Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    I blame poor writing (and a cheesy plot device) for Pete's stalkerish behavior, and I always thought of him as a pretty nice guy.
    I am inclined to agree he seemed an ok guy and then they made him out to be a complete ******** in my eyes
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Well looks like we have had a lot of folks viewing the thread today so maybe it's time for a little

Caption This:
      Daniel: "Its in Asguard: 'Confucious say "Bad plot device haunt you till the end.'"
      Sam: "Welcome to MY life"
      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        Agent Dark, I read earlier that you are 17. Is that true? You seem older.
        yes, by 3 years

And as to what I think when Pete is around? 'Go back to the bedroom scene in Chimera!'

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          yes, by 3 years

And as to what I think when Pete is around? 'Go back to the bedroom scene in Chimera!'
          Oh my... Well... Hmmm... What do I say to this?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Oh my... Well... Hmmm... What do I say to this?

Comment

see, i don't quite see pete as a stalker. immature? yes. childish and a bit rude? sure. but, at the root of it all, pete fell into a plot hole and never dug his way out.

for many, he became a stalker when he showed up at the stake out and they never explained just HOW he found it. part of this is the writers not realizing that colorado springs is not some 3 horse town, it's a sprawling metropolis akin to kansas city, st louis even denver. you don't just happen to be driving down a street and find a stakeout. there are thousands of streets in teh springs.

so, since htey never explained how pete got to the stake out it was presumed that he followed sam, thus earning hte moniker of a stalker. what the writers needed to do was come up with a solution. maybe pete talked to his cop friends? or maybe, my favorite, instead of mark introducing them, what if daniel had? then pete would have an excuse to be at daniel's

and, well to be honest and i'm not dissing ddl, he seems to be a sweet guy, but i do think if pete had been played by anyone but a producer's brother he never woulda lasted past the first episode
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                Just ask the guy who sits next to me at work, and watches Stargate too, how much whingeing I did that they should have hired Adrian Paul to play Pete Shanahan....
                No arguing with your preference ... but wouldn't Mr. Paul have given RDA a pretty close run for his money? People might have actually thought Sam was crazy to break up with him.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Caption This:
                  I can't think of a clever caption but it looks like Daniel is either A) taking someone's temperature or B) learning how to use a dipstick. Something about the recent storylines running low on motor oil suggests itself ...

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Hey im new here but i just wanted to say that i loved the character of Pete, i thought he bought a comedic relief back to Stargate as i thought it was starting to loose its funny touch and was becoming quite serious. And also, i never really saw Pete as a threat to the whole Sam/Jack relationship, you see Sam and Jack are meant to be and if it took her dating Pete to find that out then so be it.

SuSiE_SG1
                    Major Sam/Jack Shipper!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      Happy New Year !
                      Peace and happiness for all of you in 2006 !

Sorry if I've been a little out of the Samandan loop lately. I was working on a little project with January 1st as the deadline.

Many of you have been happy with the advent calendar and asked me for a full year one. So, here's my little present for 2006, a SG1 calendar with UK and US versions for the beginning of the week. No new characters on this one, not that I don't want to play with them, but I needed high quality pictures and couldn't find any for season 9 episodes.

Cover

UK version:

January
                      February
                      March
                      April
                      May
                      June
                      July
                      August
                      September
                      October
                      November
                      December

US version:

January
                      February
                      March
                      April
                      May
                      June
                      July
                      August
                      September
                      October
                      November
                      December

Now, I'm going to catch up with the thread.
                      Wow!! I love the calendar Lys!! I couldn't give you any green. Thanks for sharing your talents and for all your hard work! I like all the team moments you included! Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                        No arguing with your preference ... but wouldn't Mr. Paul have given RDA a pretty close run for his money? People might have actually thought Sam was crazy to break up with him.
                        Now I'm perplexed. You say that like giving RDA a run for his money has to be a bad thing.

If nothing else it would have added a bit of verisimilitude to the procedings - as in Pete could have at least resembled *real* competition for Jack if AP were playing him, instead of being an obvious ('I'm the producer's brother') place filler. If the relationship had, er, looked better, it would have upped the conflict potential immensely (which is not to say that DdL is unsightly)(though it is to say that the 'dancing at the anniversary party' scene might have achieved a whole new level of watchability ) and made Pete seem like a realistic threat to what Jack felt for/wanted with Sam, which would have, hopefully, drawn a greater response to Pete from Jack. And that would have lead to more intensity of feelings and drama - one hopes.

