Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tara3583
    Hi Chocdoc, i've just got the new special mag and here's little snippets of what Amanda has to say, the interview took place in her trailer during the last seven days of filming.
    Amanda inside of trailer and playing with Olivia and the interviewer says the expressions on both their faces, mother and child couldn't be enjoying themselvesmore.
    "This past Spring i really did question whether or not i'd made the right decision as an actor, a mum, and a person to come back to work" say's Tapping. "Character wise, i definitely felt Sam Carter needed to return.
    She goes on to say that she is happy with how things have gone in season 9 and that she did in the end make the right decision to come back.
    She says that Olivia is an easy giong baby and is much loved by both cast and crew.
    "One of the things i have missed are the Mummy and me classes and meeting other mum's, both of which i did during Olivia's first month of life. I had a day off reently where i got together with a group of mums that i'd gotten to know and i was like, "What have all of you been up to? What exactly is Gymboree. and what's this and that? Fortunately, with our hiatus coming up i'll have the chance to learn about all those types of things."
    That little peek into Amanda as a new mum and sharing it with her fans has once again put a smile on my face and touched me deeply that she is so willing to share that side of her life with us.
    All in all good interview most of which has been said before.

The interview on Gateworld though has left me feeling very sad and uneasy for what tptb are planning for Sam next year, it's not making me as a fan looking foreward to next year if i just read the remarks from Amanda, not good selling of a product imho if i'm made to feel like that! Still i will watch because of Amanda and look foreward to the rest of her interview.

Thanks so much, tara3583, for sharing this part of AT's interview---it was great to hear about Olivia.

I guess AT is in a wait-and-see for next year, expressing some faith in the writers. I feel like we are all in a wait-and-see mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
      Some lovely thoughful holidays messages being posted - just great!!

Lys, Myrth, Samfan, Forever and Nell - great images you have posted!!!

Errr anyone seen sight of 1speed? If he claims illness it was nothing to do with my cooking yesterday. I'm perfectly okay!!! Maybe the shock of seeing my kitchen tidy if he mails in sick!!

Ho Ho Ho!!!

Right Santa - all I want is SG1 in season 10 as it can only be - with Sam playing an integral part of the team. Non of this being replaced by others stuff.

Take care everyone!!

Me too, Santa!! Me too!!

Have a Happy Holiday everyone, and Gatergeek257--Happy Winter Solstice!!

Everyone be safe and keep healthy!!

We should have lots to discuss once the the second half starts--yeah!! Glad to hear that AT was happy with season 9. The second half should be good---I actually can't wait for real team episodes again. Here's hoping!!

Comment

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that not many of you will be around tomorrow. So I'd like to take this chance to say Merry Christmas, happy holidays. I'll be online tomorrow, no doubt, but for the rest of you, take care and drink sensibly. I want all my Samandans safe and well!

You guys have been great, you and the J/S (Jack/Sam and John/Teyla, for that matter) have been like an extended family. I love you all.

Love and hugs and best wishes
        TJ xxx
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !

A.
          VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            Thankyou Sky for putting in a little non-spoilerish word for GUP. Deepspace was starting to wonder if the episode would... take the Rodney fantasy angle a bit too far. It's good to know that the episode is enjoyable.
            Hopefully one day Australia will actually think about giving us some more stargate.
            the rodney fantasy angle is about 45 seconds to a minut of the whole show. And, within the context it makes sense.

rodney is a creep. a well meaning and heroic at heart creep, but a creep none the less. and he's also a man...and we all know what he was thinking with

slightly cringe worthy, sure...but, for me, no more cringe worthy than D&C or bits of entity

and i was enjoying light hearted amanda too much to fuss over a bit of rodney's testosterone dreams
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy Holidays to everyone. Drive careful, be good and have fun.

Oh, and here's an idea. I'm catholic, even if i'm not really a practicing one, so my holiday religious bits mainly consists of going to mass. (well, should, i'm not a church goer even though i did help decorate it this week)

but i don't know much about how Haunakka (which i know i massacred) is celebrated, or Kwanza, or Winter Solstice

would any folks who celebrate like to share with us the basics of what they do?

If you're not comfortable, cool, no biggie. Im jsut thinking of a way that we can learn a little more about each other

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                Some lovely thoughful holidays messages being posted - just great!!

Lys, Myrth, Samfan, Forever and Nell - great images you have posted!!!

Errr anyone seen sight of 1speed? If he claims illness it was nothing to do with my cooking yesterday. I'm perfectly okay!!! Maybe the shock of seeing my kitchen tidy if he mails in sick!!
                Ho Ho Ho!!!

Right Santa - all I want is SG1 in season 10 as it can only be - with Sam playing an integral part of the team. Non of this being replaced by others stuff.

Take care everyone!!
                I'm not feeling too good today, as it happens , but it's nothing to do with the Royal Accountant's cooking, or the state of her kitchen, just a case of man-flu.

