Clear All

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
    grrrl, you are BAAAD
    Me? Bad?!? Oh wait... does this make me a troublemaker? *Gives a sly grin*
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
      Caption This:
      I can't think of a clever caption but it looks like Daniel is either A) taking someone's temperature or B) learning how to use a dipstick. Something about the recent storylines running low on motor oil suggests itself ...
      My Caption:

Daniel: What is this stick here?

Sam: Its a chopstick.

Lame I know, but I'm tired. te he he
      tek ma'tek

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        And as to what I think when Pete is around? 'Go back to the bedroom scene in Chimera!'
        And, with this post, Psychic!Sloganizer has apparently been visiting AD's subconscious. The caption with the pic is "I wish I had a Sam Carter."

Is Sloganizer treating you to the better captions on a more regular basis now, AD? Or is the AnnoyingPerformanceCharacteristics!Plugin still on line for you?
        ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
          And, with this post, Psychic!Sloganizer has apparently been visiting AD's subconscious. The caption with the pic is "I wish I had a Sam Carter."

Is Sloganizer treating you to the better captions on a more regular basis now, AD? Or is the AnnoyingPerformanceCharacteristics!Plugin still on line for you?
          Yupp. AD, I'm with ya! I mean, look at her go in the hallway. Err....keep it PG, keep it PG. And then she's all gooey and insecure and gorgeous in the morning and you just want to cuddle her and hold her tight for ever and ever and ever and oh my goodness me....listen to me go!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Yupp. AD, I'm with ya! I mean, look at her go in the hallway. Err....keep it PG, keep it PG. And then she's all gooey and insecure and gorgeous in the morning and you just want to cuddle her and hold her tight for ever and ever and ever and oh my goodness me....listen to me go!!!!
            Haha, you nailed it perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra

Yeah, I've been getting some good ones now

Like the one it had just before - "My Sam Carter beats everthing", while she's looking at the selection of desserts from The Changeling

Comment

If a better story was written I would have liked Pete a little better. It was fun to watch Sam unwind and not have to save the world. She was able to have a little fun. It brought a new level to the character besides the tough, round the clock scientist soldier we usually see. However, I think the writers blew it when they wrote the stake out scene; it was just a little too much for my taste. I think if Sam and Pete had argued about how he ended up there and maybe he offered a reasonable explanation as to why he was there, I would have accepted Pete a little better. Give me something as to why Sam would still be with him after he apparently followed her to the stake out.

As far as Adrian Paul being cast as Pete. Well that would give Jack a real run for his money. I think DdL is the cutest of all his brothers, but as my mom said when she and I were talking about the show. 'He seemed too immature and high schoolish for Sam.' Now Adrian Paul on the other hand would have been … yummy and a much better pairing for Sam.

EDIT (DON'T READ IF YOU AREN'T A SHIPPER): It would have forced JAck to react. I think it would stop the dance Sam and JAck have been doing for years. Jack would finally admit how he felt. Sam would follow her heart and know what she had with Pete (Adrain Paul) was a very nice distraction and JAck is really the one she wants.
                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 02 January 2006, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Haha, you nailed it perfectly
                  You just get everything with Sam Carter. You get this really hot woman who can just go... I mean she is a very active and physical woman, she's got all that military training and stuff. She's also fun and likes a laugh and a joke and has a very playful side, she has this wonderful romantic angle, and of course, the lovely insevure baby who you want to squee and hold and...awwwww.

It's no wonder every second man to wander through the gate falls in love with her, really. I think, to be fair, a woman like that, even if she looked like the back end of a horse, you'd still be madly in love.

Well, I would, anyway.

So....AD, I've gotta bone to pick with you. Someone's been telling me that Santa delivered you a second Sam clone to go with your other one and your Janet clone. I'm getting very upset. I think Santa must work for Amazon, cos mine *still* hasn't arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    So....AD, I've gotta bone to pick with you. Someone's been telling me that Santa delivered you a second Sam clone to go with your other one and your Janet clone. I'm getting very upset. I think Santa must work for Amazon, cos mine *still* hasn't arrived.
                    Haha, who's been telling you those tales

Well, if Vala keeps up the way she's going (after TPTB), I'll be off to order a Vala clone soon. I'll put in a good word for you then

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      OK I'm so bad, I'm sneaking out of our own party for five seconds to check my darn email (how pathetic is that?) lol 11pm and counting!

