Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani76
    Oh, and totally OT, since some of you asked for photos from my Peru trip, I put some of them online here, hope you enjoy!
    Excellent pics of Peru. What a beautiful country.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
      so when you're down like that, what's your favourite Sam ep to pick you up again?

I think I'd go for Ascension. It isn't my favourite Sam ep, but it is the one that reminds me the most about what I like about Sam.
      Favorite Sam eps huh?

Hathor - show's that Sam can take charge
      Singurlarity - show's a softer side of Sam
      Solitudes - show's that Sam expects a lot out of herself
      The Tok'ra - this completely revolves around Sam and her new abilities
      Out of Mind/Into the Fire - love how she goes back for Jack
      Foothold - Sam saves the day
      Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know - again totally revolves around Sam
      Nemesis - Sam saves the day again
      Beneath the Surface - scientist Sam, even when she's not

Then of course there's Entity, Gemini and Reckoning - which while they do have a Sam focus the reason I like them is because they show that AT can act her socks off and make you totally believe she's a totally different personality.
      sigpic

Comment

Oooh Sam has a wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Carter
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
          Ah Foothold! Yes of course *slaps forehead*. I don't know why I didn't think of that one. It is one of my all time favourite episodes, in my top five.

I don't think there's anything I don't like about it. It has everything. Real gasp on the edge of your seat moments (when she shoots 'Jack' and 'Major Davis'), and I just felt like cheering when she delivered that line to Maybourne "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week! Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!"

I was totally engrossed in this episode, to the point where I didn't even realise I'd suspended my disbelief. By the time Sam puts on the device so she looks like Daniel, I was watching Sam disguised as Daniel, not Michael Shanks pretending to be Amanda Tapping pretending to be Daniel Jackson! Poor Jack when he has to put his hand down the pretend-Frasier's shirt to get the device.

Yes this is definitely now my remember why Sam is so great episode!

ChevronSeven - funnily enough I never think of Rite of Passage as a Sam episode, more as a Janet episode. I do think of Hathor as a Sam episode though. Now what would they have done if it hadn't been for her then!
          I remember watching the ep for the 3 or 4 or 10th time (don’t remember which) when I had the same epiphany. It was weird some type of ethereal thought that I somehow saw Sam (Amanda Tapping) acting the sequences disguised as Daniel and I had to remind my self that that was Michael Shanks acting his own character.... weird.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Fave Sam episodes? Easy...

Singularity
            Solitudes
            Point of View
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Urgo and Upgrades are two eps I watch to cheer me up.

Happy birthday, dancer of spaz!

My LJ

Comment

Happy Birthday Spaz

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Happy Birthday The Dancer of Spaz

Comment

SpaZzzzzz!

Happy Birthday Girl !!!

Woohoo!
                    What did ya wish for?!?!!?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      What did ya wish for?!?!!?
                      Resists the urge to shout out 'Smack Forever'
                      love Torri

Comment

Awww. Upgrades. That was cute. I still love the Changeling, though not really a Sam ep as such.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                          Happy Birthday Spaz

Hey, Qas, I think her cake is on fire!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Urgo and Upgrades are two eps I watch to cheer me up.

Happy birthday, dancer of spaz!
                            I absolutely adore the episode Urgo. VERY funny. "Boobala!!!"

Happy Birthday, Dancer! Now you're 29 just like me....
                            If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                            proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                            Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                              I absolutely adore the episode Urgo. VERY funny. "Boobala!!!"

Happy Birthday, Dancer! Now you're 29 just like me....
                              And me! Gaaahh I turn 30 in... ulp.... 3 days!!!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dancer of Spaz!
                                Hope you have a good one!!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X