Anyhow, all I really dropped by to say was...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Let's all be careful out there,

1speed

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Oh, and here's an idea. I'm catholic, even if i'm not really a practicing one, so my holiday religious bits mainly consists of going to mass. (well, should, i'm not a church goer even though i did help decorate it this week)

but i don't know much about how Haunakka (which i know i massacred) is celebrated, or Kwanza, or Winter Solstice

If you're not comfortable, cool, no biggie. Im jsut thinking of a way that we can learn a little more about each other
                  Let's see...Christian here. Christmas is spent at my folks house. There's a service at the church (but only because it's Sunday)...actually there's also a Christmas Eve service tonight as well.

Anyway, after the service we'll chill around the tree...my father will read the first part of Luke 2 (birth of Christ) then I as the designated gift-passer-outer will disseminate the gifts all the while Christmas music is playing in the background.

Then it's time to cook (turkey's been cooking for awhile by this point of course)...Mom handles the turkey, celery with pimento cheese snacks and the stuffing. Dad peels potatoes with me. I do the mashed potatoes, Ritz crackers/Velveeta/Broccoli casserole (heavenly) and help with anything else, like get the cranberry sauce out of the can so it maintains its shape . We have a Schwan's spiral cut ham and sweet potato casserole, but not sure if we'll have either of those tomorrow.

We always say we'll be eating by 2 pm at the latest...but it like NEVER works out (it's kind of an inside family joke..."Mary Beth, we'll be eating by 2, right?" "Sure, Dad...sure.").

While we eat, we watch a film and chill in front of the tube.

Then of course is the mandatory Christmas day "I ate too much turkey" nap, followed by another course of the Christmas meal.

Oh and off and on all day family members call wishing a Merry Christmas yadda yadda.

So that's pretty much a textbook Christmas at the House's house. Who's next?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Well I'm off in about an hour to play th first of two Christmas Eve services and then in the morning I will play at a Christmas Day service. It's a very warm Christmas Eve this year - 70 degrees outside in foggy central valley California.

Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas

Blessings to everyone this holiday season.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Hi everyone. On Christmas day I play with my jazz band at a hotel just out of town. We play whilst many families sit down to have their Christmas lunch. We don't get fed (although we do get a few drinks!), so I drool throughout the whole gig. Santa makes an appearance and we play jazz-up versions of 'Jingle Bells'. Afterwards, I join my trumpet player's family for Christmas dinner. We eat well, drink lots, watch tv and have a great time.

I hope everyone here has a Merry Christmas.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm a Christian myself. Although my family complain if I go to church on Christmas day. They are so pleased I've come home this year, they don't want to lose me for half the day.

My family is German, so we still have remnants of German traditions: German biscuits and cakes and stuff on Christmas eve, and usually a family get together.

This is my first time with my family for a while. Last year I was in Germany, and the two Christmasses before I was in Southampton, so it's a little strange being back.

So. A rundown of Christmas day at my house, goes as follows:

I wake up around 9am and check my emails, send out Merry Christmas texts and so on. I grab a cup of tea and a slice of toast and wait for my family to wake up. They don't wake up, so at 10.30 I go and wake them up.

We do one present each before waking our dad up, who then comes to join us with his camera (21 Christmasses and he's still not bored of taking pics of his little girls) and we have another cup of tea or coffee before presents.

We phone our grandparents before going nextdoor at about 11.30 to take presents round and join them for Christmas drinks. My nextdoor neighbour is a fan of the Viz, and we always buy him the annual for Christmas, so it's dirty jokes all round.

We come back and have Christmas dinner. In Britain, we have Turkey, with roast potatoes, veg, then Christmas pud for afters. We also have a tradition of pulling Christmas Crackers. It's an old Victorian parcel, which you pull and inside there's a joke, a party hat and a little toy.

After dinner, my mum and dad go to sleep for a while and my sister and I watch the afternoon film (usually The Sound of Music). When people wake up, we hit the instruments for Christmas carols (I play clarinet, sax, piano, guitar and have started playing flute. My sister palys trumpet, cornet, french horn, guitar and piano) and then have tea (batch one of twelve of turkey leftovers).

Then we head to another neighbour's for roasted chesnuts and present exchanges, as well as carols and drinks. We head home about midnight and then collapse in bed from exhaustion.

Somewhere in the midst of this are all the family arguments that will make life hell for the next 11 and a half months, and will be resolved just in time for them to start over again next Christmas!!
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Oh, my usual Solstice things - I'm a solitary, but, I'm on vacation this past week, so I could stay up to see the sun rise after the longest night, and open the circle to let the new light in, as a blessing without feeling the need to mainline caffein to get through the rest of the day. Later in the day, I did my usual 'kindling the need-fire from the sunlight with a fresnel lens' attempt (success this year - though all the muttering about the temperature might have warmed up the paper and cotton to the point where it wasn't actually an accomplishment! ). I played my new recorder, too, in the spirit of new beginnings and the breath of coming spring, but, as I'd only gotten it Monday, I think the "holiday spirit" was actually increased by me stopping!

