Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Yes, Ms. T rocks indeed. I remember Bam-Bam (the stunt guy) even responded to my question a few months back and confirmed that "cool" is a word that applies to her. If she's actually braving this page, it must be weird for her. Queen, Samanda etc? But it sounds like she did appreciate the Big Red Book, so she knows we're just appreciative and wacky, not dangerous.

Well said jckfan55!

And let me add, Ms. T, don't let my love of both your character and Claudia's character scare you. I'm just happy to have such equally talented powerhouse ladies on ONE show. How sweet is that?
    Very much looking forward to my treck to the great white north in March to finally meet you.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I was on the second page. Let me get the ZPM from my lab for a boost back to the top!!!
      Ah, that's better!
      sigpic

Comment

Something was where it doesn't belong

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

A little boost to the top for my lovely leading lady.

I'm a little bit awed by the whole Gabit thing. I soooo know I'm gonna burst into tears and be all star struck!

Anyone want to room share with this wacko?? Pm, me please!!!
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra

Something was where it doesn't belong
            Sim, glad to see the return of the little guy. Even if he is a bit confused!

Comment

ok, here's a plot bunny/discussion topic/fic challenge

I was watching shades of grey this week as background for a fic. and i noticed, among other things, that sam was standing right beside makepeace when he picked up the asgard thingie and shoved it into his jacket

ok, since they were surprised, we can consider that none of them noticed robert doing his little illegal import.

but what if sam did? what if she saw something, noticed something, said something.

would she speak up? go to hammond? try to deal with it on her own? put two and two together adn think that jack was in league with robert?

what would sam do?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

I was watching shades of grey this week as background for a fic. and i noticed, among other things, that sam was standing right beside makepeace when he picked up the asgard thingie and shoved it into his jacket

ok, since they were surprised, we can consider that none of them noticed robert doing his little illegal import.

but what if sam did? what if she saw something, noticed something, said something.

would she speak up? go to hammond? try to deal with it on her own? put two and two together adn think that jack was in league with robert?

what would sam do?
                I have always thought that Sam suspected there was more to it, and that Jack was perhaps undercover. Sam is military trained and I think she would know to stay quiet or go to Gen. Hammond. Rather she saw Makepeace or not, I don't think she took the situation at face value. IMO anyway.
                sigpic
                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

sam could have suspected that something was going on. of course, she could have also been questioning her own judgement, wondering how she'd been so far off base in trusting jack.

I've always had this idea for a whump fic that sam sees the device. makepeace finds out and then....well what would he do? how far would he go? would he try to turn her? shut her up? intimidate her? kill her?

unfortunately, i can never come up with a reason to whump her, other than whumping her

another thing to consider is foothold. in that situation, sam went outside of her chain of command because she knew that it had been compromised. would she do that again? would she try to contact the asgard and give it back to them? would she simply tell hammy?

the one thing i don't think she'd do is turn her back and ignore it. she would have to do something and after potentially finding out that two of the sgc's command officers were stealing tech, just who would she trust?
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sky, I think she'd trust Hammond with it. In Foothold, didn't she have visual, concrete evidence he'd been compromised? Hammond is her father's friend, as well as her commanding general, and I don't believe she'd go outside of his command unless she had darned good reason to do so. I've always seen Sam as trusting Hammond completey.

As for what Makepeace would do if he thought Sam had pegged him... I suppose it depends on how loyal he was to his "cause." I think you could write him realistically trying to get her killed on a mission or somewhere off base. Or he might tell his accomplices about her, and have them kill her. You know, he could have his buddies set a trap for her off-world. (Which would have interesting implications if Jack found out about it...)

Nice plot bunny!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      hehehehe, new smileys

just had to get that outta my system
                      can you guess which one's my fave, ad?

you can't?!

okay, let me help you.

did you get that?

oh, need to see it again?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                        I just had a WILD thought...what if one of us *was* AT? Who would it be?
                        that would be me.

i'm finally admitting it.

that's why i started the thread.

it's me, amanda tapping.

what?

WHAT?

WHAT!?!

sally *aka* amanda tapping
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

what would sam do?
                          Putting my self in Sam's shoes ... Having your two CO's go klepto on you is disconcerting. Would I think that Robert and Jack were in it together?? It's highly possible. Having lost my confidence in Jack, because I really believe he stole that device and in turn destroyed my confidence and trust in him. I would go to Hammond, eventually. I think it would be a difficult task though.

She didn't want to say anything to Hammond about Jack. In fact she didn't say anything, Jack told Hammond what happened. I think Sam would think long and hard about the decision before she went to Hammond. Why? So glad you asked for several reasons (just my take on it).

1. She was a little disappointed that she wasn't given command of SG-1, but in general she was really okay with it. Remember Daniel strongly stating she should be the new leader. She may fear others will not take her seriously if she accused Robert of the same offense as Jack. They may think it's a ploy to get him off the team in hopes of her taking his place.

2. She would in turn be snitching on him. Not a good thing in the Military. No one knows about Jack's undercover or about the rogue group stealing technology. Outsiders would see two members of SG-1 being accused of stealing. As we all know by the time word makes it way through the grapevine a scarce amount of truth is left.

3. (My favorite) What did she see? She saw Robert picking something up by the DHD. She had no way of knowing what it was? She may dismiss it at first, but curiosity gets the better of her. I think she would investigate the situation herself. Once she finds out the device is really from the Asgard she begins to seriously wonder about him. I think it would be interesting to see Sam struggling with following order from a man she doesn't know if she can trust. She watches him 'pick-up' another piece or two. She realizes what is going on about the time he discovers she knows. (and as Strix Varia mentioned above) Jack gets wind of what they plan to do to her and he struggles to get to her and not blow his cover. Daniel and Teal'c are both disappointed in Jack (he plays his role so perfectly), therefore they don't trust anything he says. SHe goes to Hammond and Robert knows this is his last trip through the gate (Hammond wants concrete evidence on robert so they allow one last mission). Robert somehow ends up alone on the planet with Sam. Sam is in a fight to save herself and not knowing who she can trust.

I think there are so many possibilities this story could go ... and I have rambled on long enough.
                          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 30 December 2005, 08:21 PM.

Comment

LOL Sally (er... Amanda!) - It figures. Just like Amanda to start a thread about herself. She's *such* a narcissist, isn't she?

mini(lovin' the way cool new icons!)geek

Originally posted by majorsal
                            that would be me.

i'm finally admitting it.

that's why i started the thread.

it's me, amanda tapping.

what?

WHAT?

WHAT!?!

sally *aka* amanda tapping

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

For those living around this part of the world, Happy New Year for a couple of hours time

Comment

Happy New Year Samanda!! May 2006 be a GREAT year for us, Amanda & all the kids @ Stargate

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X