Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    yeah. the interview is nice and fun.

but it does kinda worry me that she's so unsure. I mean, how can you not know what to do with a character that's been there since the beginning????
    Well, this certainly was a great interview. Very about Amanda, which is a nice change from the "give up the spoilers" focus most take. I'm sure that will come tomorrow, though.

That said, all it does is reiterate the concerns AT had (and still has) about Sam's future on the show. The hue and cry that took place after GABIT was certainly warranted, and the blind contract she was offered remains a slap in the face, especially given that she's been such an important part of the show since day one. That any of this is taking place is extremely disappointing, and a real shame. They don't want to say?? What the hell is that? That the thought of moving her so completely off of SG1 has been anything more than a passing whim is shocking and a sad commentary on the way TPTB are looking at their jobs. I bemoan the Stargate Franchise, and what it has done to SG-1. Joe's latest blog responses on the issue are somewhat encouraging, but I won't be happy until all is said and done.

Originally Posted by binkpmmc
    Does anyone here entertain the notion that after the complete ripping apart of the notion of the space sprog when that twit Alex Levine put those idiotic stataments at the sci-fi blog he was doing at the time, that they decided against the sprog? I mean there could not have been a more unified cry of "WTF" from every faction of fandom, including the D/V lovers, if they had announced that the show was indeed cancelled that very day.
    Sorry, but that's just a level of optimism of which I'm not capable. There's been no indication that these plans were changed, and at this point I don't think TPTB could have if they wanted to. Vala's forced inclusion this year came down from Skiffy so late that they had to find some way to write off, or rather write in, CB's pregnancy. By the time fans' feelings on the matter were known, it was far too late to revise the plan. The sprog's as permanent an addition as Vala herself, much to my chagrin.

Comment

You know what sucks about the Amanda Interview, it's a text interview and not a audio interview. I personally like reading the interview while I'm listening to the interview, like with the David Hewlett interview from last week or so.
      sigpic

Comment

there are reasons not to have the audio up. it's possible that AT didn't give permission to have the audio up, only the text.

recordinig for the 'record' and accuracy is one thing, recording to 'broadcast' is another
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
          That said, all it does is reiterate the concerns AT had (and still has) about Sam's future on the show. The hue and cry that took place after GABIT was certainly warranted, and the blind contract she was offered remains a slap in the face, especially given that she's been such an important part of the show since day one. That any of this is taking place is extremely disappointing, and a real shame. They don't want to say?? What the hell is that? That the thought of moving her so completely off of SG1 has been anything more than a passing whim is shocking and a sad commentary on the way TPTB are looking at their jobs. I bemoan the Stargate Franchise, and what it has done to SG-1. Joe's latest blog responses on the issue are somewhat encouraging, but I won't be happy until all is said and done.
          yeah. after 9 years it is pretty disrespectful that she's so in the dark. I mean, CB knew in the middle of s8 that she was going to be in s9 (she knew before AT's pregnancy). She also knew taht she was going to be in and she was signed for s10 before amanda even knew that there WAS a season 10 and that sam would be in it.

IMHO, that's not a nice way to treat a person who's been a vital part of the show since day one.

that's the way you treat someone you are either taking massively for granted or a person that you really don't care about.

she's in a cruddy situation...but she is handling it with grace.

sigpic

Comment

there are reasons not to have the audio up. it's possible that AT didn't give permission to have the audio up, only the text.

recordinig for the 'record' and accuracy is one thing, recording to 'broadcast' is another
            mmm, I learned something about why some interviews have audio and some don't.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
              Oh, yeah - if she was pregnant, Vala could avoid that whole child-birth, naming, child-care, feeding, changing, raising, bottles, nappies, diaper-rashes, burping up, getting up in the middle of the night, setting a good example for the offspring stuff, and just bear a nice, neat convenient plot device or two, right from the start. Vala's always such a good girl who's always so concerned for the comfort and welfare of others, I bet she'll be her usual ultra-considerate of the whole Stargate universe self and do just that! :big, toothy, vacant grin: Someone ought to buy that dear girl Vala a halo, shouldn't they?

I guess it's more penance before the shrine of the Immaculate Intimation at Our Lady of Prepackaged Perpetual Pulchritude and Prolific Perpetration for me....
              *tongue firmly planted in cheek

Hold the phone! What's the beef? Be nice. Don't go dissin' on my gal Vala! She's not THAT bad. Really. Just cause you don't like her or get her, no need to be so snippy.