Joy to All, For Every Reason, and No Reason At All!
                          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by [B
                            Tracy Jane[/B] I'm a Christian myself. Although my family complain if I go to church on Christmas day. They are so pleased I've come home this year, they don't want to lose me for half the day.
                            Simhavaktra
                            Oh, my usual Solstice things - I'm a solitary, but, I'm on vacation this past week, so I could stay up to see the sun rise after the longest night, and open the circle to let the new light in, as a blessing without feeling the need to mainline caffein to get through the rest of the day.
                            ÜberSG-1FanSo that's pretty much a textbook Christmas at the House's house. Who's next?
                            tsaxlady
                            Well I'm off in about an hour to play th first of two Christmas Eve services and then in the morning I will play at a Christmas Day service.
                            dipsofjazz
                            Hi everyone. On Christmas day I play with my jazz band at a hotel just out of town. We play whilst many families sit down to have their Christmas lunch.
                            How cool is that, hearing all these ways of celebrating the same day!

Alas, my family of 3 boys and 2 sisters is all spread out this year (Las Vegas, Oklahoma, D.C. and Flushing, Queens!!) so it's me, sis and nevvies plus the usual strays (their word, not ours! They're friends to us.) Typical: Pre-dinner gathering with nibbles, beverages. Then full assault dinner with everything that can be baked, sauteed and steamed within 12 hours of the day (usu. turkey (cornish hens if Yours Truly cooks), stuffing, macaroni and cheese (really fancy with 3 cheeses if older bro cooks), veggies, corn bread and/or dinner rolls (when in-laws cook). Then post-dinner catch-up while the food settles (naps for the oldsters and babies). Guys go to the other room if their "game" is on; if not, a movie. Dollars to dimes it's a sci fi like Star Wars, ET or even 2001!

Then more people/relatives arrive for what we call The Game. Friendly rivalry ensues to see which factions take home the most gifts. Hard to describe except it involves calling out playing card numbers, a deck of which is distributed to all. Your card, pick a gift. When all the gifts are given out, the game goes on: Your card comes up again, you take any gift from anyone. This goes around till all the cards are called. The last ones with gifts after the last card is called gets to keep them, and of course open them up. Yes, swapping is allowed. Small attendance this year.

Oh, church. Well, maybe. *Tired* Christian me.

Just sayin', love hearing everyone's holiday traditions. Well, 'night, all!

My edit: The Game presents are in addition to the regular gift giving; no one goes home empty-handed!
                            Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 25 December 2005, 08:58 AM.
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Hello, fellow Samandans! The prodigal child is just checking in to wish everyone in the Kingdom a wonderful holiday. I have missed communicating with you all so much! The last few weeks have been monstrously busy, but I'm optimistic that my agency has turned the corner on its crisis, and that things will calm down considerably. Heck--they may even get back to normal soon. I hope so at least!

As I write this, it's Christmas Eve. We've just enjoyed some homemade chicken pot pie and cranberry salad. There's baked ham in the fridge, as well as my special rum cake and my mother's homemade boiled custard (a Southern version of egg nog--unspiked--but with enough sugar and eggs to put the doctor into cardiac arrest--tee-hee!). We're watching It's a Wonderful Life and hubby is wrapping packages, because he's even more behind than I am on things!

A cousin has come from out of state to spend the holiday with us. Tonight, we'll open one gift each before bed. Tomorrow, we'll go to 9:30am church services before heading home to a flurry of wrapping paper. Then, we'll dive into the ham, along with some green been casserole, sweet potato casserole and other treats. We'll finish it off with the afore-mentioned rum cake and boiled custard.

On Monday, my mother's side of the family is getting together for a big Christmas gathering at another cousin's house in Nashville (My father's side of the family had its big bash last week). Before and after, I plan to hit some after-Christmas sales!

So, that's Christmas 2005 at my house. I'm enjoying reading about how the rest of you celebrate. I hope to be communicating with you on a regular basis again soon. And I wish you each and every one your most joyous holiday ever!

Comment

Let's see, right now my mom is off at 'midnight' mass, which will really start at 1030.

she'll get home and we'll go to bed.

tomorrow morning we have to cook a bit of lunch. we're having a snackies christmas, meaning folks are bringing thier favorite snacks to lunch at my sister's in Lawrence.

we're bringing chili con queso, basically velveeta with rotel and hamburger in it, then we're also bringing no bake cookies.

i have no idea what he rest are bringing.

we'll go to lawrence middle of the day - after hitting sonic and grabbing our morning diet coke.

we'll have munchies, open gifts and probably be home late afternoon/early evening

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X