Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    I appreciate what the idea of Pete did for Sam.

She loosened up.

She experienced a real, honest to goodness relationship with a guy who didn't die.

She challenged herself to think beyond the Jack box.

And when push came to shove, she realized that what Pete offered wasn't up her alley...both because he wanted more of a domesticated life than she would have wanted and also because she came to realize her heart really belonged to Jack.

I think because TPTB did such an extensive job exploring Sam's heart and her emotions, that she is the least likely of the entire group to be officially shipped with anyone onscreen again...except of course with the person they made her canonly have feelings for and he for her.

But you know? I love Sam. Full stop. I love ship and hope that TPTB address this issue again in the future some time, otherwise I'd be depressed from the extreme let down of the Season 8 build up. Myrth tells me to keep my chin up because she's convinced that when they can...when the time's right...I'll get my flirty Jack/Sam moments I'm craving.

But then I'm also craving some Sam/Cassandra moments too! What a missed opportunity not showing any scenes or giving any insight into this relationship. Sam as a mother to her beloved Cassie. Do they talk about Janet? Why was Cassie having a problem? Is it resolved now?

Until either of those things come to pass, I'll sate myself on Scientist!Sam and GunTotin'!Sam and hope for the best.
    Yes yes and yes. Again, STILL so much to explore for Sam's character.
    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Hey, yet more milestones in the annals of Samanda!!!

1200 pages - 24000 posts

Kinda neat, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Caption This:
        Daniel: It's no good Sam, I still don't get it.

Sam: What's brown and sticky? A stick. Hee hee hee hee...

Daniel: Er, nope...

or

Daniel: Gee, thanks Sam, that's really great!!! thinks: So, you went all the way to London, and all you brought me back was this lousy pencil...
        Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 03 January 2006, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
          Yes yes and yes. Again, STILL so much to explore for Sam's character.
          CONGRATULATIONS

almondroca has the honor of post 24000!!!!!!!!
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i think another reason sam chose pete, pete was safe. sam could control him. he deferred to her, he was civilian, he was different from the guys she spends her whole day with, studly testosterone laced men with weapons who are trained in the military mindset.

she wanted something different. possibly, in an effort to avoid the 'he's just a copy of jack' she went for the polar opposite of jack, which is pete

it'd be like the daughter, sister adn grand daughter of doctors deciding that she needed to pair up with an auto mechanic instead of the doctor everyone would expect her to pair up with.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
              Daniel: It's no good Sam, I still don't get the joke. What's brown and sticky?

Sam: A stick!!! Hee hee hee hee...

or

Daniel: Gee, thanks Sam, that's really great!!! thinks: So, you went all the way to London, and all you brought me back was this lousy pencil...
              but it's a BRITISH pencil. it's special.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                but it's a BRITISH pencil. it's special.
                *sits looking at pencil*

Nah, Sky, I don't think so. But if you *really* think a British pencil is that special....!

Talking of why Sam chose Pete, I think you're right. He's not the kind of guy she works with, he is different, yet he does (or should) still have enough strength, seeing as he's a police officer. At the end of the day, she needs someone strong because of what she goes through everyday, and the risk he runs of losing her.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  I'm with Myrth on this one - mmmm back!pr0n *drool*
                  Finally picked myself off the floor, and all I have to add to the conversation is

*thunk*

Oops. Did it again!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i could go for that!

i would *so* love to see sam-cassie interactions again. and no offense to the original actress, but i much prefer the teenaged cassie (from rite of passage) because the newer version of this character had spunk and then some. okay, she was a bit of a brat, but that would be interesting to see sam have to deal with a cassie like this on a regular basis.

i still can't believe they've haven't written sam missing janet more. and i still can't believe that it took a year and a half later for the writers to address what's going on with cassie.

here's hoping the ptb write in some sam-cassie moments into season 10.

(see how i'm trying to be positive?)

sally
                    Shipper though I am, I really think that Sam's relationship with Cassie is far more important to her character development than that with Jack. The odd mention or phone call over the years would have been great. I was disgusted at the lack of Sam-Cassie interaction following Heroes. I mean, surely Sam is practically her mother now.

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                      Caption This:
                      uhh, Sam, what do these two blue lines mean?
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                        uhh, Sam, what do these two blue lines mean?
                        LOL!! That's exactly what I was thinking too when I saw that pic!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Shipper though I am, I really think that Sam's relationship with Cassie is far more important to her character development than that with Jack. The odd mention or phone call over the years would have been great. I was disgusted at the lack of Sam-Cassie interaction following Heroes. I mean, surely Sam is practically her mother now.
                          Well there was the comment at the beginning of this season about her needing a job (at area 51) where she could spend more time with Cassie.

I too would love to see more Cassie and Sam interaction, and not just a mention of it. Cassie is a character that has a lot of potential still for future storylines.

Ivanova! ROFLMAO! You said what I was thinking...but too shy to say!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                            Well there was the comment at the beginning of this season about her needing a job (at area 51) where she could spend more time with Cassie.

I too would love to see more Cassie and Sam interaction, and not just a mention of it. Cassie is a character that has a lot of potential still for future storylines.

Ivanova! ROFLMAO! You said what I was thinking...but too shy to say!
                            Yeah, but that was one comment, two seasons too late.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS

almondroca has the honor of post 24000!!!!!!!!
                              MUA-ha-ha!!! My cunning plan comes to fruition....

Nah, actually I was just trying to hit 500...
                              If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                              proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                              Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Hellooo, everyone! Long time no read.

Actually, I do read the last page of this thread everytime I come into the forum, but, as in this case, also, it's always at the tail ends of several different convos, and I just don't have the time to read back, let alone respond. Sorry.

i think another reason sam chose pete, pete was safe. <snip>
                                she wanted something different. possibly, in an effort to avoid the 'he's just a copy of jack' she went for the polar opposite of jack, which is pete

it'd be like the daughter, sister adn grand daughter of doctors deciding that she needed to pair up with an auto mechanic instead of the doctor everyone would expect her to pair up with.
                                I liked the idea of Pete, but I'd always hoped Sam's fallback guy would have been her auto mechanic. It just would have tied in so nicely with Sam's own backstory - of which we were always told more than we were shown.<grumbles>

Instead of that silly cafe scene we could have been treated to a grease-smeared Sam&Pete on the garage floor under her Volvo a la Sam&Daniel under the mine in Serpent's Venom. In place of the insipid park scene we could have seen them in leather bike gear, leaning on their Harleys whilst looking out over the mountains where Pete could have popped the question. (I would have definitely still kept in the classy Sam goes dancing scene, though. )

IMO, making Pete a cop was a pitiful plot-prop having nothing to do with Sam.
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X