No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never saw any cake. *grumble* Who's the Royal Baker??
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hey guys, just a quick post to say that I got my replacement disc in the mail this afternoon. Still no commentary for Threads, which sucks, but I'm giddy over having the whole episode to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
        Hey guys, just a quick post to say that I got my replacement disc in the mail this afternoon. Still no commentary for Threads, which sucks, but I'm giddy over having the whole episode to watch.

Is this some kind of sick joke? Tons of major stuff happened in THREADS for all the team members!
        Spoiler:
        Sam's father DIED in this episode FCOL!

Will there NEVER be a commentary released? Wouldn't that make Threads the ONE episode since commentaries began WITHOUT a commentary???

Doesn't that strike anyone else as odd???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
          Hey everyone! Omg, is it really a Samandan birthday? WOW! I know I've been gone a while (damn RL getting in the way), but love and kisses for all! And Merry Christmas!
          Well now, littlest Page, your twin, deepspace, will be so happy to see you back! She's now taken on the impressive job of keeper of the archives!

Hope all is well with you!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Is this some kind of sick joke? Tons of major stuff happened in THREADS for all the team members!
            Spoiler:

Will there NEVER be a commentary released? Wouldn't that make Threads the ONE episode since commentaries began WITHOUT a commentary???

Hey there, my thoughts completely! Just got my replacement in the mail too and cannot believe that we don't have "the definitive commentary"!

Comment

Spoiler:

Yep, it's pretty screwed up if you ask me. Not much to do about it though. Such is life, or at least the farce that passes for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

Not that we'd complain if she *did* do the job in a bikini and tight pants, right, Sky? ....
                Oh, yes, there would be some amongst us who would complain ... you may want to go back through some of our weightier discussions on the role of women in science fiction.

Let me answer another question: there was a Royal Baker, a lovely Samandan named Atteria. Sadly, she died this past autumn. Again, more back reading for you to do!

Peace, CG

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  Sam: Daniel Nakked? Ewe -
                  Teal'c: (thinking - why couldn't Samantha have accended?)
                  Hahahaha, Sam/Teal'c for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                    T: Major Carter, I do believe you may be reminiscing about that unfortunate incident involving the hot tub again.

S: Mmmmm...
                    Right on, 1speed - she sure could be thinking about T in his speedo!

Comment

Very late, but sincerely:

Happy Birthday, Samanda!

Plus, just as importantly:

And Many More!
                      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

JM just posted something interesting over in his thread. Some minor spoilers for S10 and S3 I suppose
                        Originally posted by JMallozzi
                        Originally posted by binkpmmc
                        Spoiler:

You said that Daniel and Carter will cross to Atlantis in S10 - any info on what the stories may be for them on Atlantis - how they will participate, will they be in the same ep(s) of SGA? Will they be on Atlantis or will they be on earth or at the SGC?
                        Spoiler:

Brad is working on a story in which Daniel, finally, gets to go to Atlantis. So far, we have no Carter crossovers planned.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                          You got your replacement disk already? When did you mail it? I mailed mine on 11/18 and it was "processed" on 12/12.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            For the shippers amongst you, I just want to try you out on this. A pre-shipmas treat (or perhaps punishment - it is my first fic, after all)

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ningcurve.html
                            Awww. This is lovely. Good job.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                              You got your replacement disk already? When did you mail it? I mailed mine on 11/18 and it was "processed" on 12/12.
                              Actually, I'm exactly the same as you. I mailed mine out on 11/18 and it was "processed" on 12/12. However, the checkmyrebate.com website still says that my rebate is pending final audit. So, with any luck, your replacement disc is already on its way to you.

Comment

In honor of our first anniversary, I decided to take a trip down memory lane.

<>

Well anyway, I got to thinking (don't worry, the experience didn't last long nor did it cause permanent damage [none that I'm aware of at least]). We need to revive some Samandan traditions. The first of them being that of the Season polls. We have new Samandans who didn't get to vote originally and I'd hate for them to miss out. Actually I think that this is something that should be done periodically...get a feeling for what all Sam fans newer and older feel about Carter because feelings can change for even the veterans of this thread and an episode that wasn't as appealing a year ago might now be thoroughly compelling.

So what say ye? Starting with season 1??? Oh great Diver from the Sky, could you do the honors? I wasn't here when this tradition started so I'm not sure how long each poll is to last...I'll leave that to our resident mod. Then we'll have fun talking about and dissecting the winners! Who knows? Maybe next year we'll have a new redbook to send HRH...Volume 2.

Okay the other thing I would like to revive is the Name that Eppy/Caption Me! game. What do you all think? I really miss it and FCOL, this woman has so many expressive moments that are BEGGING for a caption. Oh and all please feel free to think about other Samandan traditions that we've for whatever reason stopped doing like the dolts that we are.
                                Come on Samandans, let's play again!!!!

Oh yea I say! I think you're right Uber. I know we have a different group of people now (though we do still have some oldtimers), and it would be nice to repeat some of the stuff we used to do. Soooooooo......
                                Let's play!

Only, one last thing. I think doing the season polls again is a great idea, but...
                                I'm putting my foot down when it comes to collecting everyone's episode comment posts together. Little Flame keeper or not there is no way that I can do what Astro did for the last season polls. I can say that for a certainty, and I'm not even going to try.

--deep, archivist in training (except I don't have a trainer).

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X