No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SamFan31; 19 December 2005, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Happy birthday Samanda!
      I know I'm a bit late (it's the 19th here), and I've been away for a while, but I'd like to join in anyway .
      This time my absence was completely out of my control, so I'd just like to say sorry that I didn't really get a chance to warn you all that I'd go missing (again).
      Deep the dissappearing-reappearing Space.
      I hope I can stick around more now.
      And yay! ONE WHOLE YEAR this thread has been alive !!!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

W00t! I'm always up for this game. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMANDA!!

Alas it fell on a work day for me, so I missed it, but good cheer, beer and grins all round!

Caption: T: Did you fart Colonel Carter?

S: (unconvincing) Nope...

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Name that Eppy/Caption Me!!!

Come on Samandans, let's play again!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          W00t! I'm always up for this game. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMANDA!!

Alas it fell on a work day for me, so I missed it, but good cheer, beer and grins all round!

Caption: T: Did you fart Colonel Carter?

S: (unconvincing) Nope...
          I should be above that kind of humour but your caption with that pic is just hilarious. *ROTFL*

A.
          VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Name that Eppy/Caption Me!!!

Come on Samandans, let's play again!!!!

T: Major Carter, I do believe you may be reminiscing about that unfortunate incident involving the hot tub again.

S: Mmmmm...

Comment

mmhm, a poll huh?

i don't see why not. let me work on things

I think we might stick it in off topic this time, simply because we did do this just a few months ago

do we want it pick one or pick more than one as an option?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ooh, found my first post. post #5 in this thread

When i first started watching the show, rda was why i turned the set on....Sam and amanda is why i've kept watching.

I loved watching her grow from this 'yes sir' obedient character to a independent woman who knows when and how to say no.

singularity was great for her and i think ITLOD was the best thing that happened to the character. At times, i don't think the writing has reflected that and the tok'ra/jolinar's left overs have become too much of a crutch for them.

I love the fact that, well until chimera at least, sam wasn't written as the woman on the team...she was the team member who just happened to be a woman.

I agree that it's fun to see sam exploring her feminine side...i still dont' care for just HOW they did it. I don't care for how this independent person all of a sudden turns into a doormat to fulfill society's idea of what she should be...but again, that's not sam, that's the writers.

I love the fact that she's a smart woman, who isn't afraid to be smart and isn't yet another scifi bimbo in a bikini and tight pants.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  ooh, found my first post. post #5 in this thread

When i first started watching the show, rda was why i turned the set on....Sam and amanda is why i've kept watching.

I loved watching her grow from this 'yes sir' obedient character to a independent woman who knows when and how to say no.

singularity was great for her and i think ITLOD was the best thing that happened to the character. At times, i don't think the writing has reflected that and the tok'ra/jolinar's left overs have become too much of a crutch for them.

I love the fact that, well until chimera at least, sam wasn't written as the woman on the team...she was the team member who just happened to be a woman.

I agree that it's fun to see sam exploring her feminine side...i still dont' care for just HOW they did it. I don't care for how this independent person all of a sudden turns into a doormat to fulfill society's idea of what she should be...but again, that's not sam, that's the writers.

I love the fact that she's a smart woman, who isn't afraid to be smart and isn't yet another scifi bimbo in a bikini and tight pants.
                  Not that we'd complain if she *did* do the job in a bikini and tight pants, righ, Sky?

My first post was from a couple of weeks ago, I don't think I need to post it. Samanda wasn't born when I left GW the first time.

By the way. The bar is open again!
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Happy belated birthday to SAMANDA!!! Sorry I missed the party... Lots of lovely posts.

Astro invited me to this thread after reading one of my fics. I wasn't really interested in spending time on a forum (I always thought my yahoo groups were already too time consuming), but I promised her I'd check it out. I remember thinking the Kingdom of Samanda stuff was a bit weird at first , but so many of the posts were fun and interesting that I got hooked anyway. I lurked for a long time before I ever joined and finally posted. I'm so glad I did, now, because of the wonderful folks I've met here.

Many thanks and hugs to you all!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      I remember thinking the Kingdom of Samanda stuff was a bit weird at first ,
                      LOL! Me too! I thought KINGDOM? SAMANDA? QUEEN? OMG! Hehehe. But then I realized it was tongue in cheek, and just like you said, Strix, the people I've 'met' here have been so neat and so cool it made me keep coming back to post and share ideas. Now I can't imagine not 'hangin out' around here for as long as this place continues to thrive. Really really wonderful folks 'round these parts. Ayup.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMANDA!!!!

mini(the loyal subject)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda weird???? I thought it was completely normal! Well, kinda. I understood the humour, I suppose, so never saw it as weird. I never lurked, just dove in!

Comment

I'm with you ÜberSG-1Fan--I love the captioning & guess the episode stuff.

Comment

Little Sam related pressie. It's a little Christmas parody.

Kirking Around The Christmas Tree

Comment

Happy 1st Birthday Samanda!!!

Sorry I'm a little late.

Comment

i got so tied up with the rum...where's the cake? did i miss it?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X