Anyway, saw on another thread that prion posted AT is in a NY Times article. Neat read. Makes you go "hmmmm". Kinda contradicts a few things we'd been told about the purpose of season nine though, interestingly. I wonder if they're accurate about it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/01/ar...1tv-cover.html

Ok... back to the wine and cheese!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
                      mini
                      Thanks for the article Minigeek. I was glad they started the article with AT! The fact that the show is getting some recognition for the length of time it has been on the air and the part AT has played in the duration of the show is great!

Comment

you realize we're gonna hit post 24,000 tomrrow????
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with many of the comments tonight about Pete just not being the right man for Sam. For me part of the issues I had with Pete had to with the fact that he just seemed too young and immature for Sam. He just didn't fit the image I had of the type of man that attracted Sam's interest. If you looked at all the other men Sam has showed any interest in, they were all much older than Sam, except for Pete. Jack, Narim and Hanson ( or the actor's who portrayed them ) were all at least ten years older than Amanda and Amanda is suppose to be at least five years older than Sam. Orlin and Martouf were both much older and wiser than they appeared to be. To me, it wasn't simply a matter of age, it was more a combination of maturity, intelligence and wisdom.

Jack may not have always come across as mature. He often acted like a child, but we also saw a very serious side to Jack which balanced things out and I think Sam saw enough of this side over the nine years she worked with him to see that there is a lot more to Jack than what meets the eye. So I could believe that she found him attractive.

In Pete's case, he just came across as goofy to me. I was never given an opportunity to really see a side that would balance the goofiness. Therefore, I just couldn't wrap my mind around the idea that Sam could be happy with Pete long term. Not being a shipper, I really didn't have an issue with Sam dating someone other than Jack; but in my opinion Pete was just a very poor choice for Sam and the writer's never wrote Pete in a way that made me feel differently about him.

I know some people feel as if Sam treated Pete badly in Threads; that she basically used him for over a year, but I don't believe this was really the case. I don't believe Sam meant to hurt or use Pete anymore than he meant to treat her badly in the beginning. I think in Sam's case, she just wanted to experience happiness for once and she thought/hoped Pete could give that to her. I don't think she was being malicious, because I really think she was trying to make things work with Pete up until the end. Yes, she may have always carried a torch for Jack and she may have willingly entered a relationship with Pete knowing she cared for someone else at the same time, but caring for someone is not a crime. She never openly cheated on Pete. She never entered another relationship with another man while she was with him. Could she have ended the relationship better? Perhaps, but I think in the end, she was really doing them both a favor by severing the relationship.

Oh, and I definitely think AP would have a been a much more believable choice for Sam. Hell, even someone like Colson would have been much more believeable to me. And in my opinion it would have allowed the writers a much better chance to add angst to the S/J relationship without making it seem so one sided. Honestly, before season seven, I never really thought Sam had a real interest in Jack. I thought she was attracted to him, but Sam always seemed to be more interested in her work where as Jack seemed to be the one who wanted more. So I think having someone like AP playing Pete would have given a bit more balance to the whole S/J relationship. And as someone else said, if it didn't work out for S/J, I would still have enjoyed watching Sam with her boyfriend. That is if they didn't make Pete seem just as pathetic with AP playing the part.
                          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 02 January 2006, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                            I've been kinda hard on the whole Pete deal, but I was rewatching Threads and have kinda had a change of heart. At the end when he says to Sam: "I hope get what you want" I thought that was pretty selfless. So maybe he wasn't so much controlling or manipulative as just maybe like a big awkward untrained puppy in love. What do you think?
                            that the writers should have left out the second half of chimera, and then pete really would have been a good guy for sam. of course, being the HUGE s/j shipper that i am, pete was only a stand-in until jack could come up to bat.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Daniel: So how do you suppose he got one of these things in there?
                              Sam: I really don't know, but just smile and pretend like you don't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                                daniel: 'uh, i put this thermometer where, sam?.... '

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X