Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamFan31
    Whoops! Where's ChopinGal, or did I just miss her? Hmmm, maybe a software bug?
    Holy Hannah ... out of sight, out of mind! Guess that's what happens when you leave town for the holidays ...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      I agree with this. I think AT would probably most appreciate something original like MG's sketch. And if MG is willing to let us add our signatures to it, I think that's very gracious of her.
      Count me in ... er, that's if I've made "10 posts or more" to this thread!

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
        Whoops! Where's ChopinGal, or did I just miss her? Hmmm, maybe a software bug?
        Laugh,she was at the top of the list. I must have accidently deleted her name when I copied the list over. I've fixed the list.

My bad.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca

P.S. SAL: please don't be quiet - I like to hear from you!

thanks.

i choose to be quiet, though, because i have literally nothing to offer except negativity. now, if i had some positivity too, then i'd post more and go between the two. but with just negativity... i don't want to subject ppl to nothing *but* that. so when the show gives me something to be positive about, i'll peep up. (believe me, i'm doing you a favor )

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            unfortunately yes. in some ways it was rather cliche of them, especially since, IIRC, in his first inception pete was to have been a reporter, but there was a real reporter in denver by that name so they made him a cop
            so if they'd kept their original idea and had pete a reporter, how much you want to bet we'd still be hearing 'it's just a reporters' instinct' that made him do the background check, etc?

it would have been nice to have seen Pete NOT dig into things. NOT be a threat. NOT be an 'embarrassment'.

would have been original
            yes. and it would have been nice because sam wouldn't have looked like a doormat for putting up with it then.

(i'm doing it again)

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi,

I've been reading posts here on and off through the holidays. Always felt like someone had covered my opinion by the time I read them. But... I've found a reason for my first post

I have to throw out thoughts on Pete. I agree he was doomed from the start, but they could have made it a more interesting ride.

As a cop. he should've understood why Sam couldn't talk about her job.
              Would he talk about open cases and evidence? Hopefully not.

I didn't get why the FBI would find our her file was "scrubbed". Why would it have to be? She's an officer in the Air Force adnd works at Cheyenne Mountain. There's no reason they'd have to no more than that, especially on a request that had no reason to be made.

And his following her did me in, because it showed the lack of trust.

I've enjoyed Sam as a character. The bad as well as the good should make her a stronger character. If TPTB don't know what to do with the character, maybe they could do an internet search. There are a lot of interesting women in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

I'm trying very hard to remain positive about everything. But it's not easy sometimes. Especially given I've asked (and seen other ask) about those strong!Sam aspects (pilot!Sam, leader!Sam, etc) a few times already and been told "not likely" or "not as yet", by Joe M.

(snip)

Also, given they'll want to flesh out Cameron (and likely Vala), as new characters with shiny-clean-slates in terms of backstory, Sam's personal tribulations will almost certainly take a back burner to those new elements. I I know the writing team has already said they feel she's been the most developed of all the characters and that 'the others' need their time to shine now.
                see, this is what's so infuriating. they've given mitchell sam's command role and given vala sam's x-host role, and *then* say they don't know what to write for sam. hello, stop giving away sam's character strokes!

That's my worst-case scenario for Sam. I'm certainly hoping it doesn't end up that way, but it's a prediction I'm afraid I have to make, given current (and future) storylines.
                my worst case scenario for sam? that she'll just 'exist', without any color or flavor. no storylines *for/about* sam, just being there as part of a team. *shudders*

I have hope, of course. I always have hope. But at the end of the day, I'm a realist as well, and the reality is that the current writing team has been lacking the inspiration I feel they once had. I'm not sure why that is, but I can definitely see it in the current stories so far, and character developments. New blood on the writing team would be tremendous at this point, I think. Female blood even more-so if you were to ask me.
                i see it happening to every long running show. (which is prob why they're canceled) look what bland writing did to the star trek franchise.

i think ALL tv writers should be required to watch their first few seasons, everytime they're in hiatis. i think they not only forget what gave their show 'it', but how to write it.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  sif we need calendar making software when we have Lys
                  I don't have any calendar making software AD. It was all good old Photoshopping and calendar patterns. No software at all.
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                    Oh, and totally OT, since some of you asked for photos from my Peru trip, I put some of them online here, hope you enjoy!
                    Dani ! Those are wonderful pics. The geek in me is jealous of you and would like to take your place on the trip.
                    I hope you had a good time in Peru and enjoyed the stay.
                    Did I mention that I'm jealous ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      I don't have any calendar making software AD. It was all good old Photoshopping and calendar patterns. No software at all.
                      That was my point. Our calendar making software is Lys

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        soon after gabit was annonced we discussed some appareal that we could get made to make the samandans stand out at the various cons amanda will be at this year.

folks weren't too crazy about a t-shirt, especially given that it can be hard to manage sizes and the such, however they did like the idea of a patch, something that can be sewn onto a shirt or jacket. I can't remember what page the samples are on, but i made a couple of round samples and was inviting others to put forth ideas, also checking out the feasibilty of getting the patches made if folks agree.

it was also discussed that, since we'll likely have to get more made than we need, to get permission to sell those extras at at least the gabit con, with the profits going to one of amanda's charities.

this is also something that's still in the discussion phase because we don't know if folks like it, if folks are wanting to do it and, if htey agree and like the idea, we then have to discuss it with the gabit folks and get their blessing
                        I still like the idea of the patches. Maybe we could put these smilies on them too!

Darn, wish I could afford Gabit too .

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          That was my point. Our calendar making software is Lys
                          AD, I'm going to make you a special calendar only for yourself with my february pic repeated for each month. Now, tell me if you can survive that.

Comment

Originally posted by gatenv
                            Hi,
                            Hey gatenv! Always great to see new faces around here

I didn't get why the FBI would find our her file was "scrubbed". Why would it have to be? She's an officer in the Air Force adnd works at Cheyenne Mountain. There's no reason they'd have to no more than that, especially on a request that had no reason to be made.
                            My assumption was that he'd have put two and two together from reading her official service file. There'd be a whole heap of highly classified info in that - litterally years of blank spots starting from pretty much the moment she started to work on the stargate project and maybe even before. The FBI agent would have realised that she's involved in some top-secret stuff

Comment

speaking of calendars, ... did anyone notice that Amanda was not included in that Women of SciFI calendar that Shanks and Judge put together and are selling. Teryl Rothery & Lexa Doig is in it, but Amanda isn't__. ___ Kinda makes you go.... hhhhmmm. I wonder if they didn't ask or if she said no.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                AD, I'm going to make you a special calendar only for yourself with my february pic repeated for each month. Now, tell me if you can survive that.
                                Haha I'll just go photochop that pic out and put Myrth's one in instead (she'll know which one I mean )

Comment

Working...
                                X