And, if the Good Ship SamNJack somehow didn't sail, well, hey - if Sam married Pete-as-played-by-Adrian-Paul, I'd have some hope that I'd get to gaze at her husband on occasion too, wouldn't I?
                        ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Simhavaktra wrote

And, if the Good Ship SamNJack somehow didn't sail, well, hey - if Sam married Pete-as-played-by-Adrian-Paul, I'd have some hope that I'd get to gaze at her husband on occasion too, wouldn't I?

Simhavaktra, your not the only one.

ETA: Even thou AP is very nice to look at and I love the accent (sorry, always had a thing about British accents). I think her heart belongs to Jack.
                          Last edited by LaCroix; 02 January 2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                            If he’s not yummy, may I refer to Adrian Paul as scrumptious?

“The Void” is the beginning of my journey from an ‘oh, I’ve heard of that, haven’t I?’ occasional Stargate SG-1 viewer to an Amanda Tapping fan. (Well, that, ancient Egyptian, and the executive conference room in my company’s corporate headquarters. ) It truly is one of those movies where I found myself thinking negative things about the plot (fear not - stalwartly not going there), but, never Amanda's nor Adrian's acting. Amanda’s acting is a joy to watch in it – think AU Dr. Carter who not only never joined the Air Force, she never had contact with the Stargate program, either. In fact, Amanda did such a fine non cliché scientist (none of that old-maid female scientist, de-sexed by hypertrophy of the intellectual organs and unaware that there is such a thing as emotion, or, for that matter, life outside work, which is the image that one is all too often presented as a fait accompli, and/or the ideal to be sought, for female scientists in fiction, and, especially science fiction) with an actual life, history, needs, adult relationship conflicts, angst, and difficulty making them all work together, that I began to make an effort to watch SG-1, then a point of watching it, and, next thing I knew I was a far more than bona fide fan.

Hmm... Maybe I ought to gather up all those pieces of paper scribbled over with bits and pieces of a Sam/Duncan MacLeod crossover/AU fic and try to make something of them... right after I find out if any of my new hieroglyphic fonts have the sign for 'mee' that I want to use as a determinant for śb3... Oh, cool - these fonts are good!

Here we go, entertaining moments in pharonic Egyptian -

The phonetic, more or less hieroglyphically correct version of śb3 / chappa'ai:

Or the less correct, but, more amusing rebus version:

śb3 / chappa'ai means both "star" and "gate" in pharonic Egyptian, and that hollow rectangle is the glyph for "gate" while the last sign in both images, the hollow ring, is "mee" - a "metal ring".
                            Thanks for the Info, I always woundered about that...
                            tek ma'tek

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                              Wow!! I love the calendar Lys!! I couldn't give you any green. Thanks for sharing your talents and for all your hard work! I like all the team moments you included! Thanks again!
                              Seriously, Lys! This is so cool! Thanks for posting the whole thing, because it's really great! And thanks for incorporating the whole team.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                see, i don't quite see pete as a stalker. immature? yes. childish and a bit rude? sure. but, at the root of it all, pete fell into a plot hole and never dug his way out.

for many, he became a stalker when he showed up at the stake out and they never explained just HOW he found it. part of this is the writers not realizing that colorado springs is not some 3 horse town, it's a sprawling metropolis akin to kansas city, st louis even denver. you don't just happen to be driving down a street and find a stakeout. there are thousands of streets in teh springs.

so, since htey never explained how pete got to the stake out it was presumed that he followed sam, thus earning hte moniker of a stalker. what the writers needed to do was come up with a solution. maybe pete talked to his cop friends? or maybe, my favorite, instead of mark introducing them, what if daniel had? then pete would have an excuse to be at daniel's

and, well to be honest and i'm not dissing ddl, he seems to be a sweet guy, but i do think if pete had been played by anyone but a producer's brother he never woulda lasted past the first episode
                                You gotta point there, Sky. As you say, the writers just skimmed over the plot a bit, probably due to time constraints and stuff.

But, having said that, the large number of shippers meant that he was pretty much doomed from the start.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X