Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
    S: Sir, I think I've broken my wrist.

J: Well, tough for you, Carter. You didn't have to slap me so hard, all I said was...

S: With all due respect Sir, I know exactly what you said, and I'm willing to break my other wrist as well if you say it again.

J: But that Vala is a bit of a hottie...

*SLAP*

S: Owww!!!

J: Medic!!!
    Lol!!!!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Great to see AT's interview *including* the questions, which put her responses (posted earlier) into context. As much as I don't like the uncertainty about Sam's role in S10, I am comforted that AT is still enjoying her work.

Oh and I just had to post this off topic item--I had my first digestive biscuits this weekend (imported from the UK). You UK types know what I'm talking about, but to me they were simply mysterious items that appeared in British detective stories till now. They always sounded like some strange antacid treatment or something , but they are quite good. I recommend anyone going to Gabit to find some for snacking.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        Great to see AT's interview *including* the questions, which put her responses (posted earlier) into context. As much as I don't like the uncertainty about Sam's role in S10, I am comforted that AT is still enjoying her work.

Oh and I just had to post this off topic item--I had my first digestive biscuits this weekend (imported from the UK). You UK types know what I'm talking about, but to me they were simply mysterious items that appeared in British detective stories till now. They always sounded like some strange antacid treatment or something , but they are quite good. I recommend anyone going to Gabit to find some for snacking.
        I'm going to GABIT. Seriously in debt now, but it will be worth it! Whoot!

As for digestives... they're ok, but I recommend chocolate rich tea biscuits! And dairy milk chocolate! I'll be sure to bring a bag of goodies with me!

Whoot! Very Exciting!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I can't really believe it yet, but I'm actually going to Gabit2......I'm so excited, I can hardly believe it. I'm even going to the cocktail party...it's like a dream come true. I will actualy get to meet Amanda.....I never thought that I would be able to attend, but barring anything unforseen.....I'm going. I'm making my reservations now and then its just a matter of counting the days until November.

London is one of my favorite cities, and the chance to return, this time showing it to my hubby for the first time, is almost too good to be true. He's more excited about meeting Amanda, but who can blame him. LOL

Is anyone from Samanda going to be there? I would love to meet my fellow citizens and share our admiration (and maybe a few drinks) for Amanda. I'm just hoping nothing gets in the way of my going. This is atruly a dream come true, as i was too late to attend last year.
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
            I can't really believe it yet, but I'm actually going to Gabit2......I'm so excited, I can hardly believe it. I'm even going to the cocktail party...it's like a dream come true. I will actualy get to meet Amanda.....I never thought that I would be able to attend, but barring anything unforseen.....I'm going. I'm making my reservations now and then its just a matter of counting the days until November.

London is one of my favorite cities, and the chance to return, this time showing it to my hubby for the first time, is almost too good to be true. He's more excited about meeting Amanda, but who can blame him. LOL

Is anyone from Samanda going to be there? I would love to meet my fellow citizens and share our admiration (and maybe a few drinks) for Amanda. I'm just hoping nothing gets in the way of my going. This is atruly a dream come true, as i was too late to attend last year.
            Soooooo jealous. I was really lucky cos I had to spend the whole day at my grandparents without internet access, so I was scared they'd have sold out. I'm going, but they'd already sold out of the cocktail party tickets. *sob*

As royal Bartender, I guarantee that we'll be out on the town!!! My sister lives in London, so I'm trying to work out whether to kip on her floor or join you at the hotel.

Are you all staying at the venue?

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Congrats Lida!! There are several members of Samanda that are going, I have lost count. I am sure you, your husband and all the others will have a blast! The con happens on my birthday next year, so please report back all those wonderful events and humorous stories for all of us.

Comment

Part 2 of the interview with Amanda is up here
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Hmm, sorry for this OT post but since several of you are going to Gabit, what exactly happens there?
                  I have never been to a convention so haven't a clue. I've read some of the great reports from this years Gabit, about the Q&A and the cocktail but what happens the rest of the time?
                  It is 2 days, is AT there all the time ?
                  I live about 1 hour from London and would love to get to meet AT and other Stargate fans face to face but I'm a bit scared and wonder if I can justify the expense .

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                    Hmm, sorry for this OT post but since several of you are going to Gabit, what exactly happens there?
                    I have never been to a convention so haven't a clue. I've read some of the great reports from this years Gabit, about the Q&A and the cocktail but what happens the rest of the time?
                    It is 2 days, is AT there all the time ?
                    I live about 1 hour from London and would love to get to meet AT and other Stargate fans face to face but I'm a bit scared and wonder if I can justify the expense .
                    I was at the last Gabit, so I'll pm you with all the info.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      I was at the last Gabit, so I'll pm you with all the info.
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        Well, if I could chime in for a moment ....

But, reading between the lines (because you have to, come on), I get the feeling she's gone home to friends and family and had a heck of a good vent session more than once about the way things are currently.

I think, all kidding aside, now more than ever it'd be nice if there was some way her fans would be able to show her how much her work is appreciated, how beautiful we feel she is (inside and out) and how much she continues to enrich the SG-1 universe with her presence and her character.

I'm sure GABIT 2 will help with that ....

mini
                        Mini has asked me to delete her post and I am now trying to do so ... I left some parts which I responded to below to make more sense of my post though ...

