sounds better
                    ... and yet, it doesn't have the same connotation as "girl", so it'd have to be "boy".

mini(just between us girls)geek
                    Er, excuse me... *raises hand*

Speaking as a forty-something, I reckon I qualify as a "Gatebloke", if that's OK with everybody?

And welcome to Samanda, Deano.

Comment

Well, since I already have a lot of it mapped out in my head, I might try to see whether I can actually start writing. I'm guessing the plot would make it end up a pretty long story.

Strix-I'll totally take you up on that beta offer if I can get it started! I love your writing. And I could use all the 'professional' help I can get! First fanfic and all...
                      Hooray!!! I love the fic plot!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                        Er, excuse me... *raises hand*

Speaking as a forty-something, I reckon I qualify as a *Gatebloke*, if that's OK with everybody?
                        That's okay with me, seeing as I'm "gatewomyn"!!!

Before I go take my FiberCon shake let me share that one of my friends suggested I go to Shore Leave as Wonder Woman. I guess I could make up a super hero costume and put a big honkin' G on the front....
                        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Niiiice Mini!!

Write it write it!!!

Ooh and I love your idea about blowing your sketch up and having everyone sign it too... that'd be awesome.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                            That's okay with me, seeing as I'm "gatewomyn"!!!

Before I go take my FiberCon shake let me share that one of my friends suggested I go to Shore Leave as Wonder Woman. I guess I could make up a super hero costume and put a big honkin' G on the front....
                            *high-fives WhatFateAlmondRoca*

*then realises that isn't a very British thing to do*

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                              *then realises that isn't a very British thing to do*

Tea and crumpets?
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

That sounds very cool. If you write it, I'll read it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X