Sure Vala isn't everyone's cup o' tea, but she's got some great stuff going for her. She's got moxie and is willing to do anything to get what she wants and if it results in helping the team...all the better. I'm fairly positive that Vala will be toned down a wee bit and we'll get much needed back story on her and even better...we'll get to see lots of Sam and Vala bonding. *looks at Agent Dark then whispers, "Not THAT kind of bonding. Gees, AD, get your mind out of the gutter!"
              Last edited by SunKrux; 26 December 2005, 06:42 PM.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

yeah. after 9 years it is pretty disrespectful that she's so in the dark. I mean, CB knew in the middle of s8 that she was going to be in s9 (she knew before AT's pregnancy). She also knew taht she was going to be in and she was signed for s10 before amanda even knew that there WAS a season 10 and that sam would be in it.

IMHO, that's not a nice way to treat a person who's been a vital part of the show since day one.

that's the way you treat someone you are either taking massively for granted or a person that you really don't care about.

Yes, Amanda continues to demostrate that she is, apparently, the most professional individual involved with Stargate. She is being quite kind considering the way she's been treated. It's just a crapfest of a situation. She does sound really pleased with the actual working arrangement, though, if not with the treatment Carter has been recieving. Creatively, I'm none too pleased with the way that the Carter character is being handled (or fumbled about, as it were). That said, I find it hard to complain too much given just how accomodating production has been to Amanda's new situation. Bridge sounds like a nice place to work, even if the quality of the work isn't quite up to snuff.
                Last edited by golfbooy; 26 December 2005, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Well said Sky...and least we all forget, Claudia's probably in an akward position as well. She probably had no clue as to how things with Amanda were/are being handled. Frellin' PTB aren't being nice to either actresses, imho. Hopefully they will straighten up and fly right with both of them and things will be good.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                    mmm, I learned something about why some interviews have audio and some don't.
                    yeah. i can't speak with certainty that that is the case in this situation, however an interviewer is often at the mercy of what the interviewee wants to do. some allow pictures, some don't. some allow audio, some don't.

interviewers just have to go with the flow

sigpic

Comment

She sure is. But I agree with you all, how can they not know what to do with her, and how can they leave her this long without some kind of resolution to the situation. It's been a little while since GABIT now, and she's still so in the dark. I wish, for her sake, that they would tell her what she's doing .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                        Yes, Amanda continues to demostrate that she is, apparently, the most professional individual involved with Stargate. She is being quite kind considering the way she's been treated. It's just a crapfest of a situation. She does sound really pleased with the actual working arragement, though, if not with the treatment Carter has been recieving. Creatively, I'm none too pleased with the way that the Carter character is being handled (or fumbled about, as it were). That said, I find it hard to complain too much given just how accomodating production has been to Amanda's new situation. Bridge sounds like a nice place to work, even if the quality of the work isn't quite up to snuff.
                        *least anyone misunderstand...I am NOT upset with the current topic, just tossing in a Scaper/Gater perspective

Since a few of you don't know the professional standards of Ben and Claudia, let me say this...they are just as professional as the rest of the SG1 cast/crew, they just happen to be the "new kids" and are sadly taking a lot of heat for nothing they have any control over. Just want folks to remember than when they are lamenting the situation with Amanda. I feel for her, Ben and Claudia since it can't be easy for any of them. They are all showing their true colors and how truly professional they are in the way they are all handling the mishandling of Amanda's role in the show. Ben had nothing but praise for Amanda and the rest of the cast/crew at last months FS con.
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah. i can't speak with certainty that that is the case in this situation, however an interviewer is often at the mercy of what the interviewee wants to do. some allow pictures, some don't. some allow audio, some don't.

interviewers just have to go with the flow
                          I wonder how many other members didn't know this.
                          sigpic

Comment

CB and BB are - relatively - innocent victims in all this.

IMHO, skiffy is pulling the strings and actors are caught in the middle. some of the actors are coming out well and being taken care of, others are not

just the way things are

sigpic

Comment

IMHO, skiffy is pulling the strings and actors are caught in the middle. some of the actors are coming out well and being taken care of, others are not

just the way things are
                              I'm sorry, Skydiver. Really, I am.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

just the way things are
                                Exactly! Just doing my job as Royal Sambassador. It really sucks all around for the actors. TPTB are pullin' all the strings and the actors have to follow if they want to keep their jobs. Never a good thing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X