Hey There, I'm on a non-user-friendly laptop for just a minute ... but managed to finally log in and read AT's wonderful interviews. Here's my take, quickly, 'cause I won't have time to read our Samandan posts here but caught yours, mini.

Amanda tells Dave Reed (mod) that SHE COMES HERE TO READ THE NEWS AND MOST LIKELY THAT MEANS SHE HAS BEEN DROPPING BY TO SEE WHAT SaGC HAS BEEN SAYING TOO. Why do I think this? Because of the "red book" the early compilation of first three hundred pages of this thread which was sent to her and which, she told me personally, "blew her away" and made her "sob". Astro carefully edited and presented to AT the fans' viewpoints on Sam as a great character and there were many meaningful and weighty discussions at the time. What made me smile now in reading the GW interviews, was that Amanda seems to have been truly affected by our a) intentions as super Carter fans and b) our vast demographic of ages, professions, etc. I'm not saying that other sites, other fans, have not been an influence, but dang it! I really am happy that she's gotten the message that we expect her to continue to fight the good fight and stand up for the character of Sam. I think she's now energized to do this - the GABIT event alone showed her how much her fans think of her and of her portrayal of Sam.

We also sent her "blue jello" in a campaign and the flowers/candy first week back on set (which she also said came at such an appropriate time when she was feeling vulnerable).

So, that's my two cents ... I think we have already shown Amanda how much we love her this past year and I think she knows she can come here to find honest opinions, intelligent discussion, and oodles of compassion and support for all things Sam!

Look - she's already commited to a second GABIT! It's because her fan base is conveying the right message to counteract all those negative posts elsewhere!

You make a good point of Amanda privately venting her frustrations. What I found encouraging in the GW interviews is her honesty, once again, in telling it like it is. I think she may even feel more supported now than ever before because of the uproar that occurred over the GABIT reports. Fans who never posted came online to say how much they admired the actress and the character! So, no matter which way the wind blows for S10, AT knows that we will be supporting her completely and wishing her success! (I had the great privilege of conveying this to her personally during the autograph session and I treasure that moment of woman-to-woman contact!)

Anyone who can find a way to attend GABIT2, go for it! You'll have a beautiful experiences with a beautiful and classy lady!

Have to run, guys! Hope the holidays are treating you well!

Peace, CG
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 27 December 2005, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah. Thanks CG. I'd posted earlier - the first half of Amanda's interview left me feeling a little bittersweet - melancholy, almost. Perpahs it was all in my own mind.

I decided, after posting, I'd rather not stir up negative thoughts (among other things), so I opted to remove my thoughts/comments on that. The second half of the interview (due to the questions asked) was much more light hearted than the first, and a lot of fun to read. One thing's for absolutely certain, Amanda sure does seem to be in love with being a mommy. Very very cool.

Frankly, as a fan of SG-1, I'm also not certain what season ten will bring to the table. I'm still hoping for the best of course, but I'm pragmatically assuming that the "best moments" of SG-1 have likely already come and gone (terrible thing to say, I know! ). But I feel that, none the less.

Like many here, I became a fan of SG-1 because I enjoyed the premise of the show as a sci-fi and also the stories - but it was Amanda whose character really drew me in - in the final analysis. I still enjoy watching, and despite the foibles, I'll probably muddle along until the last-gasp of the series arrives (unless it gets terribly, hideiously disgusting between now and then - which I can't imagine, somehow. ).

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll make it to GABIT 2 now (since I'd never be able to book tickets this far in advance with my schedule being what it is), but for those who do attend, I hope you all have just as much fun as those who went last year. Sounds like it'll be another blast and a half.

And to CG - > I wasn't actually suggesting that fans hadn't shown Amanda their support until now. Apologies for that. I meant, after reading that first part of the interview (and even little bits of the second), there was a strange little empath inside me that thought for all the world AT could use some cheering up - with things to come. So I meant that, with so many fans out there who adore her, it'd be nice to find a way to bump her on the shoulder and give her a big SAmandan 'chin up' (so to speak!). That's all. Hope I didn't offend.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Go Amanda!!!! Whooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

that is such a nice interview. DAvid did a fantastic job and amanda sounded so great
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Many interesting bits in the second part of the GW interview.

We had a discussion about Sam's religious beliefs some time ago, but I don't think any of us pegged her as a Roman Catholic. At least not that I remember. Although I think Forever (and maybe a couple of others), if I recall correctly, thought Sam might be fairly religious. Good call!

Actually, I was a little horrified to hear AT actually visits Gateworld. Even though Gateworld is a more neutral site than many, Sam is still ripped sometimes, and clearly AT has come across some negativity. While I know Amanda is a well-adjusted adult who can no doubt differentiate between legitimate criticism and the whacko-to-the-extreme posts, it still can't be pleasant to see some of the more hurtful stuff. I can only hope that CG is right, and that she occasionally stops in here for a shot of love.

Um, when we're being positive and upbeat of course <cough, cough>.

I am very glad that she sounds upbeat about the future.

For those of you going to GABIT2 from the U.S., you might keep an eye open for cheap flights on Aer Lingus (Ireland's national airline, I believe). During the off-season, they run fairly inexpensive flights from several major US cities to Shannon and Dublin, and cheap flights from Shannon and Dublin to London. In some cases, they are the cheapest flights I've found. While they haven't posted fares for November 2006 yet, it might be worth keeping an eye on them as a possible alternative to other major airlines:
                                http://www.aerlingus.com/

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X