X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry X-Mas To All
    sigpic

Comment

OK, it's about 6:40pm on Christmas Day here, and this is what I've been up to...

Went to Mass last night, so I could have a lie-in this morning.

Today, had lie-in, eventually got up and opened presents (thank you Coley and ChopinGal ), then went out for traditional family Christmas dinner with father, aunts, uncle and cousin. Ate far too much turkey, roast potatoes, mashed potato and veg (including the infamous Brussels Sprouts ), passed on the Christmas pudding in favour of cheesecake made with Baileys (mmmmm...), finished off with mince pies, cheese and biscuits.

Headed home after dinner via the cemetary - my mother passed away on September 1st, so this is the first Christmas she's not been with us.

Got home in time to watch the Queen's Speech on telly, then contemplated going out for a cycle ride. Decided not to as I'd probably just look like some kid out playing on his new bicycle... which would be true, except in this case the kid's 45 years old . Spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around drinking tea instead.

Currently debating whether to have something to eat before watching the new Dr Who. Decisions, decisions...

Comment

Hey all:

As for my Christmas - I've got stomach flu. Yes, worshiping the porcelain god instead of playing like Tsax and Dips. We've called off our Potato Latkes for Chanukah tonight also....

Anyway, here's my meager gift to all my fellow Samandans: the hotel info for the place across from Shore Leave:

Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
        221 International Circle
        Hunt Valley, Maryland 21030
        USA
        Phone: 1-410-584-7070

I spoke with Gianni. You can get just a room or you can upgrade and get a full breakfast with your room - we're talking eggs, sausage, the whole ball of wax. Can't go to a con without a good breakfast or you'll be like Jack all day: "we'll need snacks"!
        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Poor baby! Hope you feel better soon. And thanks for the info. I'm sure it'll be really useful for a lot of people.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Poor baby! Hope you feel better soon. And thanks for the info. I'm sure it'll be really useful for a lot of people.
            Aww, thanks for the well wishes. Hubs is sick now...

Anyway, I sure hope to be in the hotel with a few of Samanda's good citizens!

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

there's been a lot of that going around. last weekendmy mom picked up some food poisoning so it was a very long, or i should say short, night.

all you can do is try to keep hydrated adn wait for it to run its course
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

another holiday question.....now that folks have sampled all the homemade goodies....what is sam's favorite home made christmas candy/cookie?

and please explain what your choice is since some folks may have no idea what a cherry mash is or what no bake cookies are
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  there's been a lot of that going around. last weekendmy mom picked up some food poisoning so it was a very long, or i should say short, night.

all you can do is try to keep hydrated adn wait for it to run its course
                  Yeah, and once its run its course eat soup, but I highly recommend staying away from any soups containing BEANS...

Sam's favorite dessert - didn't she say she makes a mean souffle? And no I don't really know what that is, I just know it takes a rocket scientist - er, I mean an analyst of deep space radar telemetry - to bake....

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    another holiday question.....now that folks have sampled all the homemade goodies....what is sam's favorite home made christmas candy/cookie?

and please explain what your choice is since some folks may have no idea what a cherry mash is or what no bake cookies are

Chocolate Chip Cookies - because she made them with her mom as a kid
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Sam (back at work, but distracted): I ate way too much during Christmas and it makes for iffy rope dangling. Next time, I’ll stick to blue jell-o. But the cheesecake, soufflés and chocolate chip cookies were worth it. Just look out on the other side – one heavy body coming through.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Catherine has started a new poll for best episode. This is not a tounament where episodes are eliminated like in previous threads she has created. This is a poll of your top twenty episodes. Each person can vote only once. If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to check it out and vote for your favorite episodes. I'm sure at least one or two Sam episodes will make it into everyone's top 20 list. I think I'm off to rewatch them again to double check which ones may have moved up on my list and which may have fallen.

Best Episode Poll ( Seasons 1 - 8 )

Kudos,
                        Kat

Edit: Oooh looks as if the Samanda thread may actually reach 400,000 viewings soon. WoW! Our little thread is growing by leaps and bounds. A big thanks to all the lurkers out there! Even if you don't choose to delurk and join us, you've helped Samanda reach a new milestone just by hanging out and reading the thread!
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 26 December 2005, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          I forgot about that...good point. Butter, margarine or shortening?

Comment

I dare you to try THIS, Santa!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              I'm with you!

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                              I forgot about that...good point. Butter, margarine or shortening?
                              Butter naturally!
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Joe M. is online and answering questions in his usual cryptic form, but here's a couple that you might find interesting.

Originally posted by phoenixblue7500
                                After reading your comments and some of the interviews with cast and crew I have a question for you: Will the show really be so Vala-heavy as it seems now or will we have still a fair amount of episodes when she stays in the background so that is room for interaction beween the other characters?
                                There will be episodes in which Vala will be heavy, and there will be episodes in which she will be light.

"I´m not completly against Vala but the informations about season 10 hint very much about a very Vala centred season 10. And that´s nothing I would enjoy. Especially I´m interested if there is a chance for a Daniel episode that isn´t a Daniel/Vala episode. Can I hope for that? Or at least for enough room for all characters to have little stories of their own (as it was always before Vala appeared) or will it be always "Vala and her sidekicks"?"
                                No, the show won't revolve around any single character.

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X