Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
      that's great. It will be fun to see Sam more at ease and relaxed.

Has anyone seen the new TV Zone Special #67 Stargate 2006 with AT's interview? I've noticed that this has just come out, and it is an issue about the second half with interviews from alot of the cast members. If anyone has it, let us know!
      Hi Chocdoc, i've just got the new special mag and here's little snippets of what Amanda has to say, the interview took place in her trailer during the last seven days of filming.
      Amanda inside of trailer and playing with Olivia and the interviewer says the expressions on both their faces, mother and child couldn't be enjoying themselvesmore.
      "This past Spring i really did question whether or not i'd made the right decision as an actor, a mum, and a person to come back to work" say's Tapping. "Character wise, i definitely felt Sam Carter needed to return.
      She goes on to say that she is happy with how things have gone in season 9 and that she did in the end make the right decision to come back.
      She says that Olivia is an easy giong baby and is much loved by both cast and crew.
      "One of the things i have missed are the Mummy and me classes and meeting other mum's, both of which i did during Olivia's first month of life. I had a day off reently where i got together with a group of mums that i'd gotten to know and i was like, "What have all of you been up to? What exactly is Gymboree. and what's this and that? Fortunately, with our hiatus coming up i'll have the chance to learn about all those types of things."
      That little peek into Amanda as a new mum and sharing it with her fans has once again put a smile on my face and touched me deeply that she is so willing to share that side of her life with us.
      All in all good interview most of which has been said before.

The interview on Gateworld though has left me feeling very sad and uneasy for what tptb are planning for Sam next year, it's not making me as a fan looking foreward to next year if i just read the remarks from Amanda, not good selling of a product imho if i'm made to feel like that! Still i will watch because of Amanda and look foreward to the rest of her interview.
      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        OMG. When do I get to sit in her lap and ask her what I want for christmas?
        Oh my. I'm not touching that with a 39 1/2 foot pole.....
        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31

Just listen for the Ring Transport...

Wishing peace, love and joy to all.
          hahahahha, I thought this one was really good SamFan! I love it.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            GUP is very enjoyable.

without spoiling i think i can say that i enjoy a chance to see sam not as the Lt colonel, but more as a woman. she's more at ease and relaxed, both in her movements and speech patterns

anyone who writes fic, studying GUP could give you a bit of insight into how to write Sam Carter instead of Soldier Carter
            Thankyou Sky for putting in a little non-spoilerish word for GUP. Deepspace was starting to wonder if the episode would... take the Rodney fantasy angle a bit too far. It's good to know that the episode is enjoyable.
            Hopefully one day Australia will actually think about giving us some more stargate.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
              Read the whole story and really enjoyed it. Thanks it was great!
              I just noticed your sigline LadyJeep.
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

I'll add...
              In the Kingdom of Kindness, there is no cold, only warmth.

Hic Comitas Regit, and may everyone have a very happy Christmas.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                I couldn't agree more. I really don't get people who don't remove a disruptive child. Kinda makes one want to bring a Disruptor.....LOL. Seriously, DD and DH are not coming to the con, its just not age appropriate for her. Now when she's older - and if she's into Sci-fi (what am I saying 'if' - WHEN, she's not adopted after all) and is able to sit quietly and listen and if she'd enjoy it I'd have her come. When I was 9 I attended the King Tut Exhibit in San Francisco - I was totally into Egyptology and archaeology. But if she wouldn't enjoy it why would I do that to anyone?
                I'm not sure how old I was when I started watching stargate, but I started watching when the movie first came out. I was young, anyway, but had a pretty good attention span. I reckon I would have been able to sit through a con and even be very interested in it. But then I was also into all kinds of things (like WFAR especially egyptology and archaeology [I still am quite a bit])that other kids around me found boring or stupid. So I'm not sure if you can make a blanket statement for all kids. If you've got kids who don't actually know anything about stargate, I can see how it could be very boring for them watching an actor talk, probably about a lot of stuff they may not even understand.
                Keep an open mind though. There are other kids who would thrive on the experience.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

It's neat to hear so many of you guys have been around or near the Pacific Northwest area. It's probably one of the few most memorable experiences in my life so far. I haven't seen half the things you guys have seen there, but still. Thanks for sharing.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Thankyou Sally for posting up my index .
                    I hope everyone's being safe, whether on the roads, in the air, or whatever modes of transport they're using over the holiday season.

I probably won't be online tomorrow, so one last BIG hug to my Samandan family, wishing every last one of you a happy christmas.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone

Take care anyone travelling over the holidays!!

Comment

Hubby and me are off shortly to spend christmas down in Bournemouth so i would like to wish you all a very happy Christmas and i hope you all get what you wish for!
                        Be safe and i'll "see" you all after Christmas, take care Samandans
                        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

Happy Holidays Samandans !
                          Originally posted by SamFan31

Just listen for the Ring Transport...

Wishing peace, love and joy to all.
                          LOL! What a pair! Muchos kudos to you, **Lys** and **SamFan31**!

Just sayin', your pics make this a Very Special Startgate Christmas, so thanks!
                          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                          sigpic
                          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                            Thankyou Sally for posting up my index .
                            I hope everyone's being safe, whether on the roads, in the air, or whatever modes of transport they're using over the holiday season.

I probably won't be online tomorrow, so one last BIG hug to my Samandan family, wishing every last one of you a happy christmas.
                            deepspace, tara3583, Coley: Safe and happy holidays to you all and your families.

Just sayin', go, have fun!
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Some lovely thoughful holidays messages being posted - just great!!

Lys, Myrth, Samfan, Forever and Nell - great images you have posted!!!

Errr anyone seen sight of 1speed? If he claims illness it was nothing to do with my cooking yesterday. I'm perfectly okay!!! Maybe the shock of seeing my kitchen tidy if he mails in sick!!

Ho Ho Ho!!!

Right Santa - all I want is SG1 in season 10 as it can only be - with Sam playing an integral part of the team. Non of this being replaced by others stuff.

Take care everyone!!

Comment

Hi everyone I'm back for my weekly check in. I wanted to comment on the taking kids to cons. When I was 6 (I'm 27 now), my mom and Dad took me to my first Sci-fi con (sortly after the release of "Return of the Jedi", my parents are huge sci-fi geeks and that's obviously where I got the bug ). I don't even remember the talking. My mom said I was either sleeping or she took me out if I got too bored. Mostly, I remember the characters and the sounds. I wasn't bored with all of that. I think I've alway been a geek at heart I suppose it just depends on the kid and the event (and how much interst the kid has in that event).

To keep on topic, I found out today that Amanda is going to be at the Vancouver con that I'm going to! I've never met her before, so I'm really exited! I need to not get too overwhelmed before then

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8...eetings9qw.jpg

Ah man, as some might have noticed by my spelling error, I'm not Jewish. I just wanted to
                                apologize for the typo... unfortunately I did look it up on the internet, but obviously the information I found was wrong. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone.

Kat
                                Thankyou I celebrate Winter Solstice and hardly anyone aknowledges it when they name holidays. Oh well.

Ok, I'll probably be off till close to New Years. To everyone, happy Holidays, and if I don't see you, happy New Year! Love ya fellow Samandans (even if I'm not on enough to show it )!
                                Last edited by Gatergeek257; 24 December 2005, 05:05 AM.
                                Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
                                Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

Working...
                                X